If not Lenny then who?

BILLCOWIE1958

Simple question here

For those of us who seem to be dead set against Lenny becoming our next manager then who do you feel that we should go for
Realistically taking into account availability desire to join Celtic experience finances and fan acceptance?

There are thousands of candidates out there There MUST be someone who ticks all the relevant boxes

Let's hear your suggestions

I'm sure it will make very interesting reading and no doubt a healthy debate

HH?

I'll state my position as being an advocate for Lenny. I'd like to see him trim the squad and get a decent budget to bring in some quality. I'd also like to think he would be given a say in setting up his own support staff and scouting network.

If the scenario is that Lenny's just minding the shop, then the prospective candidate is going to have to be the right fit for the job with a fairly comprehensive book of contacts and at least some experience of working with a big club.

I'm thinking down the lines of Frank Rijkaard or Marco Van Basten. Both accomplished, international class coaches with that stubborn Dutch streak which means they won't take any shite.

I’ll say straight off that I am no expert on football management I leave that to those that know more about the subject. I do love Lenny and I’ve always thought that a Celtic man would be the best bet. Someone who knows the history the ethos behind it and was himself a supporter. After Brendongate I may be wrong of course. Would Larsson not be a possibility or Owen Coyle he’s a Celtic fan. And now I’ve proved I know nothing about it folks.HH

Any new manager will also look at the league set up, the opposition and the dire park the bus mentality of teams and plastic pitchs

Throw in shite Refs, biased media ,an sfa not fit for purpose
Scotland has a lot offer

I just don't see any top name manager wanting to come here unless like the snake they want a leg back up into football again

All we have to offer really is champions league football ,you look at the rest of the package and it's pish

What if we appoint a guy who dosen't see any importance in 9 or ten titles ?

I’ll say straight off that I am no expert on football management I leave that to those that know more about the subject. I do love Lenny and I’ve always thought that a Celtic man would be the best bet. Someone who knows the history the ethos behind it and was himself a supporter. After Brendongate I may be wrong of course. Would Larsson not be a possibility or Owen Coyle he’s a Celtic fan. And now I’ve proved I know nothing about it folks.HH
Coyle a defo no ,

henk doesn't have the tools for the job

I am clearly on record for Benitez.
If Lennon was going to get the job he would, frankly should, have stamped his style on the current squad. This he has not done. Or if he has it's dreadful.
I'm sorry but he has done nothing to show me he can do it. In fact, look into your soul here, I just want this over the line, now or sooner!
I am Celtic all my life and I fear where we are.
Get it done Celtic
HH

I am clearly on record for Benitez.
If Lennon was going to get the job he would, frankly should, have stamped his style on the current squad. This he has not done. Or if he has it's dreadful.
I'm sorry but he has done nothing to show me he can do it. In fact, look into your soul here, I just want this over the line, now or sooner!
I am Celtic all my life and I fear where we are.
Get it done Celtic
HH
Yes it is dire ☹️

I think it will be Lenny all day long unless of course we don’t do the treble. I think the main worry is will whoever get the job he backed. Because the best manager in the world cannot achieve anything if he isn’t given resources.

If the manager is backed then we have a chance to move up a notch. Anyone coming in would want guaranteed backing. My fear with Lenny is that he wouldn’t make those demands and would be happy with whatever was made available.

My money is all on Lenny getting the job. Wether that will be the answer remains to be seen. The form of the team since he came in has been poor. He needs to sort that. And the sorting needs to happen next week.

I think it will be Lenny all day long unless of course we don’t do the treble. I think the main worry is will whoever get the job he backed. Because the best manager in the world cannot achieve anything if he isn’t given resources.

If the manager is backed then we have a chance to move up a notch. Anyone coming in would want guaranteed backing. My fear with Lenny is that he wouldn’t make those demands and would be happy with whatever was made available.

My money is all on Lenny getting the job. Wether that will be the answer remains to be seen. The form of the team since he came in has been poor. He needs to sort that. And the sorting needs to happen next week.
Why has it not happened already??
HH

The only criteria is quality.

If we pay the same salary Rodgers got then managers will be queuing up, because outwith the EPL, and some other big names dotted around he was one of the best paid in Europe.

The manager should be the best paid person at the club, he has the most responsibility, and should dictate everything that goes on. Unless we go for Head Coach/DOF.

If Lawwell can pick up 40k per week then for me there can be absolutely no excuses.

We’re also in a good position where we can gut the squad with top earners like Lustig out of contract.

Lennon has good points but he’s also no-where near progressive enough.

The first thing Deila said was that the team was unfit, and not living like athletes.

2 years later Rodgers said the team still wasn’t fit enough and made more improvements.

Neil Lennon said a few weeks ago that he hadn’t even come across some of the new ideas, which is pretty terrifying because anyone worth their salt should be on top of everything new that’s happening, even if they can’t implement it at that time/at that specific club.

Even the Hibs players are saying their new manager is much more thorough.

Dermot Desmond has to take control again, - it was Lawwell that gave us Mowbray and Ronny Deila.

We should be looking at the best available in Leagues like Germany, Italy, Spain etc, obviously outwith the very elite.

Whoever it is I’d like to see forward passing football at all times. Too much time is being wasted with back and side to side passes . I feel we are playing a dangerous game by playing pass the ball from keeper to defenders and so forth ... get the ball forward at every opportunity & I hate saying this but for me N’cham is a man down every game he plays in

Members online

No members online now.

Back