Is Putin manipulatin' western democracy!

Fianna Fail promised the same super fast broadband in Ireland in the rurals ,which in part they delivered from the pole to the start of the street ,,,,and no further

Put it another way 2 houses nearest the pole got broadband anyone else further up got nothing not even a wire or an explanation

Let me guess it was 2 Fianna Fail MPs that lived in the 2 houses :LOL:

Joking aside though that's just an insult to those that voted for them, they would have been as well just rolling back on the pledge altogether rather than embarrassing themselves by delivering it to just 2 houses.

I think most of us are aware that politicians are not to be trusted and will lie their way through an election campaign from start to finish, but who could still vote for the Tories after the obvious mendacity from BoJo during the Brexshit campaign?

BoJo the Clown has taken political mendacity to a whole new level Shammy, sad things is there are absolute morons out there who would vote for him no matter what he did or said.

Somebody showed me a clip that was posted on Twitter the other day where a woman hairdresser being interviewed by some journo on a walkabout actually praised him for his lying and then in the same breath said 'we can trust Boris'......I mean that's the level of breathtaking fuckwittery we're up against.

Wish I could find the clip as it was a genuine 'WTF is wrong with some people' moment that just left you dumbfounded. Will have a look and will post it if I can find it.

HH Shammy (y)

I am having a quiet night tonight and I am disillusioned by politicians. However, I know there are people who claimed I was rewriting history but here is a few quotes from a paper on the history of the SNP. Before anyone 'jumps the gun' the paper goes onto demonstrate how the party has evolved and in general is actually pro-SNP:

"The Scottish Unionists, a fusion of Conservatives and Liberal Unionists who had split
from Gladstonian Liberalism in opposition to Irish Home Rule, had a strongly
Protestant identity and a markedly Orange hostility to Irish Catholic immigration.
These traits were transmitted to the Scottish Party and onwards to the early SNP.
In 1950 Andrew Dewar Gibb, a former Unionist, who had
been the Party leader from 1936-40 and had held the Regius Professorship of Law
at Glasgow University since 1934, complained that, ‘The Union gave Scotland her
Irish problem".

Irish immigrants knew this to be true. My fathers brother moved from the Calton to the train tracks of Lanarkshire in the 1930's and they would always reference a particularly anti-Irish speech given by a SNP representative at polling time back in the day. However, the paper goes on:

"The independence white paper Scotland’s Future issued by Scotland’s
SNP Government in November 2013 announced that an independent Scotland would
‘remain within the Union of the Crowns’ – or ‘social union’ - and that the Queen’s
position as head of state would ‘form an intrinsic part of the constitutional plat
form in place for independence’. The white paper leaves open the possibility that
a future Scottish government might propose to abolish the monarchy, but makes it
clear that the current SNP administration ‘does not support such a change.’
The SNP has also chosen in recent years to channel anti-royalist ire on par
ticular aspects of the British monarchy which affronted modern sensibilities rather
than on the institution per se. In particular, Salmond’s SNP has directed its attention on the exclusion of Catholics or the spouses of Catholics from the royal succession. Not only was the English Act of Settlement (1701) which excluded Catholics from the throne an integral element of Article II of the Treaty of Union (1707), but the SNP’s critique of this aspect of the British monarchy helped – tactically – to distance the modern SNP from an earlier, and less glorious phase, of the Party’s history".

I never said you were rewriting history Goldfinch I just asked for some evidence to back up your 'SNP in the 1930's - Scottish jobs for Scottish Citizens - Irish go back to Ireland' claim.

Like I said mate not having a go just want any political debate we have on here to be based on facts.

HH (y)

BoJo the Clown has taken political mendacity to a whole new level Shammy, sad things is there are absolute morons out there who would vote for him no matter what he did or said.

Somebody showed me a clip that was posted on Twitter the other day where a woman hairdresser being interviewed by some journo on a walkabout actually praised him for his lying and then in the same breath said 'we can trust Boris'......I mean that's the level of breathtaking fuckwittery we're up against.

Wish I could find the clip as it was a genuine 'WTF is wrong with some people' moment that just left you dumbfounded. Will have a look and will post it if I can find it.

HH Shammy (y)
But he's got "charisma" Andy!!!!!

Back