used to play in trad sessions in Roscommon/Leitrim/Sligo/galway,a regular player was seamus Thomson,he was a 3 time all Ireland fiddle champion,he loved o'caloran's music, one day he played a solo instrumental version of grace in glancy's bar , carrick on Shannon, it was beautiful, first time I heard the melody (got the lyrics later) but ye know that old one "ye could hear a pin drop" the music soared! HH

Linkey thing worked and it was lovely. I do believe yer man was wearing a gold shamrock in his ear for my benefit.:ROFLMAO: We don't seem to go out of our way to find trad music these days but I've totally loved the offerings this thread has thrown up.

Linkey thing worked and it was lovely. I do believe yer man was wearing a gold shamrock in his ear for my benefit.:ROFLMAO: We don't seem to go out of our way to find trad music these days but I've totally loved the offerings this thread has thrown up.
The boul Damien was wearing that knowing that one day you'd see that video ;)

The lyrics to the above song Mise Eire,a poem by Padraig Pearse

I am Ireland:
I am older than the old woman of Beare.
Great my glory:
I who bore Cuchulainn, the brave.
Great my shame:
My own children who sold their mother.
Great my pain:
My irreconcilable enemy who harrasses me continually…
Great my sorrow
That crowd, in whom I placed my trust, died.
I am Ireland:
I am lonelier than the old woman of Beare

All this music made me youtube Mary Black singing Holy Ground. I'll need to learn how to post it like Boab showed you, Danoli. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Back