Is Signing Forster Necessary?

you cant tell me that a keeper who's not been played for 18 months is better than what we have. he could be recalled in January, unlikely I agree but possible. At this point we would have pissed off our 2 main goalkeepers then where would we be? having a go at the board again. he was good from the last 5 to 7 years admittedly but 3rd choice at a bottom team in the EPL, I read today a tweet from one of their fans that he thought he would do ok in a lower standard league, arrogant bastard.

If we can give the chance for Forster maybe he can return to the best of his form.
What is the most important thing is that we need a beast goalkeeper to secure a good run in Europa League.I ve seen really many teams who have very good goalkeepers and these goalkeeper made their teams to go on by obliterating the opposition shoots after classic chances took place on their small area. If you have a good goalkeeper you can be confident for sure.For example the goalkeeper of AIK Stockholm gave an amazing performance, otherwise the score would be 6-0. You must have goalkeepers who are known and they are tested.In Scottland when you play against weaker teams the goalkeeper can't be tested enough and Forster is a proven worth so I think he only has to be in form but he only needs a chance and nothing more because if you are really good goalkeeper and you have instinct you only have to show it on the field directly.

If we can give the chance for Forster maybe he can return to the best of his form.
What is the most important thing is that we need a beast goalkeeper to secure a good run in Europa League.I ve seen really many teams who have very good goalkeepers and these goalkeeper made their teams to go on by obliterating the opposition shoots after classic chances took place on their small area. If you have a good goalkeeper you can be confident for sure.For example the goalkeeper of AIK Stockholm gave an amazing performance, otherwise the score would be 6-0. You must have goalkeepers who are known and they are tested.In Scottland when you play against weaker teams the goalkeeper can't be tested enough and Forster is a proven worth so I think he only has to be in form but he only needs a chance and nothing more because if you are really good goalkeeper and you have instinct you only have to show it on the field directly.
We got beat 1-0 at ibrox at the new year game , it could have been 5 or 6 if it wasn't for Craig Gordon. He isn't a sweeper keeper type player he's more old school and couldn't adapt to BR's way. Bain, who I've always rated came in and impressed with his playing the ball from feet but that has been missing for some time now, did he become complacent? and if so why? Foster comes, gets No 1` and unsettles the other keepers because hes one of Lennon's favourites, gets recalled by Southampton and were left with 2 pissed off keepers, not a good scenario in my mind

We got beat 1-0 at ibrox at the new year game , it could have been 5 or 6 if it wasn't for Craig Gordon. He isn't a sweeper keeper type player he's more old school and couldn't adapt to BR's way. Bain, who I've always rated came in and impressed with his playing the ball from feet but that has been missing for some time now, did he become complacent? and if so why? Foster comes, gets No 1` and unsettles the other keepers because hes one of Lennon's favourites, gets recalled by Southampton and were left with 2 pissed off keepers, not a good scenario in my mind
You are right about Forster but when you say Gordon is oldschool maybe there are questions to be asked and Gordon always makes mistakes without meaning because he is overconfident.I don't Know why Bain lost his form.He could be better in European level but it seems he can't make it against the higher level.There are many times where our goalkeepers also should have jumped in the air to pick up the ball before a header threaten them but they don't do that thing for some reason because they dont have that awareness and we need a goalkeeper who has instinct and flexibility.

Maybe he only just found about the UEFA plan for Islamic world domination you were telling us about and decided he would need time off to study the Koran if he wanted to get any more Scotland caps.
I didn't say Islamic world domination. I spoke about Islamic raid mainly in Europe being a step up for Globalization

Fraser Forster for me is a grade above both our other keepers assuming he still motivated, which I take for granted.

Massive keeper

I think he adds massive value to team

both gordon and Bain are very good internationals

But I think big Forster is just a notch above both

Is Forster necessary,,I dont know if I would go as far as saying he is a necessity but I would go as far as saying he is one helluva replacement,I would definitely love to see the outfield equivalents of this man coming in before the window closes.
I have no idea why he was not number 1 at Southampton,maybe it was simple matter of the manager thinking the other guy was a better goalkeeper,,I have no idea either why the Leicester Serpent benched Craig Gordon after the best performance from any Celtic goalkeeper at Ipox since David Marshall...
The other question is will Lenny play him ???, I dont think he has a choice,he brought him back and it was not to make up the numbers on the bench,,,If I am right I think he has to be in for Sunday,he cannot bleed him in Europe,,then on the other hand ?????.HH

Hope he is still a good keeper
Craig Gordon should stay as no1, he was dropped by Brendan unfairly, man of the match against The Rangers, yes, Bains distribution is better, but Gordon is easily the best shot stopper, and that is the most important thing for a goalkeeper.
I am glad to see big Forster back, but he has hardly played in the last 18 months.
We do need two experienced fit goalkeepers, and Craig Gordon has done nothing to deserve being dropped.

