Is Murray investing in Rangers?

£25 mill for KT, ian..........
Was suprised to hear on Hun radio the muppets stating that the Swede was going to Manchester for his medical, are they following us at every turner. If Arsenal were genuine, and if Celtic and KT had decided yep it's a goer, we would be sitting on CL without a ball been kicked in earnest.

Roll the fake news, Murray to invest serious money
Big Swede , bigger than anyone wants to win trophies up here
Sturridge might be first marquee
Tommorow Sevco play better french team than one we played (Chris Jack arsewipe piece)
Sevco need to open fire exit in pub as strips fly out the door ( no mention of Trading standards appearance with Big Mikey behind them)
Celtics new signing not like an Ojo a Sedan, Messi type ( Liverpool under 21)
Big Julian not as big as the Swede and not fit (Remember Provan quot FFS 10 million for VVD no chance)
Just another day in the life of a SMSM rep tile

Without starting anything, I'll just point out that Phil Mac Giolla Bhain claimed last week that Sevco wouldn't be able to sign ANY player in the 3-4 million bracket without selling first. One of his entirely invented 'sources' told him this. Literally a few days later they signed some guy from Bologna for £4.5 million without selling.

As TheVerdict says, I'd take anything he says about what's happening at Sevco with more than a pinch of salt. They are clearly operating at a level that allows them to spend moderately without selling. You don't need to invent sources to perhaps surmise that in the long term, given their wage bill, there is the possibility that they might end up having to sell their best assets. While I wouldn't put it past them to be this thick, you have to take it for granted that they signed this guy from Bologna based on more than some flimsy conviction that they'll manage to offload big assets.

I assume, without pretending I have any 'sources' or that I meet regularly with the hun version of Deep Throat in the Albion Car Park, that they figure that they will eventually let go or loan out players who have relatively high wages (apparently donkeys like Murphy are on £18,000 a week over there lol), sell them or let them go. That's why they can spend £4.5 million.

Without starting anything, I'll just point out that Phil Mac Giolla Bhain claimed last week that Sevco wouldn't be able to sign ANY player in the 3-4 million bracket without selling first. One of his entirely invented 'sources' told him this. Literally a few days later they signed some guy from Bologna for £4.5 million without selling.

As TheVerdict says, I'd take anything he says about what's happening at Sevco with more than a pinch of salt. They are clearly operating at a level that allows them to spend moderately without selling. You don't need to invent sources to perhaps surmise that in the long term, given their wage bill, there is the possibility that they might end up having to sell their best assets. While I wouldn't put it past them to be this thick, you have to take it for granted that they signed this guy from Bologna based on more than some flimsy conviction that they'll manage to offload big assets.

I assume, without pretending I have any 'sources' or that I meet regularly with the hun version of Deep Throat in the Albion Car Park, that they figure that they will eventually let go or loan out players who have relatively high wages (apparently donkeys like Murphy are on £18,000 a week over there lol), sell them or let them go. That's why they can spend £4.5 million.

POsted on other sites it was an undisclosed fee , sure they'll be crowing £4.5 m but it's nowhere near that according to italian reports

So you clearly think that thing is working on a sustainable budget? If so who are Close brothers and what's there involvement for distressed Companies loans? Not saying Phil gets everything spot on but who does? Even the BBC clown was shot down by lenny about the Ecuadorian guy and does that mean his sources are shot to shit! Read between the lines mibbee.

So you clearly think that thing is working on a sustainable budget? If so who are Close brothers and what's there involvement for distressed Companies loans? Not saying Phil gets everything spot on but who does? Even the BBC clown was shot down by lenny about the Ecuadorian guy and does that mean his sources are shot to shit! Read between the lines mibbee.

Nope. Read what I wrote. I think they're working on an extremely dodgy, fly-by-night budget, but it's not one that's going to lead to their imminent demise and it's not one that means they can't spend without immediately selling. I think they have to live with the fact that teams aren't chomping at the bit to sign their shithouse players. There is another source of funding and I can't possibly comment on its viability or the future consequences of that source of funding, as I have no idea about it. Nobody does. The Sevco fan base ought to be worrying about that. But they're not as they genuinely see in the convicted fraudster Dave King a stand up, sound, trustworthy guy. They're not the brightest of buttons.

Let's be clear here though - if this Bologna defender cost £4.5 million, they've still only spent around £5.5 million on players in this window and, from what Slippy seems to be saying, this defender will be the last. That's not a lot - even within this, it seems they are desperate to cut their wage bill. But they wouldn't be buying £4.5 million players if they could only do so by depending on the sale of El Thuggalo or James Tavernier (their two biggest assets who imo are worth a total of £10 million combined), as none of these deals are getting done. I think the signing of this defender is their limit and even that might have hugely deleterious consequences for them in the future.

These are my own thoughts. I'm perfectly willing to admit that I could be wrong. I don't pretend my own thoughts is actually investigative journalism based on 'sources' within Sevco. I have no sources anywhere near that monstrosity. I'm just looking at what's happening and opining on it. I'm certainly not claiming I have inside scoops or solid info and then asking for donations.

Others have said that there's a possibility that this guy from Bologna's price of £4.5 million has been inflated by Sevco's PR and the compliant media. I think that's a possibility, but the initial fee they cited was £5 million and then it crept down to £4.5 million or even £3.5 million. The blogger in question stated that his concrete, 100% stand up source within Ibrox said prices such as those were impossible BEFORE the sale of El Thuggalo - it was just simply not true. The Act of Contrition is something I strongly remember from school.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back