In defence of Lennon. Our regression is down to Lawwell

Pundit Alan McInally said he knew he was going or had held talks to go Leicester long before the january window long before

Darren fletcher confirmed that everyone knew he was going to Leicester

others have said the same

Demble called him out and was made to look like he was the one in the wrong

Boyata has yet to tell his tale but i would guess it would be somewhere along the lines of what Demble had said

His signing targets were laughable and i have no love for the board ,but it was snakemans decision to go buy
Hendry
commperr

Not the boards choice , he mocked players that the board brought in and as for Bayo he left that guy on his arse and by rumours coming out of lennoxtown he's not very good yet Koulo assured us he had everything

Footballs a small world ,when news got out about china the club would have known well in advance he was working behind there back , so backing him in the transfer market in August would have been a waste

Even come january he already new he wouldn't be here so again would it be wise to buy players on the strength of it

we got loan players and Bayo and some kid in UKraine who he moked yet he's banging in the goals for fun and looks a player

we were used he came aboard with new ideas we backed him £3m wasted on a pitch ffs

we were only a shop window to help him get his ego back into the EPL ,he's a cheque book manager who will sign a lot more duds as his ego takes over.

And a dud in europe

He came
He went
fk him

If all of these claims are true, don’t you think Lawell and the board made a disastrous call to let him continue? Remember if we will, that when he went to talk to Leicester, Lawell was saying he didn’t know what was going to happen. Why would he do that if he knew all the stuff being claimed?

Why wouldn’t he get rid? He certainly should have if that stuff is true, again showing for me at least an abdication of his responsibility as CEO.

Also, I would be interested to see the comments you quoted and what the date of them was. If they emerged after he left, then that to me is not evidence, it’s hindsight, it’s hearsay.

Anycunt can come out after the fact and add up the ducks, create a backstory. If they have had these views published or aired before he left then it gives them credence. If it was after, my question to them would be, what fucking kept you?

Everybody and their aunty can say anything after the event and get it to fit what the narrative could be. It’s the reason I have problems with any conspiracy theory. It’s always after events take place and the truth can be even created to fit your point of view.

So where these comments published about his intentions to go before he went? We read he had an offer from China. But, why the fuck would a young manager who fancied himself go there? Now?

And even if it all turned out to be true, what the fuck were the board thinking? To know all that stuff and let him take the cunt is atrocious leadership. So he was a cunt and the board were weak cunts letting him away with it. Neither way is good enough.

If all of these claims are true, don’t you think Lawell and the board made a disastrous call to let him continue? Remember if we will, that when he went to talk to Leicester, Lawell was saying he didn’t know what was going to happen. Why would he do that if he knew all the stuff being claimed?

Why wouldn’t he get rid? He certainly should have if that stuff is true, again showing for me at least an abdication of his responsibility as CEO.

Also, I would be interested to see the comments you quoted and what the date of them was. If they emerged after he left, then that to me is not evidence, it’s hindsight, it’s hearsay.

Anycunt can come out after the fact and add up the ducks, create a backstory. If they have had these views published or aired before he left then it gives them credence. If it was after, my question to them would be, what fucking kept you?

Everybody and their aunty can say anything after the event and get it to fit what the narrative could be. It’s the reason I have problems with any conspiracy theory. It’s always after events take place and the truth can be even created to fit your point of view.

So where these comments published about his intentions to go before he went? We read he had an offer from China. But, why the fuck would a young manager who fancied himself go there? Now?

And even if it all turned out to be true, what the fuck were the board thinking? To know all that stuff and let him take the cunt is atrocious leadership. So he was a cunt and the board were weak cunts letting him away with it. Neither way is good enough.
Agree TV but Lawwell is a money man sack the Traitor and you pay his contract out.
He leaves and Celtic get compensation.
And like you the Team on the park is the most important thing. Hotels and light shows aren’t putting bums on seats.
We need investment in the squad not huge amounts but up to £5mill for the main positions CH, RB and midfield.
£15 million for a return of up to £50/60.
But we also need to know who will be the Gaffer waiting till the Season is over May be too late as The qualifiers are only about 3 months away.
There’s training plans pre-season and player recruitment.
Who the new man wants to keep who can go
And there are a lot of players to go.
So it’s a big job and that needs urgent attention so a decision on who we need is
Required now.
What’s happening on the pitch right now is hurting The players it’s always the same when there is no one in charge.
Make a decision PL then the planning can begin.

