International breaks - does anyone like them ?

Millsy

Another two week hiatus from the real business of playing football is nearly over - and for what ? Does anyone ( apart from the SFA/Uefa etc... ) really like these , too frequent , breaks from what really matters to the football fan ?

I recall a time when international were squeezed into midweek slots so that the important league business went on uninterrupted . Now for reasons of ( IMO) money for the associations and their blazer-clad parasites the emphasis has shifted to the international scene which clearly has been given priority by the 'rule makers '.

The invention of the Nations League groups has only added to the burden for ordinary football fans who basically want to watch their own team .
Don't get me wrong - I want Scotland to succeed , but their games ( too often meaningless ) cause backlogs in the league , deprive us of momentum , put our best players at risk of injury or fatigue . Added to this is the McLeish Factor where some of our players are being undermined due to the dinosaur mentality of the tax cheat .

Let's get our priorities right - club football is the bread and butter for almost all fans and should always get priority . Enough is enough !

Last edited:
Glad to hear that a lot of people agree with me on this. I know that it is not helped by us (Scotland) not having a team worth the name, but I would like to see International breaks stopped as well as that other bore - the midwinter shutdown! Football must keep the fans interested.

I absolutely hate them. For anyone supporting Scotland over the last 20 years, they are always a trainwreck.

Totally pointless, which also reflects the average amount of points we accrue.

Roll on Saturday.

Another two week hiatus from the real business of playing football is nearly over - and for what ? Does anyone ( apart from the SFA/Uefa etc... ) really like these , too frequent , breaks from what really matters to the football fan ?

I recall a time when international were squeezed into midweek slots so that the important league business went on uninterrupted . Now for reasons of ( IMO) money for the associations and their blazer-clad parasites the emphasis has shifted to the international scene which clearly has been given priority by the 'rule makers '.

The invention of the Nations League groups has only added to the burden for ordinary football fans who basically want to watch their own team .
Don't get me wrong - I want Scotland to succeed , but their games ( too often meaningless ) cause backlogs in the league , deprive us of momentum , put our best players at risk of injury or fatigue . Added to this is the McLeish Factor where some of our players are being undermined due to the dinosaur mentality of the tax cheat .

Let's get our priorities right - club football is the bread and butter for almost all fans and should always get priority . Enough is enough !
I love visiting Barcalona. Nice wee place.

Back