In defence of Lennon. Our regression is down to Lawwell

He didn't go to China, because the deal fell through, but he knew at the time he had lawell by the balls. So he managed to squeeze an extra five grand a week to stay.
I've never for one minute thought Rodgers was the messiah, but he was winning games, so you back the manager whoever it is when they're getting results. I knew before Rodgers signed the type of dirth bag he was. Infact I could sicken you with some of the shit he has pulled even before he signed for Celtic. I will also admit that I got sucked in by him with his stories of not becoming, but being born a Celtic supporter shite that he spun. And if I'm being honest, that's what pissed me off the most about his departure. He was a lying wee rat!
Let us hear some of these stories Deadner im sure a few on here would like to hear them.

I don’t know the real reason and neither do you. I do know that he was fucked off, as well all were, about standing still. Or did we not feel that?

To say it was just greed is too easy. To say would I give him the money knowing he would leave, is avoiding the issue of why he was going to leave. And if you are right he was going to go, then why not make him go? Do you actually think that Lawell knew he was going to jump ship, but decided to let him carry on? I can’t believe that and if that is the case then Lawell needs his arse kicked for doing nothing.

I think, I don’t know, but I would bet the disaster last summer, failing to qualify for the CL. No players brought in at all, told Rogers all he needed to know about the boards ambition. It certainly told me. He said in an interview we have stood still. Did you agree with that assessment? If you did, then who is to blame for that? Not Rogers.

The focus should not be Rogers, but an assessment of what he was trying to achieve and wether he was supported to do that. Diverting our issues by focusing on Rogers upping sticks when he did leaves the question why then? Why them? Leicester?

No fucking way did they even come onto his radar. For him to choose to go to them when he did tells a story. It may not fit the story we want, but I don’t believe for a minute he would have left then if he had been backed.

I called out Rogers ratio of shit signings, was pulled up for not using his Christian name, said he couldn’t see a defender if one came up and kicked his arse. I wasn’t deluded into thinking he was the messiah, as many did on this very forum, but I do recognise that whatever he wanted to achieve wasn’t forthcoming. We stood still. He obviously was angry at that, but Lawell moves on. Keeps banking bonus after bonus for fuck all.

Rogers is a symptom of deeper problems in the club. To be conned into just focusing on him leaving without wanting to know why is playing into Lawells hands.

Rogers wanted to go to a richer club in a better league. No problem with that. Going when he did to a mid table team was not his plan. The issues that led to the changing of that plan to me at least, is a worry. I don’t blame him for where we are, but, I never thought the sun shown out of his arse either. Maybe those that did are angrier knowing they called that wrong and have turned on him with increased levels of bile.

As I said, losing Rogers was not our main problem. It’s how we lost him and to say he just wanted more money is, to my mind Bull. He went because things changed. Or I should say, stayed the same old Celtic board lack of ambition.

We need to move on, but if the board continue to avoid investment, then our direction will continue to be downward as we have witnessed these last 18 months.
Pundit Alan McInally said he knew he was going or had held talks to go Leicester long before the january window long before

Darren fletcher confirmed that everyone knew he was going to Leicester

others have said the same

Demble called him out and was made to look like he was the one in the wrong

Boyata has yet to tell his tale but i would guess it would be somewhere along the lines of what Demble had said

His signing targets were laughable and i have no love for the board ,but it was snakemans decision to go buy
Hendry
commperr

Not the boards choice , he mocked players that the board brought in and as for Bayo he left that guy on his arse and by rumours coming out of lennoxtown he's not very good yet Koulo assured us he had everything

Footballs a small world ,when news got out about china the club would have known well in advance he was working behind there back , so backing him in the transfer market in August would have been a waste

Even come january he already new he wouldn't be here so again would it be wise to buy players on the strength of it

we got loan players and Bayo and some kid in UKraine who he moked yet he's banging in the goals for fun and looks a player

we were used he came aboard with new ideas we backed him £3m wasted on a pitch ffs

we were only a shop window to help him get his ego back into the EPL ,he's a cheque book manager who will sign a lot more duds as his ego takes over.

And a dud in europe

He came
He went
fk him

Pundit Alan McInally said he knew he was going or had held talks to go Leicester long before the january window long before

Darren fletcher confirmed that everyone knew he was going to Leicester

others have said the same

Demble called him out and was made to look like he was the one in the wrong

Boyata has yet to tell his tale but i would guess it would be somewhere along the lines of what Demble had said

His signing targets were laughable and i have no love for the board ,but it was snakemans decision to go buy
Hendry
commperr

Not the boards choice , he mocked players that the board brought in and as for Bayo he left that guy on his arse and by rumours coming out of lennoxtown he's not very good yet Koulo assured us he had everything

Footballs a small world ,when news got out about china the club would have known well in advance he was working behind there back , so backing him in the transfer market in August would have been a waste

Even come january he already new he wouldn't be here so again would it be wise to buy players on the strength of it

we got loan players and Bayo and some kid in UKraine who he moked yet he's banging in the goals for fun and looks a player

we were used he came aboard with new ideas we backed him £3m wasted on a pitch ffs

we were only a shop window to help him get his ego back into the EPL ,he's a cheque book manager who will sign a lot more duds as his ego takes over.

