IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

I read the news today, oh boy (thanks for the email, DILLIGAF).

Absolutely gutted. Michael's "night shift" was the "day shift" here in the U.S., and I often loved translating CNN for him, as he had a great interest in American history and politics; to say nothing of his artesian depth of knowledge of -- and love for -- Celtic that we all know from his presence here.

Michael Duffy, you'll never walk alone. Requiescat in pace, comrade.

MD.png

We got to share many victories recently what a time to have witnessed your love of Celtic and what a way to have swept away the bad times. A historic 2x9 InA Row and a quadruple treble and invincible, we seen a lot MD, Tweet Tweet and here's to the memories and the hunslaying lurker nights on the Celtic blogs together and the stories. Miss you Auld Pal.

Jeezo, that's a sore one, what a guy, a totally unique character, not only on here, but in life in general, this man's gonna be sorely missed. Puts a terrible season into perspective, the club have lost a great supporter, we have lost a friend, and saddest of all, the loss his family must be feeling. RIP Mr Duffy. 💚🍀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪😢

Absolutely dreadful news.
I'm so sorry. I didn't know Michael but felt a real affinity with him in our respective posts comments and general nonsense on the Noise.
Dilligaf if you could please pass on my condolences to his sister and family.
The Noise has lost one of its own.
Hail Hail Michael. RIP.

I got to know and become friends with oor Michael from his first ever post on the Celtic Blog. Because he was confined to barracks, a relative got him a laptop, showed him how to use it and directed him to sites that he might enjoy. At first he was a bit slow at the typing as he was a one-fingered typist and that finger was sometimes tipsy.

The Celtic forums gave him a new lease of life and he especially enjoyed doling out a hunskelping on the CBlog but he came into his own here on the Noise where he regaled us with his wit, his wisdom and most of all his love for Celtic and the Celtic Family on here.

In private conversations with him, he has always been an absolute gentleman, a very supportive friend and a great ally when I was being trolled.

We know many stories about his past, some more colourful than others, and can be happy that he lived life just as he wanted and if there's a Heaven................oor Michael will be playing the rebs right now.

R.I.P. Michael Duffy. You are loved beyond measure.

YNWA

I got to know and become friends with oor Michael from his first ever post on the Celtic Blog. Because he was confined to barracks, a relative got him a laptop, showed him how to use it and directed him to sites that he might enjoy. At first he was a bit slow at the typing as he was a one-fingered typist and that finger was sometimes tipsy.

The Celtic forums gave him a new lease of life and he especially enjoyed doling out a hunskelping on the CBlog but he came into his own here on the Noise where he regaled us with his wit, his wisdom and most of all his love for Celtic and the Celtic Family on here.

In private conversations with him, he has always been an absolute gentleman, a very supportive friend and a great ally when I was being trolled.

We know many stories about his past, some more colourful than others, and can be happy that he lived life just as he wanted and if there's a Heaven................oor Michael will be playing the rebs right now.

YNWA

I'm gone now 😪😪😪 beautiful words shammy.

Ahhh no feel like iv lost one of my own family. Such a decent funny and knowledgeable man.anytime I was half canned I'd turn to micheal and ask him could he put a song on the noise for me he would have the song on in 2 minates and I'd get up for work at 4.30 am have a cup of tea and check out the noise before heading out and you'd bet your bottom dollar micheal would be posting away always gave me a good start to the day.we have lost a great today I'm sorry to say.rest in peace micheal YNWA say hi to jinky and tommy.

Aw, terrible news, gutted, never met him, but seemed a decent bloke, this place isn’t gonna be the same, perhaps winning captains or someone could start a donation page for a wreath from all of us on here, dilligaf, can you ask his sister for the log in details for his funeral once it’s all finalised, I’m sure there a lot of us would like to pay our respects...
God bless you Michael
YNWA🍀💚🙏

YNWA
That's really nice Shammy. That's what I wanted to say but didna have the words.
Michael Duffy you are a legend on the Noise and you can be our spiritual leader now. Hail Hail the Stella King

Michael loved a song, the, songs of love and hope and freedom thread was his favourite, always posted 2-3 songs every night, this one’s dedicated to him....

Goodbye My Old Friend​

Goodbye my old friend.
You're troubles are now over.
Rest your weary bones.
There's nothing left to do.
Farewell my old companion.
You will be remembered.
And as you leave this world,
I thought the world of you.

All that was in your heart.
You carried on your shoulders.
The mark of you're old hands,
Is embedded in the past.
Let go off it all.
No more tears or laughter.
You're ready for the road.
That takes you home at last.

Goodbye my old friend.
Don't be afraid i'm with you.
Ill guide you to the light.
Your rest is spirit free.
And carting home such pain,
There may be no tomorrow.
The dreams inside your heart
Will all come true for me

Goodbye my old friend.
I have to let you go now.
You were the gentle breeze,
That lied upon my way.
I know you wont be far.
You're that angel on my shoulder.
So goodbye my old friend.
We'll meet again someday.
Goodbye my old friend.

Just home opened up the noise on ma phone to see the devastating news
In tears for a Man a Giant of a man someone I never met but would have loved to meet. He Showed me a kindness by giving me a boax which at the time caused
Much fun and laughter. Especially between myself and Lubo. And Steviebhoy and His sidekick Hoopy.
Then he shows just how big Hearted he was with the Gift to Dill and his Grand daughter.
I Always called him The Angel MD.
I know he’s at Peace. But Gods got a live wire on his hands now.
RIP MD Thank you for your kindness, Heart
Wit and Widom you were the Faither of the Noise.
and Finally Love and Respects to your Family at this Time your in my Thoughts and Prayers.
YNWA Michael Duffy Thank you Always 🙏

HH 😭

Michael loved a song, the, songs of love and hope and freedom thread was his favourite, always posted 2-3 songs every night, this one’s dedicated to him....

Goodbye My Old Friend​

Goodbye my old friend.
You're troubles are now over.
Rest your weary bones.
There's nothing left to do.
Farewell my old companion.
You will be remembered.
And as you leave this world,
I thought the world of you.

All that was in your heart.
You carried on your shoulders.
The mark of you're old hands,
Is embedded in the past.
Let go off it all.
No more tears or laughter.
You're ready for the road.
That takes you home at last.

Goodbye my old friend.
Don't be afraid i'm with you.
Ill guide you to the light.
Your rest is spirit free.
And carting home such pain,
There may be no tomorrow.
The dreams inside your heart
Will all come true for me

Goodbye my old friend.
I have to let you go now.
You were the gentle breeze,
That lied upon my way.
I know you wont be far.
You're that angel on my shoulder.
So goodbye my old friend.
Goodbye my old friend.
That just captured the feeling bb perfectly it's such a lovely song.I'm sure micheal would have loved it.

Back