Is Steven Fletcher ever the answer

The more I think about it, I think he would be a more than decent option.

We need a strong passionate Centre forward imo

He has decent pedigree.

He supposedly supports Celtic

Is Scottish and aware of Scottish media and expectations

He is good at what we dont really have presently

By all accounts he is very professional.

Now if there was a younger more prolific option at better wage range then obviously that would trump his acquisition.

Now this comes with the caveat of what he wants wage wise and how much he costs.

But I do think he would be a good fit on with big eddy, fletcher doing the grunt work allowing Eddy to concentrate on flair and creativity.

he would also be decent option from bench if we needed to be more direct.

And I suspect he would be highly motivated since he seems very professional and has very little medals for his efforts in his career.

imo we need a strong striker with good aerial prowess and link up play.

And although there are many I would like.

Financial practicality tells me he would be a decent signing.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, I think he would be a more than decent option.

We need a strong passionate Centre forward imo

He has decent pedigree.

He supposedly supports Celtic

Is Scottish and aware of Scottish media and expectations

He is good at what we dont really have presently

By all accounts he is very professional.

Now if there was a younger more prolific option at better wage range then obviously that would trump his acquisition.

Now this comes with the caveat of what he wants wage wise and how much he costs.

But I do think he would be a good fit on with big eddy, fletcher doing the grunt work allowing Eddy to concentrate on flair and creativity.

he would also be decent option from bench if we needed to be more direct.

And I suspect he would be highly motivated since he seems very professional and has very little medals for his efforts in his career.

imo we need a strong striker with good aerial prowess and link up play.

And although there are many I would like.

Financial practicality tells me he would be a decent signing.
Agree with you Tet,think he will do a job for Celtic he puts in a shift for 90 minutes backs up the defence when needed and is not greedy with the ball,could make a good squad player,the opposition would find him a handful not the sort to push around not frightened to go into the deep end the type you want sat on the bench

Fletcher we dont need for the league but in Europe{especially away} his style of play is ideal, hold up play has always been very good, strong on the ball, strong in the box, but his pace is dodgy for the way we play at home, we are all about pace going forward, would that style suit his, not sure. but im sure of one thing, Lennon knows better that me.

If the question was, what player would you scream OFFS! If you read we were going to buy him for the 10?

Apart from that I cant think of a question that he would be the answer.
Not like you to talk in riddles.

Why no tell us who we should buy?

What wage you fancy giving him. And will he make us better?

Cmon

you know who you dont want.

Never hear who you do actually want.

Back