IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

Another tune for MD, theres not many left on tonight and it's late so here's to the the loss of the nightshift supervisor.
He would have seen some shit over the years when the UK based amongst us were wired and were still on at this time.
There was an unarguable scientific fact seperating many of us from MD and that was age
but in reality it was likely the only plausible difference apart from the beer label

old man, take a look at my life, i'm a lot like you were

this nightshift must've been hard work all those years, it's slow, im requesting a transfer back to days
in fairness i shouldn't have tried pished
i'm clocking off, nite all 3 of you fellow noisers
i trawled through the tunes thread and md's posts to give him the last say tonight in my own wee world and found this song

Mrs RB was in tears when I showed her the photos of Dillz granddaughter with the Celtic "uniform" MD had sent her.
Mine's too Ritchie, we were dreading the sad news when Michael had been taken to Hospital and when we heard that Michael had passed over, she became upset and wept for a man she had never met. A mere mortal and now a legend.HH to you Michael. YNWA.

Logging on and seeing this......disbelief and shock doesn't even begin to cover it.

Struggling to find the words right now tbh. My fourth attempt at writing this now but nothing I could write would do MD justice, thankfully the outpouring of love and concern for him, the genuine sense of loss felt and the beautiful tributes to the LEGEND that was Michael Duffy on this thread has went a long way to doing just that.

Been chatting, having a laugh and winding up huns with MD (and a few others on here) for many many years now, got to know him during our mad days on the Celtic Blog and even though we never got to meet in person I considered him a genuine friend. His love for all things Celtic, his humour, his stories, his genuineness as a person and his kindness will be so sorely missed......most of all by his family but also by all of us who had the pleasure of getting to know him over the years.

A true gent of a man who managed to earn the affections of so many people even though they never actually got to meet him in person, that speaks volumes about the type of person he was! So from one Posso (;)) bhoy to another......Rest in peace my friend and may the Stella be plentiful when yer watching the Tic from upstairs! 🍻

View attachment 12988
Shadow mate
You were there for Michael and me, when the infiltrators were giving us flack
There were more than a few, Boab 1916, for one, Larry, our California Bhoy, for another, who had our backs, when they started getting personal, and at times, it was over the top
Believe me, MD and I, appreciated it from all of you
This site, has a way of bringing us all together, and that bond won't be broken
So, to all the HUN lurkers who come in and try to wind us up
Michael and I, and a few others of our era, were in Baghdad, when you were in Dad's bag
On behalf of my mate Michael
GIRFUY
We will Never Walk Alone
We are the Celtic Noise
HH
He was a man of integrity, and principle, and the fire still burned, but age had caught up with us

Last edited:
P

wear it with Pride, little Miss L. Michael would be Chuffed to bits. HH to you Grandad.
And there I go again
Best to You and Yours Saul
My daughter and son in law were so touched by Michael's gesture, and Liliana loves her 'uniform' she will most assuredly, wear it with Pride

Our family already feels the love for her, from all her 'aunty's and uncles' on here
She will Never Walk Alone

Just when you think you have no more tears
HH

Agreed Stevie
Michael and I had a similar taste in music and thought process ;-)
Motorhead are only second, to the Rolling Stones in my book
Old skool rules
HH
Great taste Dill saw the stones in the Usher hall in Edinburgh.£4 for the tkt £2 for the return coach.A fish supper in Bathgate and the bus hame.With change out a £10.The Stones were magnificent remember it yet.My condolences about Michael he was magnificent too.HH.☘️

Cheers mate, saw them LIVE in 1980, won the tickets via a radio station
Seattle Kingdome, as it was known at that time $18
A three hour drive and across the border, got a speeding ticket, $100 US, but it was totally worth it
Would have loved, to have seen Michael play back in the day, by all accounts, he was an accomplished musican

I turned him onto the McGillicuddys, a local Celtic Punk band, he loved them
I know them from 'gigs' at Scottish events where I used to be a vendor
Brilliant band and class people

Stay safe pal
HH
YNWA

Guys I've just emailed Michaels sister Fiona.
I'm not the greatest with words but done my best. I think it fair i share the content with you wonderful people. I know for sure there's stuff i could have worded better but here we go🙁
Hi Fiona,
Firstly let me offer my sincere condolences.
My name is Stephen Watson. Better known as Steviebhoy on the Celtic Noise.
We are all absolutely devastated with the loss of Michael. He was to us the godfather on the forum. His wit and compassion to others was something else. His love for our club. The world truly lost a true gentleman.
We on the forum have been generating funds to remember him and the honour of sorting it has been given to myself to organise.
We are going to have a memorial stone placed on the Celtic Way to ensure he still has his place in Paradise. We are also getting a framed cerificate of this done which we wish to send to you.
The money raised so far is well above the cost required and it is also our wish that we send the extra cash raised to yourself as we're aware of the costs at this horrible time. It's yours to use as you see fit Fiona. Please accept it as a token of our love for Michael. He is irreplaceable.
To enable us to do this i need to ask you for your address to send the certificate and also your bank details to transfer funds raised. We're looking to do the transfer on Friday.
Please please accept this. It means a lot to us.
My heart like yours is breaking. Like all the wonderful people on the Noise.
Stay safe Fiona and i hope to hear from you soon.
YNWA.🍀

Get Outlook for Android
Thanks Stevie, great work you have done for Michael and the blog. Cheers.