HH ☘️

You keep repeating yourself over and over. I heard about the China story around the time of the dembele debacle. It was common knowledge.
A friend of mine met lawell around that time and asked him what was going on with Rodgers. Lawells response was "you have no idea what we have to put up with". He didn't elaborate on that.
Remember that Rodgers was Desmond's man, so I'd say that's why lawell had to put up with him.
Rodgers is just a horrible twisted fucker of a human being.

You keep repeating yourself over and over. I heard about the China story around the time of the dembele debacle. It was common knowledge.
A friend of mine met lawell around that time and asked him what was going on with Rodgers. Lawells response was "you have no idea what we have to put up with". He didn't elaborate on that.
Remember that Rodgers was Desmond's man, so I'd say that's why lawell had to put up with him.
Rodgers is just a horrible twisted fucker of a human being.

I’m not disputing that they had “stuff to put up with”. I do have an issue with fuck all being done about it. That’s my point. Either way if it’s true he should have been punted. Maybe the exit clause made them wait and the thought of £9m.

Generating money is great, what we are lacking is reinvestment of that money to ensure continuous progress that means CL qualification is achieved. One season in that competition triple the amount made in these deals. So the question what actually makes us the most money needs to be examined, then doing what needs to be done to secure it.

Letting the squad run down to a point we are talking about a total overhaul in one window, to me is probably not the best strategy. Not even fucking close.

Our financial security lies on securing a CL place. It also returns our club to the elite competition. Shouldn’t that be the end game? I don’t support Celtic to celebrate a hôtel, or a light show. I want the team to be able to compete. If these things add to that happening great, but they are no substitute for seeing our team compete in Europe and not come home with our arse in our hands. That takes investment, and it needs to happen now.
can't agree more need money on the team money= good players good players =good team with all the money they spent on other things we could have maybe brought in one or two players that we needed

In defence of JK, I don’t think Beckenbaur could have done anything with the players available in our defence. Again we are focusing on what he did with a defence that couldn’t keep weans oot a close, unless as part of his contract he was given a wand, I don’t think he is anywhere in the target zone.

For example, if the defence had the quality of our midfield and was the strongest part of the team, then under your logic he would be a success, we would think he was great, when it would be more down to the quality of player.

I don’t know if he is a good coach, what o do know is what he has had to work with hasn’t been good enough for years, so placing the defences frailties at his door is harsh. Not buying players of quality for me is the major issue.

We all accept our defence has been weak for too long. Not addressing the obvious lack of quality has more to do with our failings than JK.

It’s like going to a restaurant for a meal. The waiter brings the meal and it’s shit. You then pull up the waiter to blame, when all he did was bring you what he was given. The blame for the meal and our defence is the people who bought the ingredients. Or who left out the stuff that makes it work because it cost a few bob and we hoped no cunt would notice. We noticed. Let’s hope the real ones in charge of our kitchen realise that upping the quality improves everything, then we can judge JK properly.

I’m not saying he is the answer, but, I accept that what he has to work with wasn’t good enough and that wasn’t his call.

Interesting comments but I'm not in agreement the defenders he has are good enough if not better than what any other team have in Scotland. He must also have some say in the type of defenders we need as part of the training team. He works with these guys day in day out a o if he can't improve them it's down to him. In enurope I think it's was BR gung-ho ego that caused us to get humped as much as some of the defence being exposed to quality.

