If you were Celtic coach for a day...

Imatim

What would you highlight we are currently doing wrong or could do better as a team and individually.....tactically and otherwise?

I've got a few but to start with one of our glaring weaknesses imo is the number of balls that are being whipped in between the goalkeeper and the 6 yard box and we don't have anyone anticipating this.

I know this can be coached and Eddie is the prime example as he tends to be on his heels and watching things rather than gambling a bit and anticipating things and getting himself in there. There's more than Eddie guilty of this.

Another one is wide players receiving the ball with their back to goal instead of being side on which allows them to be too easily marked with nowhere to go.

Anyone else?

What would you highlight we are currently doing wrong or could do better as a team and individually.....tactically and otherwise?

I've got a few but to start with one of our glaring weaknesses imo is the number of balls that are being whipped in between the goalkeeper and the 6 yard box and we don't have anyone anticipating this.

I know this can be coached and Eddie is the prime example as he tends to be on his heels and watching things rather than gambling a bit and anticipating things and getting himself in there. There's more than Eddie guilty of this.

Another one is wide players receiving the ball with their back to goal instead of being side on which allows them to be too easily marked with nowhere to go.

Anyone else?

In response to your question I don't consider it part of the Team Coaches remit to get involved in team tactics

The Team Coach should be their to transfer the Team and Officials to matches in comfort and safety and make life as easy as possible for the driver HH?

Last edited:
In response to your question I don't consider it part of the Team Coaches remit to get involved in team tactics

The Team Coach should be their to transfer the Team and Officials to matches in comfort and safety and make life as easy as possible for the driver HH?

You are talking about Parks of Hamilton's coach here.

I think it's best to give that particular topic a body swerve (y)

Anyone else?
I would show Mr Sinclair videos of his first year at Celtic, repeatedly until he got the message.
"Play like that or fuc k off sunshine" In the nicest way possible of course. This course of action may also work other squad members.

Throw inns, ie throw them to someone with the same colour strip as yourself, and teach the receiving player how to keep the ball in play once its thrown at him.

Corners, and practice practice practice, penalties ????.

But more importantly, my bugbear is a player passing the ball then not moving into space to receive it, something just about every one of our midfield are guilty of from time to time.

Apart fae that, Kick outs ah forget it I dont have enough time its a 3 o'clock kick off today. ???

Throw inns, ie throw them to someone with the same colour strip as yourself, and teach the receiving player how to keep the ball in play once its thrown at him.

Corners, and practice practice practice, penalties ????.

But more importantly, my bugbear is a player passing the ball then not moving into space to receive it, something just about every one of our midfield are guilty of from time to time.

Apart fae that, Kick outs ah forget it I dont have enough time its a 3 o'clock kick off today. ???
Who the hell scheduled a game o fitbaw for three on a Saturday ffs. It's gettin ridiculous noo.

God sake Bill your on the wrong thread of you want to talk about busses!!!! Very hot topic on the match thread ???

Members online

Latest posts

Back