Craig Gordon should stay as no1, he was dropped by Brendan unfairly, man of the match against The Rangers, yes, Bains distribution is better, but Gordon is easily the best shot stopper, and that is the most important thing for a goalkeeper.
I am glad to see big Forster back, but he has hardly played in the last 18 months.
We do need two experienced fit goalkeepers, and Craig Gordon has done nothing to deserve being dropped.

You think so johnny?

Im starting to think the shot stopper is a bit of a played out soundbyte myself and i mean no offence to you here ??

Just kept thinking about all those dodgy balls played across the box and him clutching balls as if his hands were dipped in butter.

Clumsy and nerve wracking. I think he should have been dropped.

But for balance BR was the cause of him becoming a nervous nelly with BR’s style of play.

Need a GK that we can rely on and not make us sick with worry.

HH ☘️

I understand Johnny what you are saying.
I was the Leicester serpents biggest critic when he dropped Craig Gordon after a 10 star display at ipox..
Right now I think probably both keepers need a couple of games to get them up to speed but I will not condemn Lennon for his choice because I would be happy with either,,I was not happy with Rogers because I thought Rogers was making a statement and Craig Gordon was the victim of his statement,,it got to a stage where I thought,, this is personal now..
I dont see Lenny bringing back a high profile player then putting him on the bench,but most important I dont see big Fraser coming back without some kind of guarantee,,that he will get his chance sooner rather than later,,,My thoughts Johnny are ...he could have kept the Southampton bench warm,,there is no need for him to travel 500 miles to keep the Parkhead bench warm..
Good luck to both..HH.

I understand Johnny what you are saying.
I was the Leicester serpents biggest critic when he dropped Craig Gordon after a 10 star display at ipox..
Right now I think probably both keepers need a couple of games to get them up to speed but I will not condemn Lennon for his choice because I would be happy with either,,I was not happy with Rogers because I thought Rogers was making a statement and Craig Gordon was the victim of his statement,,it got to a stage where I thought,, this is personal now..
I dont see Lenny bringing back a high profile player then putting him on the bench,but most important I dont see big Fraser coming back without some kind of guarantee,,that he will get his chance sooner rather than later,,,My thoughts Johnny are ...he could have kept the Southampton bench warm,,there is no need for him to travel 500 miles to keep the Parkhead bench warm..
Good luck to both..HH.

A lot of sense in that post GS

Fraser Forster for me is a grade above both our other keepers assuming he still motivated, which I take for granted.

Massive keeper

I think he adds massive value to team

both gordon and Bain are very good internationals

But I think big Forster is just a notch above both

100%. Tet

Reactions: TET
I think this is a fantastic problem to have. Gordon has been (mostly) outstanding for us but as has been rightly stated he struggles with the tippy tappy style of play and doesn't dominate his box. Mostly hangs about his goal line and 6 yard box to make amazing reflex saves. Getting towards the end of a good career.

Bain came in last season and was outstanding for us. He was so good some people argued on here he was worthy of being our player of the season evrn if he only came in early January. I think he needed a rest as he went off the boil early on this season, but training day-to-day with - snd competing against - Gordon and Forster will bring him on further.

IMO Forster is the best goalie we've had a Celtic in my time. I don't think he was given any guarantees about playing but knew he had to do something yo kick start his career. He obviously loved his time up here and so feels comfortable about settling here quickly and confident that working with our under-rated goalkeeper coaching staff will get him up to speed very quickly and do he will grab his chance when it comes.

I think Gordon will start for the next 3 games unless there is something negative happens.

Looks like big Gordons not got a future at Celtic under Lenny which is surprising to me he's a quality international keeper wanted by Chelsea just last season.. same for sinkywhy extend his time by a year yet have him behind Morgan who really should be learning from sinky. Brs change in style pass pass pass don't give the ball away etc is what I put down to the reason why sinky suddenly stopped taking on his man. Still far superior at this moment than Morgan who I personally think needs another season on loan

Members online

Back