Irish Roots

I have been doing a bit of research into my mums people. My Granny's mother and father are both Glasgow Irish. Kean and McKiernan.
Peter Kean was born in Glasgow at John Street Lane in 1892( looked for it on a map but I think it's gone now. This is how we (my family) got our Celtic DNA, from Peter Kean. His mother and father were from Donegal, but am not sure where.
They both worked in the Jute Mills in Dundee after WW1. They both died very young and my Gran was orphaned at 16. She went into a convent to become a nun. The life of a nun was not for her. She left the convent in the mid 30s, then she got married and had ten bairns.
I never got to talk to my Gran about her Dad, wish I had though. The only thing I remember her saying about him was that he was Celtic daft and had served in Middle East ( Iraq I think) when part of the Army of India.
HH

Last edited:
I have been doing a bit of research into my mums people. My Granny's mother and father are both Glasgow Irish. Kean and McKiernan.
Peter Kean was born in Glasgow at John Street Lane in 1892( looked for it on a map but I think it's gone now. This is how we (my family) got our Celtic DNA, from Peter Kean. His mother and father were from Donegal, but am not sure where.
They both worked in the Jute Mills in Dundee after WW1. They both died very young and my Gran was orphaned at 16. She went into a convent to become a nun. The life of a nun was not for her. She left the convent in the mid 30s, then she got married and had ten bairns.
I never got to talk to my Gran about her Dad, wish I had though. The only thing I remember her saying about him was that he was Celtic daft and had served in Middle East ( Iraq I think) when part of the Army of India.
HH
My family are mostly from Mayo, with my gran from Donegal, you're from good stock Richybhoy, that county gave us generations of good Celtic fans, just like yourself mo chara.

Members online

Latest posts

Back