Injury Problems

BILLCOWIE1958

For a good while now well since BR arrived I've been pondering over the amount of injuries that our players appear to be receiving

A good few of our players have been out with extended injuries others out not so long but more frequent injuries and complaints

Some of the injuries were obvious ones eg Ajer v Livi KT in cup final v The Sheep but others seem to be less obvious and sometimes repetitive

Griff is another example even before his current situation

N'tcham and French Eddie are another 2 who seem to be in and out like in and out things You could lump Boyata in there too as well as Simunovic

In the time Dembele played for us there wasn't much difference in the amount of matches he played for us and the matches he missed through injury mostly hamstring related

Biton Arzani and Kouassi all out for extended periods with knee injuries and Johnny Hayes with a busted leg

Even Mr Invincible BROONY has been affected

Now I realise that opposition hammer throwers and thugs have a lot to do with it but are there other reasons?

Perhaps training methods Playing and training surfaces or perhaps just bad luck?

I realise that we play more games per season than any other Club in Scotland and that's bound to take it's toll on our player's bodies to an extent KT being a current case in point

Just a thought

Be interested to hear your views

Might even get a lurkers or 2 to join the site and throw their tuppence worth in

HH?

Well 14 views an no takers lol,my view a lot to do with the cloggers also see mc kenna injuried so he wont be comeing to us

I've posted about this a while back too. I don't think the amount of games should have anything to do with the amount of injuries our players seem to get. Definately there is something to with training techniques involved here. Either that or they just don't make them like they used ta!

Or maybe Lanarkshires finest have long declared it open season on celtic players. More subtle than the crazy bookings and sending offs.

Reactions: Jpw
I look at how our French contingent, past and present, tend to suffer from niggly injuries rather than long term ones and then read Weah commenting on how the physicality of our training was a shock to him. Could there be something in that?

Most if not all of the modern game players are athletes now. Fitter, faster and stronger than before. All get the usual strains from time to time. But when you get kicked from start to finish, by the thugs in our game with no protection from the Mib blind Masonic bar-stewards. Then we need bigger treatment rooms. As the SFA SPFL are now allowing the Latin phrase Kickfuckius da Timius. To be applied for the Sake of the nearly new club
Orangebastius Sevco Zombius.

HH☘️

Nobody gets harsher treatment than Messi - has had since he appeared on the scene - but rarely is he out with injury . Check out some of the videos of him and you'll see how awesome a player he is DESPITE the 'hammer thrower' treatment he constantly receives .
So , the point is , IMO it comes down to the player - some can take it some can't . Look at Henrik - he had two major injuries ( leg and fractured skull ) in all his time with us , yet he was a marked man from the off but rarely was he out of the team .

High intensity training leads to more injuries, particularly muscular injuries. Under BR it has been said that the team train with the same intensity as they play.
In addition number of games and games on plastic pitches will also be a contributory factor.

Heard someone say we should train at Lourdes..but I agree we have far too many injured players. I don't think we will get to the bottom of it but I believe some of it is due to high intensity training. . although some of the tackles on Scott Brown in particular have been horrendous...and incidentally Ryan Christie and Scott got battered yesterday...so don't be surprised if they are out v St Johnstone..I hope not.

I've posted about this a while back too. I don't think the amount of games should have anything to do with the amount of injuries our players seem to get. Definately there is something to with training techniques involved here. Either that or they just don't make them like they used ta!

Sorry didn't see your original post

HH?
Heard someone say we should train at Lourdes..but I agree we have far too many injured players. I don't think we will get to the bottom of it but I believe some of it is due to high intensity training. . although some of the tackles on Scott Brown in particular have been horrendous...and incidentally Ryan Christie and Scott got battered yesterday...so don't be surprised if they are out v St Johnstone..I hope not.

The problem with training at Lourdes is that it's a Red Blaise Pitch

The amount of times my brother came home from Lourdes with the knees out of his trousers and red ash all over his school uniform was ridiculous ?
HH?

I’ve always said something not right with our training methods not regarding results but regarding personal injury to players dembele and griffiths fine examples or is it the players they just want an easy time of it if they’re injury prone move them on no sentiment in football same as when they’re too old or not good enough anymore but thanks for you’re services now please go It’s a conveyor belt coming And going and has to be like that to stay at the top

Back