Is It Time To End The Marches of Hate

I they all say ‘democratic right’to march ,to prove what ,?that they are the ‘peepul’,?every march by this lot is contentious to the extreme ,what about democratic right of the ordinary citizens ,they don’t count by all means it seems ,there is five banned already but another 5/6 waiting to march ,we are told this is the best wee country?whos kidding who ,The SNP are letting the country down ,if they want a march ,let them rent Glasgow green ,they can march round all day ,if they pay for the privilege!enough I think ?hh

I dont think it's fair to chuck unification marches in with orange walks.
The scottish government would never dream of banning scottish independence marches.
I know we will have people saying "well we arent ireland so why have unification marches on Glasgows streets" but to me, these people are denying the connection and history Ireland and Scotland have.
The media and glasgow council have been smart on how they have reported the bans. "Republican marches"...you automatically think IRA.
Yes, ban orange walks. They are marches of hate.
But if you're going to ban irish unification marches then you have to ban scottish marches also....dont you???

I dont think it's fair to chuck unification marches in with orange walks.
The scottish government would never dream of banning scottish independence marches.
I know we will have people saying "well we arent ireland so why have unification marches on Glasgows streets" but to me, these people are denying the connection and history Ireland and Scotland have.
The media and glasgow council have been smart on how they have reported the bans. "Republican marches"...you automatically think IRA.
Yes, ban orange walks. They are marches of hate.
But if you're going to ban irish unification marches then you have to ban scottish marches also....dont you???
Agree Lubo! All bunged into the one bag? The orange marches are of HATE ,nothing less,true if this is the cause then ban indi marches as well?hh

We should ALL be on the streets protesting imho,food banks in this day and age?? ffs!! homelessness,
zero hour contracts,there is a lot more to be concerned about than the oo, a wee lunatic fringe btw.
sorry about the wee rant..... fascism does my nut in.

I they all say ‘democratic right’to march ,to prove what ,?that they are the ‘peepul’,?every march by this lot is contentious to the extreme ,what about democratic right of the ordinary citizens ,they don’t count by all means it seems ,there is five banned already but another 5/6 waiting to march ,we are told this is the best wee country?whos kidding who ,The SNP are letting the country down ,if they want a march ,let them rent Glasgow green ,they can march round all day ,if they pay for the privilege!enough I think ?hh
No way i live near the green, give them Glasgow airport at its busiest time, that will get rid of them.

Oops sorry ,know what you mean ,we have plenty down here in Ayrshire ,feckin lodge master or whatever you call him ,lives not 100 yds away,so marches start from his feckin door ,!

Get a big dirty dog 💩 and put it a brown bag. Sit it on the doorstep and set it a light. knock the door and hide. Make sure you record what happens on your phone and upload it to the noise so we can all watch 😂😂

I like a good march & demonstration, as long as it's relevant to Scotland, CND, Anti war, Trade Union, Historical Commemoration, Inndependence, Anti Govermeant, Anti Facists, Been on marches of all those I've mentioned at some point in my life.

When it comes to OO get yersels tae fuck, it has no revelance in modern Scotland, if you which to express your love for hate, go do it somewhere else.

Republican Marches, again is it relevant to Scotland. No, so go do it elsewhere it's the sort of SCUM the counter demonstraions attract, that I don't want in Scotland.

1) Is it relevant to a modern Scotland?
2) Is a counter demonstration likely?
3) Is it sectarian/racist/likely to cause Civil unrest?

If the answer to the to question 3 is yes, no march/demo.

Personally i would ban all these marches. Wether it is an orange walk or "unification marches". Why should the people of Scotland regardless of backround have a say in what goes on over there? They choose to live here. There is no place for any marches of hatred today. I know some will argue but we all have an opinion.
HH🍀

In a democratic society we all have the right to congregate or march but maybe if the organisers of marches had to pay for the policing etc then there wouldn't be quite so many.
There should be a criteria set down for the purpose of a march and if it's petty and just about hatred like the D.O.B.s then they just don't get a license to march.

In a democratic society we all have the right to congregate or march but maybe if the organisers of marches had to pay for the policing etc then there wouldn't be quite so many.
There should be a criteria set down for the purpose of a march and if it's petty and just about hatred like the D.O.B.s then they just don't get a license to march.
Does that mean a fat cat with loads of cash can " buy " the right to march? I don't think that solves the problem.

Members online

Latest posts

Back