H.H

Michael was a good pal to TET and he will miss his support badly just now while he's having a difficult time of his own. 😔
I dont bond very well.

I have a bad habit of rubbing most people up the wrong way, just by trying to explain things in a way that makes sense to me.

MD was one of the very few people in life that I truly got buzz interacting with.

I knew nothing about music, had my own wee nooks in music, mainly ELO

But since I chatted with MD way back on the Celtic Blog having the wars with the nasty zombie types and even some clandestine Huns pretending to be Celtic fans (probably media men trying to foment doubts promoting their msm propaganda.

But since I met MD I always knew he was a real guy and he introduced me to some truly hidden musical gems. Not malicious, usually very well tempered (albeit he enjoyed the intemperance movement with the beer :p)

Full of fun, full of ideas, full of good Celtic stories, good political stories, and open minded enough to meditate on new concepts as well as old ones misunderstood.

Well MD was one of the very few people in life that I trusted, really trusted. Enough to know my name.

I have been seriously ill, mind (mostly mind) but physically I nearly killed myself on a mad bender in Amsterdam ironically the time Celtic fans were getting whacked by Ajax hoodlums and I was in cuckoo land via a cafe and some uber strong dope. Was always a bit mentally weird but that tipped me over the edge, Floyd style.

Anyway for long time I was really ill, housebound, insane probably.

And I found the Celtic Blog

Met a few chat pals

And MD was one.

looked forward to our wee chats, his knowledge of music and I mean the depth of music he knew was immense.

I never met him. Im probably closer to health proper than ive been since Amsterdam riot police night.

My health has been helped mostly through MD and I never ever got chance to shake his hand and I doubt he even knew how much I loved him.

I dont bond very well.

I have a bad habit of rubbing most people up the wrong way, just by trying to explain things in a way that makes sense to me.

MD was one of the very few people in life that I truly got buzz interacting with.

But since I chatted with MD way back on the Celtic Blog having the wars with the nasty zombie types and even some clandestine Huns pretending to be Celtic fans (probably media men trying to foment doubts promoting their msm propaganda.

But since I met MD I always knew he was a real guy and he introduced me to some truly hidden musical gems. Not malicious, usually very well tempered (albeit he enjoyed the intemperance movement with the beer :p)

Full of fun, full of ideas, full of good Celtic stories, good political stories, and open minded enough to meditate on new concepts as well as old ones misunderstood.

Well MD was one of the very few people in life that I trusted, really trusted. Enough to know my name.

I have been seriously ill, mind (mostly mind) but physically I nearly killed myself on a mad bender in Amsterdam ironically the time Celtic fans were getting whacked by Ajax hoodlums and I was in cuckoo land via a cafe and some uber strong dope. Was always a bit mentally weird but that tipped me over the edge, Floyd style.

Met a few chat pals

And MD was one.

looked forward to our wee chats, his knowledge of music and I mean the depth of music he knew was immense.

I never met him. Im probably closer to health proper than ive been since Amsterdam riot police night.

My health has been helped mostly through MD and I never ever got chance to shake his hand and I doubt he even knew how much I loved him.

By far the best chapter from the "book of jobby" TET.

HH my friend 🍀🍀🍀

I dont bond very well.

Met a few chat pals

And MD was one.

TET. Those are wonderful sentiments and you - like so many others on here - were fortunate to have MD in your life, even if it was for far too short a time. I must admit that your particular style of debating can frustrate me at times and so I must unreservedly apologise to you as I have posted my annoyance at you a few times in the last month or two. I really value a lot of your insight into a lot aspects of the game and club that we discuss on here.

Although we do not always agree (and please remember that as mere fans we do not have to have detailed business plans for every suggestion we make) I should have remained civil to you and I feel guilty at my outbursts to you, so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.

I appreciate you and the old Celtic Blog posters are hurting even more than the rest of us, and you in particular. You are all in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Having said all of that, I still reserve the right to call you a "fud" in the future - just please don't take it personally. ;)

Take care.

TET. Those are wonderful sentiments and you - like so many others on here - were fortunate to have MD in your life, even if it was for far too short a time. I must admit that your particular style of debating can frustrate me at times and so I must unreservedly apologise to you as I have posted my annoyance at you a few times in the last month or two. I really value a lot of your insight into a lot aspects of the game and club that we discuss on here.

Although we do not always agree (and please remember that as mere fans we do not have to have detailed business plans for every suggestion we make) I should have remained civil to you and I feel guilty at my outbursts to you, so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.

I appreciate you and the old Celtic Blog posters are hurting even more than the rest of us, and you in particular. You are all in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Having said all of that, I still reserve the right to call you a "fud" in the future - just please don't take it personally. ;)

Take care.
not at all mate

You did nothing wrong I understand your frustrations, I actually want your vision to be right and mine to be insane.

But for some weird reason I rub people up the wrong way when I cant seem to communicate my ideas in short sentences.

Not you

Always been me buddy.

I am my own worst critic (in private of course :p) but when im agitated and that seems all the time these days and I try play devils advocate I sometimes forget im just playing the role and actually turn into him for real with vicious wounds

Not my intention

Back