Invincible Celtic keeper Craig Gordon's Fabulous Scottish Cup Final Celebration

Was CG transfer to Sunderland the most expensive for a goalkeeper up to that time?
I remember a save he made was voted the best in EPL history too. (Ages ago though)
BR slapped his face when he put Dorus DeVries in ahead of CG.
He worked hard to prove his fitness after a long time out. Posting You-Tube videos doing knee exercises. Celtic took a chance on CG and he served us well. Invincible Treble winner too.
We should keep him as a GK coach if possible.

Was CG transfer to Sunderland the most expensive for a goalkeeper up to that time?
I remember a save he made was voted the best in EPL history too. (Ages ago though)
He worked hard to prove his fitness after a long time out. Posting You-Tube videos doing knee exercises. Celtic took a chance on CG and he served us well. Invincible Treble winner too.
His time at the minis he was a good keeper and a whinge but he came to us an has been a great servant he just couldn't handle playing it out from the back

still feel there's a year left in him would keep him even if it was backroom staff as you say , we turned him into a winnner and invincible and treble winner

Absouluely correct. Keane broke the English goalie record to take him to Sunderland. That reaction save was phenomenal. He was so unlucky getting that horrific injury (like FF at Southampton šŸ˜Ŗ).

CG comes across as an articulate, intelligent and humble person who had a huge amount of talent coupled with a fantastic work ethic and mental strength.

The Waa is undoubtedly our no. 1 keeper just now (and hopefully he'll return home to us on a permanent basis).

I think we happen to have the best goalie coach in the UK at the moment, but CG could be his apprentice to take over long term (keep him registered as backup too). However, I think he fancies playing more & starting to make up for the missed couple of years when he should have been at his peak so will probably leave us.

But he is šŸ’© at playing out with his feet!!!

His time at the minis he was a good keeper and a whinge but he came to us an has been a great servant he just couldn't handle playing it out from the back

still feel there's a year left in him would keep him even if it was backroom staff as you say , we turned him into a winnner and invincible and treble winner
He had a nightmare against Aberdeen last season ,him and Boyata fannying about at the back ,heart attack material.

He had a nightmare against Aberdeen last season ,him and Boyata fannying about at the back ,heart attack material.
Aye, playing the tippy tappy pish from the back was definitely CG's weakness. It was like watching Packie Bonner floundering when they introduced the back-pass law in the early 90s - that change finished his career a couple of years early!

Members online

Latest posts

Back