IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

Sorry to ask this question but was he ill for a while or was this very sudden? I would hate to think that he has been suffering in silence whilst keeping us all sane through the somewhat dark times particularly of the last year with his selfless positivity, knowledge and sharp wit....again, sorry if my question is inappropriate 😥

Sorry to ask this question but was he ill for a while or was this very sudden? I would hate to think that he has been suffering in silence whilst keeping us all sane through the somewhat dark times particularly of the last year with his selfless positivity, knowledge and sharp wit....again, sorry if my question is inappropriate 😥
Michael hasn't been in good health for quite some time after having an embolism, heart attack and have stents put in. He hasn't complained of anything in particular recently so it does seem a bit sudden. His sister sent me a PM last night but I thought it was too intrusive to ask his cause of death. I think he always knew he wouldn't make old bones, for all his joking about age, he was only in his late 60s and these days that's not old at all.

I know we can all be difficult and awkward at times (some more than others 😬) but it's at times like this you realise how similar we all are and that our time on this planet is a very short one indeed...make the most of it folks and try to remember that it's not always about you and be thankful for what you have and you don't always know what's going on in the real life behind someone else's keyboard🙏

Last edited:
Guys it's with a heavy heart i have to start this thread. A giant in our family has gone but will never be forgotten. His heart like ours belongs to Celtic and with this in mind i hope you can find it in your hearts to donate to a memorial on Celtic Way on his behalf. I'll find out costs hopefully tomorrow but regardless of costs i know we will make it happen.
If anyone is not in a situation to contribute don't worry.
If we raise in excess of the cost involved the remainder will be given to the Celtic foundation on his behalf.
I hope we can all contribute £5.
I'll use one of my accounts to facilitate this and hope i have your trust to do so. I shall provide reciepts when it's done on this thread.
Acc name: S. Watson
Sort code: 80 45 40
Acc No. : 11953460.
Many thanks guys🍀
Stevie I think this is a great idea a very good tribute to the godfather of the noise. Now I'm of the old school when I need money I go to an atmosphere or the bank.I have never done phone banking. If I phone my bank tomorrow and give them your sort code and account number will they be able to sort that out for me.

Back