IMMORTAL MICHAEL DUFFY

This thread is a year old today. Will be thinking of The Stella Man tonight/tmrw. Hard to believe a year has passed though.
Heres to you Michael Duffy๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
A year tomorrow since MD passed away. I have been thinking a lot about the auld fella over the last few days. I struggled when we lost him which is bizarre considering I had never even met the guy. But I felt like I knew him and their was a lot of love in his heart. Rest in peace, pal. ๐Ÿ’š

A year tomorrow since MD passed away. I have been thinking a lot about the auld fella over the last few days. I struggled when we lost him which is bizarre considering I had never even met the guy. But I felt like I knew him and their was a lot of love in his heart. Rest in peace, pal. ๐Ÿ’š

Have to say, a year ago tomorrow may quite possibly have marked the beginning of one of the worse years of my life. MDs passing hit me hard. Never met the man but probably the 1st time I've felt the emotion of real loss. In that time I've found out my dad is ill, I lost my nana on the 9th of December and exactly 1 month later I lost my other nana. I shall remember them all tomorrow and raise a wee glass....and hope for a better year to come. I raise a glass to you all.
๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

My God it seems like last week we lost our micheal. It's a credit to micheal that thiers so many heavy hearts on the noise. So let's always remember if you have a argument with someone on the noise throw it in the bin and forget about it because thiers more to the noise than a falling out thiers a family. How many of us felt like we'd just lost a family member when micheal past on I know I did and by reading the countless messages of good will to micheal and his family everyone else did as well.miss ya lots micheal duffy.

A lovely man, taken from us far too soon
I got this memory yesterday
The wee yin was well made up with her gift from uncle Michael, she was thrilled when she turned it round and shouted "Look Papa !! That's my name on the back !!!"
She will be brought up to know of the famous Glasgow Celtic, and of her uncle Michael, who had a huge heart shown, with such a magnanimous gesture to a wee girl he'd never met
Bless you Michael Duffy, you take good care of our Beau
From my family, with all my heart, we love you, my old mucker
YNWALilys gift from Michael .jpg

Hard to believe it's been a year. I'll always be grateful that Mick found this forum and the many decent people who frequent it, failing health in his later years and not getting out could have been torture for such a sociable man but this little corner of the Internet gave him his social life back even when he couldn't leave his flat. I'm pleased about that and in return he gave us all plenty to think about, great stories and plenty of laughs.
I raise my glass to a special man, always in my thoughts. ๐Ÿฅƒ

I came on board in the first week in Feb last year....but realised fairly quickly that Michael was a very special part of this forum ...and yet I feel as though I know him through the members ...of course I don't and I don't profess to do so. Thankyou everybody . ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘
It's not the same without him mate, still a great place but not the same place. I couldn't look back through this thread and read the comments from the time because I know it would upset me and I'm not exactly an emotional character! Shame you missed the chance to experience him first hand by just a few weeks, he would have floated your boat I have no doubt.

I came on board in the first week in Feb last year....but realised fairly quickly that Michael was a very special part of this forum ...and yet I feel as though I know him through the members ...of course I don't and I don't profess to do so. Thankyou everybody . ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘
Michael and I had a lot in common, same age, era etc
He knew some of the places in Greenock, as he worked down there a few times
He knew Larkfield and Branchton and he had a great sense of humour, as most of us knew
Some man, oor Michael
YNWA

Oor darling Michael on your year anniversary I want to pay tribute to you . You were and always will be father of the noise. Your generosity and support will never be questioned. You above all others made the noise what it is today. The banter you and us fellow noisers had will never be replaced. Rest in peace Michael I can say this truly from the bottom of my heart we all miss you and I give you a rosary and my prayers this evening.May perpetual light shine upon you for ever.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Always been more of the night owl than the early bird, yet during the night you never felt alone as you MD was always around.
Still miss him very much to this day and still never forget about him during the night shift either and all of this from someone I've never met, such was the effect the great MD could have upon you.
Always in my thoughts and never forgotten MD.
HH and YNWA

I've told the story already of stumbling across The Noise and thinking I might have a sneaky peak to find out a bit more about it. Thing is, I'd already signed up to it quite some time previously, but never contributed to the various topics . Completely forgot about it.
That is something I very much regret. The reason for my regret is that I didn't get to know Michael. However, much as I feel I've missed out big time, reading the posts of you good folk has gone some way to compensate for that. Just to know of Michael is a privilege in itself.
The Noise isn't just a forum, it's a community. It's a band of brothers...and sisters. Michael was, and is, very much a foundation stone of our community. Just so long as The Noise flourishes, so the great man's memory will live in our hearts.YNWA Michael.

I've told the story already of stumbling across The Noise and thinking I might have a sneaky peak to find out a bit more about it. Thing is, I'd already signed up to it quite some time previously, but never contributed to the various topics . Completely forgot about it.
That is something I very much regret. The reason for my regret is that I didn't get to know Michael. However, much as I feel I've missed out big time, reading the posts of you good folk has gone some way to compensate for that. Just to know of Michael is a privilege in itself.
The Noise isn't just a forum, it's a community. It's a band of brothers...and sisters. Michael was, and is, very much a foundation stone of our community. Just so long as The Noise flourishes, so the great man's memory will live in our hearts.YNWA Michael.
Spot on Frank
HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back