Interesting comments but I'm not in agreement the defenders he has are good enough if not better than what any other team have in Scotland. He must also have some say in the type of defenders we need as part of the training team. He works with these guys day in day out a o if he can't improve them it's down to him. In enurope I think it's was BR gung-ho ego that caused us to get humped as much as some of the defence being exposed to quality.
Don't know what Brendan was thinking about in Europe mind boggling stuff,set us up to get slaughtered.Going toe to toe with your Barcas and your PSGs is askin for a pumpin.Parkin the bus and hiitin them on the break is the only way or maybe scoring from a set piece .

Where is the financial back up to your theory?

With an estimated top line income of around 105 million

And last seasons risk assessed 87 million operation costs.

What in your opinion is the correct risk to attain 105 million?

And why is it Lawells fault that we can't afford to keep players who are feeling underpaid when our operation costs are pretty much maxed out?

I cannot jump on the Lawell must go bandwagon until I see proper risk assessed alternative budgets and value added players who can fit into the Celtic risk model.

Where is the money coming from to retain players on 60K+ after tax before add-ons?

Which is what allegedly is the price for Wee Paddy, Dembele loyalty, Or Stuart Armstrong to stick around in lower quality league that allegedly stalls their growth as players?

Are you suggesting 87 Million op costs is not high enough for your liking?

Are you suggesting there are better players out there who are willing to play at 40K max per week with add ons probably included.

You have this incessant theory of how Lawell is short changing the fans.
But I have yet to see this economic miracle plan that does better than the Lawell model both on and off the field of play.

Or are you of the opinion that clubs can't die and should therefore rack up as much debts as possible chasing down glory that has so far been achieved without destroying value off the field?
Where is the financial back up to your theory?

With an estimated top line income of around 105 million

And last seasons risk assessed 87 million operation costs.

What in your opinion is the correct risk to attain 105 million?

And why is it Lawells fault that we can't afford to keep players who are feeling underpaid when our operation costs are pretty much maxed out?

I cannot jump on the Lawell must go bandwagon until I see proper risk assessed alternative budgets and value added players who can fit into the Celtic risk model.

Where is the money coming from to retain players on 60K+ after tax before add-ons?

Which is what allegedly is the price for Wee Paddy, Dembele loyalty, Or Stuart Armstrong to stick around in lower quality league that allegedly stalls their growth as players?

Are you suggesting 87 Million op costs is not high enough for your liking?

Are you suggesting there are better players out there who are willing to play at 40K max per week with add ons probably included.

You have this incessant theory of how Lawell is short changing the fans.
But I have yet to see this economic miracle plan that does better than the Lawell model both on and off the field of play.

Or are you of the opinion that clubs can't die and should therefore rack up as much debts as possible chasing down glory that has so far been achieved without destroying value off the field?
Great post TET. These are my thoughts exactly. It's not the transfer fee that is the problem it is the weekly wage plus the add ons that each and every player gets that runs clubs into the ground. I'll bet that every manager knows what money he will have to play with before he signs his contract, but after a couple of winning seasons, he naturally wants to go further with better players and it goes past our remit as we have limited income streams available to us, so the good managers move on to where they can get the resources they want. In my opinion, PL is doing a good job in keeping the club afloat and that includes not giving managers cash which we cannot afford as we are only in the SPL with limited funds

Generating money is great, what we are lacking is reinvestment of that money to ensure continuous progress that means CL qualification is achieved. One season in that competition triple the amount made in these deals. So the question what actually makes us the most money needs to be examined, then doing what needs to be done to secure it.

Letting the squad run down to a point we are talking about a total overhaul in one window, to me is probably not the best strategy. Not even fucking close.

Our financial security lies on securing a CL place. It also returns our club to the elite competition. Shouldn’t that be the end game? I don’t support Celtic to celebrate a hôtel, or a light show. I want the team to be able to compete. If these things add to that happening great, but they are no substitute for seeing our team compete in Europe and not come home with our arse in our hands. That takes investment, and it needs to happen now.
Hear hear !! The team is the priority and the board should be making sure of it Everything else will all fall into place or it should do if PL and the rest concentrate on what they are good at

china 4 bigbucks

Members online

Latest posts

Back