If we can keep KT what about a back 3?

26+6=1

KT's injury might be our best hope to keep him as Arsenal appear to be unwilling to commit to a transfer fee that isn't contingent on a load of clauses like CL qualification etc, Hopefully the board can wait them out and we have KT for another season at least.
KT has already played CB and Ajer is showing his abilities on the right so could we see games where Jullien plays in the middle with the other lads either side of him? We will see a lot of games with 11 opponents behind the ball domestically so an extra attacking player would be advantageous. Both KT and KA are capable of pircing forward runs and KT's passing ability is excellent. I'd like to see him distributing from deeper with more time on the ball. We will need to score a lot of goals this year and draws could well prove costly. Every point taken from Celtic will be celebrated as a win by opponents and officials alike.

As long as the experimental position changes are worked on and proved positive on the training ground first. Hate it when new things are tried with a keep your fingers crossed attitude.
That is the problem we have though. So many games that we are usually playing twice a week for most weeks up to the winter break. What with internationals, travelling to and from abroad and rest days, we actually don't get a lot of time to spend on the trsining ground during the season.

Our domestic opponents usually get a whole week to prepare for us and we will get 1 day, so trying radicsl new formations and tactics before matches isn't easy for us.

I like your thinking about novel tactics. I think a lot about that. We can only have one goalkeeper but any combination of outfield positions. In 1967 it was 2-3-5. Then it has been 4-4-2, and 4-3-3 and lots of other variations. Sometimes we might not need full backs and could deploy a 1-3-3-2-1. A sweeper able to cover either flank, a central defensive three, a midfield three who can attack when in possession and drop back when not, two wingers and a forward.

KT's injury might be our best hope to keep him as Arsenal appear to be unwilling to commit to a transfer fee that isn't contingent on a load of clauses like CL qualification etc, Hopefully the board can wait them out and we have KT for another season at least.
KT has already played CB and Ajer is showing his abilities on the right so could we see games where Jullien plays in the middle with the other lads either side of him? We will see a lot of games with 11 opponents behind the ball domestically so an extra attacking player would be advantageous. Both KT and KA are capable of pircing forward runs and KT's passing ability is excellent. I'd like to see him distributing from deeper with more time on the ball. We will need to score a lot of goals this year and draws could well prove costly. Every point taken from Celtic will be celebrated as a win by opponents and officials alike.
Would love KT to stay one more year ,he needs to get back playing and at full strength!after his surgery ,he needs rehab at a club who understands him,us,! One more year here then go with our blessing ,hh

KT's injuries aside if Arsenal refuse to pay or can't pay our valuation in an acceptable manner then tell them to fuck off

I'm pretty sure KT wouldn't spit the dummy out unlike some of our so called or self believed superstars both past and present

Seldom do players with the dedication and loyalty of Teirney come along
Let's not be too eager or short sighted to let him go too soon
Instead nurture and embrace him He'll make the Club a fortune when he eventually does leave When we qualify for CL Group Stages we need all the experience and ability we can get
And we're not scratching ourselves for the transfer money although I'm not sure how another £25 mill in the bank might affect PL's upcoming bonus

Let's do the right thing for both the Club and the Bhoy himsdlf
Arsenal are the WRONG club for him and once Broony hangs up his boots he'll make a perfect Captain

HH?

KT's injuries aside if Arsenal refuse to pay or can't pay our valuation in an acceptable manner then tell them to fuck off

I'm pretty sure KT wouldn't spit the dummy out unlike some of our so called or self believed superstars both past and present

Seldom do players with the dedication and loyalty of Teirney come along
Let's not be too eager or short sighted to let him go too soon
Instead nurture and embrace him He'll make the Club a fortune when he eventually does leave When we qualify for CL Group Stages we need all the experience and ability we can get
And we're not scratch g ourselves for the transfer money although I'm not sure how another £25 mill in the bank might affect PL's upcoming bonus

Let's do the right thing for both the Club and the Bhoy himsdlf
Arsenal are the WRONG club for him and once Broony hangs up his boots he'll make a perfect Captain

HH?
Agree B 100%,

Back