If not Howe, Who?

Correct, Europe is the benchmark for world football and plenty of available managers other than taking a punt on a complete unknown with no track record upon the European scene, ridiculous to even be considered
Though this may be correct, the doctor makes a good point. The rest of the world DOES play football and there are talented players and managers around the world. You don't have to go much further than Brazil and Argentina in this hemisphere for proof of that. What I hear John no saying is that for our purposes, a manager with a degree of European experience may be required.

Logical, of course, but whether it's "ridiculous to even be considered" is arguable. There are many factors involved, and with the right guidance and chemistry between players and coaches -- Exhibit A for this would be Brendan Rodgers, as much as I hate the m*****f**ker, who got the best out of everyone on the club -- a degree of success might be achieved by an unknown who possesses all the right management tools.

I don't have a problem with this Australian guy, he seems to have some pretty good credentials. But I would agree that there are probably better candidates closer to home.

Regardless, whoever we end up with -- finally -- should get our support 100 percent. And now I will put away my Captain Obvious costume.

Also, as an aside, I wish the Steve Clarke interview had gone better. Thinking about how Kilmarnock died a slow, painful death without him (heh heh heh), he was responsible for Killie consistently punching above their weight in the Premiership and I think he would have been a good fit for Celtic.

Your wrong again in your assumption upon the supporters.
Yes the team will always get the support.
Players get the support on effort and desire to give there all for the club, but will get a backlash when they don't.
Management will get the support upon the results they deliver, and when they don't deliver any still stick with a failed approach then they are only making a noose for themselves.
You never have to support a board in any means and again they make the biggest decisions and when they are been make in such a disrespectful manner of the support, the ones that they depend upon for the support in money terms, and get repaided with ignorance, then how can you still expect the majority of the supporters to support such a shower of useless bastards.
They’re responsible for this current mess and better act quickly to sort it out
I will renew my subscription to Celtic TV. When you call our Board "a shower of useless bastards" I wonder if you are drunk or just incapable of nuanced consideration. Tell me even one Board member that deserves such opprobrium.

I will renew my subscription to Celtic TV.
Good for you!
When you call our Board "a shower of useless bastards" I wonder if you are drunk or just incapable of nuanced consideration. Tell me even one Board member that deserves such opprobrium.
Not the words I'd use, but pretty much all of them deserve John no's, an everyone else's (except yours, maybe?) scorn. Through their action or inaction, they collectively have disgraced the club and those directly responsible should be shown the door. All of them? Maybe not. Some of them? Absolutely. Because Celtic, unfortunately and unfairly, operates under the cloak of secrecy, we probably won't know who's really responsible, so they're collectively at fault.

All of which is to say that the Celtic Trust's efforts to acquire shares and a voice keeps looking better and better.

Though this may be correct, the doctor makes a good point. The rest of the world DOES play football and there are talented players and managers around the world. You don't have to go much further than Brazil and Argentina in this hemisphere for proof of that. What I hear John no saying is that for our purposes, a manager with a degree of European experience may be required.

Logical, of course, but whether it's "ridiculous to even be considered" is arguable. There are many factors involved, and with the right guidance and chemistry between players and coaches -- Exhibit A for this would be Brendan Rodgers, as much as I hate the m*****f**ker, who got the best out of everyone on the club -- a degree of success might be achieved by an unknown who possesses all the right management tools.

I don't have a problem with this Australian guy, he seems to have some pretty good credentials. But I would agree that there are probably better candidates closer to home.

Regardless, whoever we end up with -- finally -- should get our support 100 percent. And now I will put away my Captain Obvious costume.

Also, as an aside, I wish the Steve Clarke interview had gone better. Thinking about how Kilmarnock died a slow, painful death without him (heh heh heh), he was responsible for Killie consistently punching above their weight in the Premiership and I think he would have been a good fit for Celtic
Sorry Larry a few factors I think need to be taken into consideration.
Risk factors with so much at stake with CL group stages in the offering by winning the league next season.
So souther hemisphere managers, will they be able to deal with the Scottish climate?
How much knowledge would they have of the Scottish game and the type of players that could adapt to the game.
Can they revitalise a lot of the players who seem to have shown a lot of disrespect towards management last season.
Are they prepared to work alongside JK who I suspect will be kept on as a number 2?
Are we going to bring potential language barriers into the dressing room?
Untold questions arising now after nearly 100 days without any answers.
Have we got reasons to be seriously concerned,? to right we have.
Was expecting a manager with a degree of expertise in managing and coaching and some of the names like this Australian guy hardly fills me with any confidence whatsoever.

