Is Steven Fletcher ever the answer

Glasbhoy81

Steven Fletcher as a striker is one of the poorest goal scorers to ever grace the game. A striker who took 12 season to score 100 goals. His highest goal return for a season is 13.
Is this the best Hammond can come up with?
If Celtic sign this waste of a jersey if will severely limit the game time of bayo., Who am sure given the opportunity would score more than him.
Does anyone see the point in signing Fletcher

Steven Fletcher as a striker is one of the poorest goal scorers to ever grace the game. A striker who took 12 season to score 100 goals. His highest goal return for a season is 13.
If Celtic sign this waste of a jersey if will severely limit the game time of bayo., Who am sure given the opportunity would score more than him.
Bayo is away I reckon. Fletcher could do a job domestically, but it'd be a very underwhelming signing, when we're linked with Toney.
But if Griff gets his head together, do we need another striker?
Pretty silent on defensive and winger rumours. Some movement on that front would be welcome.

Bayo is away I reckon. Fletcher could do a job domestically, but it'd be a very underwhelming signing, when we're linked with Toney.
But if Griff gets his head together, do we need another striker?
Pretty silent on defensive and winger rumours. Some movement on that front would be welcome.
The most he ever scored in Scotland was 13 in a full season. That was when he was young and looked like he had something about him. He's never kicked on and has went backwards and is now 33. He's slow as a week in the jail and canny score so what exactly does he bring to the team? He can hold the ball up that's it. So are we going to start playing the long ball game.

If Fletcher is coming in then Bayo is away mate.

The most he ever scored in Scotland was 13 in a full season. That was when he was young and looked like he had something about him. He's never kicked on and has went backwards and is now 33. He's slow as a week in the jail and canny score so what exactly does he bring to the team? He can hold the ball up that's it. So are we going to start playing the long ball game.
I suppose he would offer something different to what we have. Say what you like about his goal ratio, but I believe he'd have a better goals return in SPFL in a free scoring team. I watch a lot of Championship, because I live down south and my mates are Villa and Leeds fans, and it's a tough division.But like I said, it's an underwhelming development if true.

šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘

FECK NAW

He'd be coming in to do a specific job from the bench: provide a physical presence against hammer throwers and force deep-lying defences to push out to counter his aerial prowess (then either scoring or allowing another player to score).

Eddy has been our best post-Henke striker but his skill does not lie in making the ball stick. Bayo has failed abjectly when called upon. The zombies have figured out how to play against our skilful one up front system and now Lenny is adapting.

There's already a thread on this specific player, as well as a more general transfer thread. Both feature pragmatic comments on the player beside bed-wetting negativity.

I understand people wanting a backup plan of a big target man to hurl crosses into the box for, but again I'm not sure that Fletcher will be that successful for us. In the games I've seen of him in recent years I can't remember him using his physicality to dominate large central defenders. I just think that many of the CB hammerthrowers that thrive in our domestic game will outmuscle him. He doesn't have the bustle he had in his youth to counteract this either.

I hope I am very wrong and he isn't the next past-their-prime Dublin, Wright, Keane, Ljunberg, etc, etc, up here for a final payday. But let's be honest - we are better off trusting Lenny's judgement than mine!

If he was scouted and we enquired as to availability then something must be in the plans towards the tactics we will adapt in games, I would not get all upset about it if its a year fro experience, remember Lubo who?
I think the massive difference boab is that pretty much none of us had heard of Lubo before (except for Dr Jo, thankfully) and he was such a gifted skillful player that was still able to perform at a very high level in the twilight of his career. With Fletcher we have all followed his career for 13-14 years and watched him play in dozens and dozens of matches so know exactly what he is capable of.

Good experienced CF played at high level and never won anything that Im aware about, so might be hungry. On top of that he is Scottish and not likely to get bored playing away games in the freezing rain.
Good experienced CF played at high level and never won anything that Im aware about, so might be hungry. On top of that he is Scottish and not likely to get bored playing away games in the freezing rain.
Fairly divides opinion TET but I'm with you here. This season more than ever a decent, experienced player who KNOWS the SPL combat zone AND relatively cheap will prove much more of an asset than Bayo ( whom I hope has found another club ) when the games go into the trenches as they often do in our league

Back