If you go down to The Noise today, you're sure of a big surprise...........

I took time away cause there was no football on and all the shite about the queen was annoying....but....the reason, I believe, some of our regular posters left, hopefully just for a while, wasn't because they were offended. It was because the Lizzy lovers didn't like the arguments and the "dark humour" about her maj or the royals so went crying to WC....who removed the thread.
The amount of shite and abuse that's been on this forum...that we have managed to sort out as a group without WC intervening all went out the window cause the lizzy lovers couldn't handle it.
WC having to delete a shitty thread, that actually wasn't that bad, due to the over sensitive "she was somebodies granny" mob is what I believe drove some folk away.....IMO šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
WC didn't actually delete the thread but because of the threats by email to Ally who reported it to the polis, the thread could have been used in a criminal investigation so he stopped any further comments on it.

The same topic was carried on using other threads which WC didn't delete either which proves that you can't inhibit free speech or censor what others post.

The folk who found some of the threads to be offensive posted how offended they were on the same threads thereby keeping the thread alive.

If some threads are not to my taste or interest then I make no comment at all and I don't feel offended just because someone has a different view from mine.

Debate is fine but when it descends into name calling arguments then it is actually time for folk to take a step back and reassess their understanding of social media.

Neither is it up to anyone on the forum to 'police' the topics and tell us what we can and can't discuss. No one is the voice of the Noise but WC has the final say and I think he has played a blinder by not censoring anything.

Those who accused others of being snowflakes turned out to be snowflakes themselves, who'da thunk it?

I wouldn't say it was dead Bb: I would, however, say WE'VE ALL lost something that was close to being unique in terms of social media.
I still consider myself to be something of a rookie Noiser. I stumbled across you good folk by accident, and so,decided to give it a go. Thing was, I'd actually joined some considerable time before. Just completely forgot all about it. This was just after the passing of MD.
Only my thoughts, but the thing we've perhaps lost, is the sense that we were a community which shared an unbreakable bond due to our almost unconditional love for Celtic Football Club.
That bond may be gone now. We've allowed ourselves to use The Noise as a tool for furthering our own opinions, and sadly, sometimes our prejudices. I'm actually not too upset with that, but only if we allow others the same scope.
It's not so much that we sometimes have different opinions that can cause our community to have the odd period of disruption. No, it's the manner in which we post those opinions. Whether posting a reply; or stating our own thoughts, words matter.
Hey Frank..........

All we need here is someone to pull us into rank and set us into our natural order.

'Tis true.....since Oor Michael passed wie by, there's been a lack o' cohesion and union; therefore - I nominate you to be the elder statesman and lead us all to the promised land.

From personal experience, I know you have the 'right stuff'. So get yirsel' a crate o' Stella and lead the way, D (gentleman, scholar and king o' the knowledge)

Hey Frank..........

All we need here is someone to pull us into rank and set us into our natural order.

'Tis true.....since Oor Michael passed wie by, there's been a lack o' cohesion and union; therefore - I nominate you to be the elder statesman and lead us all to the promised land.

From personal experience, I know you have the 'right stuff'. So get yirsel' a crate o' Stella and lead the way, D (gentleman, scholar and king o' the knowledge)
I was going to nominate you SP to sit and guard the door all night with a crate of Stella and a bottle of Chardonnay but I know you don't like a drink. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Hey Frank..........

Can only assume ye'v over imbibed in said Stella, SP. Am as thick as two feckin' planks.....ye'v also given me a riddy ! Anyway, where have you been?

Just a wee pointer MD was no saint if there were lurkers he gave them more than the wee souls could handle. He had quite a few run ins with Noise members when they stepped out of line.
And yes we disagree sometimes we get personal. Thatā€™s where it should stop
But as Shammy has repeatedly pointed out if thereā€™s a topic you donā€™t like. Move to one you do itā€™s really that simple.
WC has ran this Forum brilliantly imo
And no the General Thread is a great thread
It should stay it helps Noisers when the worst things that can happen to anyone actually HAPPENS.
And I like the fact that anything can go on there.
So join in or Ignore itā€™s your choice and mine.
Mon the Noise

HH šŸ‘

It was because the Lizzy lovers didn't like the arguments and the "dark humour" about her maj or the royals so went crying to WC....who removed the thread.
The amount of shite and abuse that's been on this forum...that we have managed to sort out as a group without WC intervening all went out the window cause the lizzy lovers couldn't handle it.
Dark humour? Crying to WC? Is that what you call a death threat made to one of the posters and his family, the thread was pulled as part of a police investigation with other members calling the person that was threatened a ā€œgrassā€ for trying to keep his family safe and aliveā€¦ā€¦ and people wonder why folk left šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Dark humour? Crying to WC? Is that what you call a death threat made to one of the posters and his family, the thread was pulled as part of a police investigation with other members calling the person that was threatened a ā€œgrassā€ for trying to keep his family safe and aliveā€¦ā€¦ and people wonder why folk left šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Have no idea what you're talking about. Completely missed that part.

And I didn't cause anyone to leave šŸ‘šŸ‘

Good morning playmates
What's the craic ?
Life is too short to be bothered by anyone's 'opinion' especially as we are all adults
It makes no difference to me, as a long time contributing member of the noise, as to who stays, who goes, but there are several options available to us, when the excrement hits the proverbial fan
The Deadner reminds me a bit of Michael, and cuts to the chase, and is usually spot on
There's some on here I'd go for a coffee and enjoy the banter, there's some I wouldn't give a lick of my shite (now, there's a visual for you)
It's the interweb and gives people a platform for their views, and as in life, sometimes it spirals downwards and people get 'heated' and throw the toys out of the pram
None of us are perfect, yes, not even yours truly :rolleyes: but you choose your hill to die on, and fight your corner
Even the ones who attempt to continue the 'debates' will never change the other 'combatants' point of view, so may your week be a good one and may the Celtic continue to be successful, after all, that's why I joined in the first place, to hear Celtic supporters views, and get to know the individual a little better, as it's a Community
Enough of my guff
I wish you ALL as happy and pleasant week
I remain, yours truly
DILLIGAF
YNWA

Aye you got that bit right mateā€¦.youā€™ve no idea šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Perhaps youā€™d like to apologise to the people ā€œcryingā€ about getting death threats and being called a grass for doing soā€¦ā€¦šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Probably no point, he hasnā€™t been oan for weeksā€¦ā€¦

Why would I apologise. I didnt send anyone death threats.

And I've got lots of ideas....mate šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

But I wouldn't risk sharing them on here. Don't want to offend anyone

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back