And a dud in europe

He came
He went
fk him
Hail Hail kelly!

As much as I would like to spill my guts on the rat, I've not made my mind up yet as to whether I should. I very nearly did at the time he left, but I held back. I'm still contemplating it. But sometimes the less said is easier mended.
Must be gut spilling time ,fuck him hes no credibility left anyway .

Reactions: Ray
Do you really not know why Rodgers left? Greed is your answer.
Rodgers used Celtic to get himself back in the shop window. That's the bottom line.
And as much as I agree with you on a lot about lawell, put yourself in his shoes. Would you give the fuckin rat Rodgers money to spend when you knew he was gonna jump ship at the first opportunity? I know I wouldn't.
Rodgers is a one season wonder, possibly two. He was the same with Liverpool and they roaded him. The football this season has been brutal to watch, but he did fuck all to change it. He had ran out of ideas and when the first sniff of more dough came, he fucked off. Just watch Leicester for the next two seasons will do ok, then the rot will set in.
Yes we obviously need to strengthen certain positions and hopefully with a new committed manager that will happen.
excellent assessment I thought BR was going to be phenomenal for.us but when you get down to it you're right he was putting himself firmly in the Premiership shop window using us to further his chances One things for sure he won't get to the CL with Leicester As you say greed was his.motivation Here's hoping for a great summer transfer window Duds out - great players in

excellent assessment I thought BR was going to be phenomenal for.us but when you get down to it you're right he was putting himself firmly in the Premiership shop window using us to further his chances One things for sure he won't get to the CL with Leicester As you say greed was his.motivation Here's hoping for a great summer transfer window Duds out - great players in
And fuck Eamonn Holmes also always hated that swarmy fuckpig.

Lenny needs to take control and set the team up the way he wants and play his formation. JK should have went with Rodgers and must have new BR thoughts prior to him jumping. Our defence has been poor over the years and he is the man coaching the defence. He is a nice guy but for me out his depth and must go

Lenny needs to take control and set the team up the way he wants and play his formation. JK should have went with Rodgers and must have new BR thoughts prior to him jumping. Our defence has been poor over the years and he is the man coaching the defence. He is a nice guy but for me out his depth and must go
In defence of JK, I don’t think Beckenbaur could have done anything with the players available in our defence. Again we are focusing on what he did with a defence that couldn’t keep weans oot a close, unless as part of his contract he was given a wand, I don’t think he is anywhere in the target zone.

For example, if the defence had the quality of our midfield and was the strongest part of the team, then under your logic he would be a success, we would think he was great, when it would be more down to the quality of player.

I don’t know if he is a good coach, what o do know is what he has had to work with hasn’t been good enough for years, so placing the defences frailties at his door is harsh. Not buying players of quality for me is the major issue.

We all accept our defence has been weak for too long. Not addressing the obvious lack of quality has more to do with our failings than JK.

It’s like going to a restaurant for a meal. The waiter brings the meal and it’s shit. You then pull up the waiter to blame, when all he did was bring you what he was given. The blame for the meal and our defence is the people who bought the ingredients. Or who left out the stuff that makes it work because it cost a few bob and we hoped no cunt would notice. We noticed. Let’s hope the real ones in charge of our kitchen realise that upping the quality improves everything, then we can judge JK properly.

I’m not saying he is the answer, but, I accept that what he has to work with wasn’t good enough and that wasn’t his call.

His bonus is based on the club as a whole entity Sam. Like I've mentioned before 2 of the biggest sponsorship deals in Scottish football history. And selling the brand in global terms Look at the progress Celtic have made in Commerical and attracting sponsors might not be what we as fans want but it enables the club to move forward. Celtic Hotel anyone? New revenue streams are what make the club strong and that's down to the CEO and the board.
Well a hope o they sponsors and hotel's have a good fucking pair of boot's that they can put on

Well a hope o they sponsors and hotel's have a good fucking pair of boot's that they can put on

Generating money is great, what we are lacking is reinvestment of that money to ensure continuous progress that means CL qualification is achieved. One season in that competition triple the amount made in these deals. So the question what actually makes us the most money needs to be examined, then doing what needs to be done to secure it.

Letting the squad run down to a point we are talking about a total overhaul in one window, to me is probably not the best strategy. Not even fucking close.

Our financial security lies on securing a CL place. It also returns our club to the elite competition. Shouldn’t that be the end game? I don’t support Celtic to celebrate a hôtel, or a light show. I want the team to be able to compete. If these things add to that happening great, but they are no substitute for seeing our team compete in Europe and not come home with our arse in our hands. That takes investment, and it needs to happen now.

Members online

Latest posts

Back