IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

Guys it's with a heavy heart i have to start this thread. A giant in our family has gone but will never be forgotten. His heart like ours belongs to Celtic and with this in mind i hope you can find it in your hearts to donate to a memorial on Celtic Way on his behalf. I'll find out costs hopefully tomorrow but regardless of costs i know we will make it happen.
If anyone is not in a situation to contribute don't worry.
If we raise in excess of the cost involved the remainder will be given to the Celtic foundation on his behalf.
I hope we can all contribute £5.
I'll use one of my accounts to facilitate this and hope i have your trust to do so. I shall provide reciepts when it's done on this thread.
Acc name: S. Watson
Sort code: 80 45 40
Acc No. : 11953460.
Many thanks guys🍀
Done stevie that's my wee bit in for charity glad u thought of this cause he was legendary on here will be missed

Logging on and seeing this......disbelief and shock doesn't even begin to cover it.

Struggling to find the words right now tbh. My fourth attempt at writing this now but nothing I could write would do MD justice, thankfully the outpouring of love and concern for him, the genuine sense of loss felt and the beautiful tributes to the LEGEND that was Michael Duffy on this thread has went a long way to doing just that.

Been chatting, having a laugh and winding up huns with MD (and a few others on here) for many many years now, got to know him during our mad days on the Celtic Blog and even though we never got to meet in person I considered him a genuine friend. His love for all things Celtic, his humour, his stories, his genuineness as a person and his kindness will be so sorely missed......most of all by his family but also by all of us who had the pleasure of getting to know him over the years.

A true gent of a man who managed to earn the affections of so many people even though they never actually got to meet him in person, that speaks volumes about the type of person he was! So from one Posso (;)) bhoy to another......Rest in peace my friend and may the Stella be plentiful when yer watching the Tic from upstairs! 🍻

View attachment 12988
I wondered why we hadn't heard from you Andy. It's gutting for us all.

Members online

Latest posts

Back