Valid point. I also think that emphasis on European success is vastly overrated, and the first priority, as it's always been, is success in Scotland.

Looks like we're just going to have to agree to disagree here.
I'm not demanding any European sucees as we are well short still of delivering such.
We will however be in European competition and still only at best, a europa league quality team.
This only highlights the standard of players required to be able to go to the next level.
Not got any expectations upon European competition next season as it will be a good benchmark for where we really are in Europe and how much improvement will be needed for the following season.
The league remains the priority next season but surely we should be expecting the board to be having a 3 year plan in place of what they hope to achieve instead of a shot in the dark and hope to hit the bullseye

Love the nuance.
Nuance is unnecessary where the Celtic board are concerned. The board contains leading members and supporters of the Conservative Party so their ethos couldn't be further from that of Celtic FC and its fans. Their ethos is typically Tory; do it on the cheap, maximise personal profit and fuck the 'plebs'. We, the fans are 'plebs' are far as they are concerned.

You know troops sometimes you have to a step back. We as fans always say we are Celtic the best team in the world. But realistically managers will not look at us as such. To them we are just another club. You know and I know we are the greatest club in the world.But Inthe real world were not. So I would lower our website xpectainions on a new manager ,but to reiterate we are Celtic we love our club and we would go to the ends of hell for it. It's just others don't see that way. Well fuck them I love my club and it means everything to me. We are Celtic faithful through and through.We want a manager who wants to be here.Ill end with this do not despair I love all you bhoys and girls because we are Celtic. Yours in Celtic YNWA. ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Only 1 man who will get me excited now "THE KING OF KINGS HENRIK LARSSON"

:rolleyes: jeezo the night shift gettin hot under the collar for the aussie/greek version of pedro Caixinha'

funny how a post claiming he'll be the next manager gets so many to fall in line and back him without seeing /hearing or even doing some digging ,,,,,,no wonder our board take us for granted ffs and you've a neck on you slaggin Kennedy when this guy would be worse

why the fk were being lined up to take on another purchase from the city group ,,,,,why is it the only place to go for Celtic we know Lawwells son works for them
if this is our plan b then sorry but were being royally fkd by every board member

good luck to the cheerleaders

Last edited by a moderator:

OK he does not have the golden touch. Agreed. Who Does? Why the visceral hatred? It's just misplaced anxiety and an assumption that we are opting for second rate. As a manager he has more skill than Kennedy or Keane.
Hi fis yes we are anxious, we stand here as supporters knowing that we are on the brink of absolute disaster, we have had the season from hell, the whole club seems rudderless, we look like we are about to appoint a new mgr who has it seems no experience in European football. Now I have no idea if his ability to get Australia to a couple of world cups, can be translated into making Celtic successful, but from my perspective it seems that the board have lost all semblance of being a forward thinking group, to now being a collective of blindfolded idiots with no purpose other than riding the gravy train. We the supporters invest both our cash and emotions into the club, myself for more than 60 years I have been proud to be a Celtic supporter. We need change at the top before the club implodes. HH

Hi fis yes we are anxious, we stand here as supporters knowing that we are on the brink of absolute disaster, we have had the season from hell, the whole club seems rudderless, we look like we are about to appoint a new mgr who has it seems no experience in European football. Now I have no idea if his ability to get Australia to a couple of world cups, can be translated into making Celtic successful, but from my perspective it seems that the board have lost all semblance of being a forward thinking group, to now being a collective of blindfolded idiots with no purpose other than riding the gravy train. We the supporters invest both our cash and emotions into the club, myself for more than 60 years I have been proud to be a Celtic supporter. We need change at the top before the club implodes. HH
Getting Australia to a couple of world cups is no mean feat tbf especially now they are in the asian zone and have to compete with the best Asian sides. I admit I've never heard of him but I hadnt heard of Wim either. Respectfully i disagree that we are rudderless and without direction. I get the feeling that Celtic ( McKay) has pulled the plug on Howe and his excessive demands and rightly so. Perhaps appointing a manager with knowledge of the Asian game isnt a bad idea post Brexit.

Members online

Latest posts

Back