Is the battle for Europe just as important as 10?

BroonyNeedsAStatue

I'm as upset as anyone with the team seeming to fall apart this past week. All fingers are pointed at Peter Lawell and most likely rightly so. However, I also read about him working the halls of power in Europe to secure a future for Celtic and championship teams in similar situations. There is no doubt that the Champion's League is corrupted (4th place is not a champion.) If PL succeeds and gets Celtic a fair footing over there, does the current chicanery look small in comparison? I don't think it does but a future with no European play just doesn't compute. I've always known Celtic to be battling with the best and giving them a square left hook if they weren't wary.

PL will have no real effect on the big decisions on the CL - the elite nations /Clubs will , as usual , get their way .
I see his appointment either as window dressing or Big Pete is getting ready to up-sticks and move to UEFA on a permanent basis ; the bonuses , though , will have to be good !

HH

he will probably have his on personal ski slope. so he can have a heated driveway or on the flick of a switch a ski slope. whoopee.

PL will have no real effect on the big decisions on the CL - the elite nations /Clubs will , as usual , get their way .
I see his appointment either as window dressing or Big Pete is getting ready to up-sticks and move to UEFA on a permanent basis ; the bonuses , though , will have to be good !

HH
That sounds very plausible.

!0 iar, is off the scale, way more important than ANYTHING else as far as I am concerned.

To me, we were never gonna win anything in Europe anyway, or for the foreseeable future.

Any money we ever get when we DO progress, seems to be filtered into other places or 'pockets' and never on £20m or £30m players.
We have done the impossible in doing the trip-treb, and IT WILL NEVER BE BEATEN, EQUALLED OR SURPASSED BY ANYONE EVER AGAIN.

We have proven beyond any doubt and slain the myths of other lesser clubs that we are the greatest and world's most successful club...EVER.

So, if it means sacrificing Europe and the domestic cups for the present, to get to the next level of notoriety and be welcomed into the deity of the Gods.....it is invitation only, then so be it.

TEN IN A ROW.........is the only objective we have left just now...and nothing must hinder, detract, derail or compromise it..........European Cup...hell we've done that and are the first!
Europa Cup.......ffs, the dregs of Scotland are still in it......what does that say.. nuff said.

We can do it, but it will take all of our concentration and resolve.
How good will it be on our own with no other club to compare our achievements with?

Its getting really lonely up here......and I am loving it.

Veni, Vidi, Vici.

10 in a row, is or should be uppermost in everyone at Celtics thoughts, however I will scream and scream and scream like a spoilt brat if we dont make the Europa group stages. Make no mistake here I didn't want to see one of Europe's behemoths come and give us a tanking (again), but if Neil can settle this side down a decent Europa run ain't beyond them and playing well against stronger teams will give them a bit of belief, but ultimately the league is the Holy Grail for us (the fans) at the moment.

YNWA

I'm as upset as anyone with the team seeming to fall apart this past week. All fingers are pointed at Peter Lawell and most likely rightly so. However, I also read about him working the halls of power in Europe to secure a future for Celtic and championship teams in similar situations. There is no doubt that the Champion's League is corrupted (4th place is not a champion.) If PL succeeds and gets Celtic a fair footing over there, does the current chicanery look small in comparison? I don't think it does but a future with no European play just doesn't compute. I've always known Celtic to be battling with the best and giving them a square left hook if they weren't wary.

As important as 10 IAR is I believe Europe and CL in particular is of more importance because THAT'S where the money is where 10 IAR is parochial and the only thing it brings is Bragging Rights It also brings access to CL by association but if qualifying for CL qualifying rounds we must QUALIFY for Group Stages
So 10 IAR by all means but CL qualification is the bigger of the 2 for me

HH?

Last edited:
As disappointing as it was to exit the CL we have to refocus and set our sights on the Europa league, getting there and having a good run will exorcise the demons of last Tues night. BUT and at the moment its a big BUT, we have to buy in some quality defenders. Look we can score, we proved that, but thats no good if our defence is leaking goals, surely there are some quality defenders out there who want European football and trophys on a domestic scale too. What are our scouts doing or are they being ignored by PL?

It’s a clear indication of how much of a self inflicted ckusterfuck of a situation we are in, that we have to come up with reasons why Europe isn’t as important as 10.

Every single one of us are concerned about Thursday, which in itself is an utter farce and shows how much our board of shitebags and a scouting network and recruitment team who all should be sacked if we fall. Pathetic doesn’t even go near how much all of they useless bastards have dithered and let us slide.

If anybody tries to claim they aren’t worried about AIK and 9, never mind 10, they are either a liar, or a Fucking bared faced liar.

Shambles of epic proportions and all we can hope for is thatvsense prevails and whoever takes the field for us won’t shite it. Turn up we hammer them. One suicidal defensive ballsup and the roof comes down.

COYBIG fight for us.

Last edited:
LAWWELLS INSTRUCTIONS TO SCOUTS..,

'Right, I want ye's to find me the next VVD, V Wanyama or KT.
BUT... Ah'm no payin a fortune, they've got to prove themselves first, then they can kick on doon to the EPL on good money as long as I get a slice of that action.
Oh an I want them found in the next 10 days or ye's are sacked, got it.'
'Right wheres that squad sheet I wrote for Lennon?'

No

Directors not interested in it and wish all the speculation would end ,people want money spent on players ,then same again in january

Then if we got 9 , supporters would want it all over again it's better to blow it and keep the money in the bank and
saves a lot of money

That's why were downsizing

We've been sold a pup in the most important year and like years before it they don't care

The season ticket moneys in the home ticket schemes watertight and there's no wiggle room left for the fans to vent their spleen

Only thing left is for them to count down the last days left of the transfer window

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you are saying AllyBhoy but you asked a question before you gave your choice..
Without a doubt 9 then 10 iar,,,as regards to Europe the board need to show the supporters they want it as much as we do then we have a chance of conquering Europe..HH

To all of the above replies of which I've read and agree with so much of what you've all contributed, however I know we must bring and buy new blood regardless of what we are trying to achieve.

But realistically, a few quid gained by progress into another group in the Europa will not help much, especially when PL's bonus needs to be reconfigured.

His needs are paramount........ and dire....have you seen his last year's winter electricity bill?
Heated driveways are a 45A circuit, (15kw) per every length of 4m squared of driveway (at the least) at 22 pence per KWhr.....added to that the temperature stat switches on at a temp drop just above freezing which for you guys in the west coast is 24hrs per day running costs between December 1st and April 1st......providing there's no more late cold snaps.......Phew!!!
Now.......assuming he lives in a 2 bed bungalow in Newton Mearns.............

So a quick calc says he needs at least 120 days x 24 hours x 15 kw x £0.22p = £9504 minimum.
Thats £9504 plus 5% vat......... and I cant be bothered working out the vat costs....ON TOP!!!
Sorry, but we aint gonna see diddly squat of that Europa league progress money........ its already in his bank 'fraid.

So its as I say guys.....lets take the players we can get and run like fuck until the ten is in the trophy room getting dusted down for our perusal.

......when the ten is a long weekends memory behind us .... and 40 bottles of Stella later, now emptied...unless you're sleeping in michael duffy's.....then lets hit the champs league again, or it'll be diluted too much with other competitions, distractions and concentrations.......between then.....
and like michael's Stella...one dilution too many...........and ten just may be a trophy too far........

..hope its a mild winter down your way this year.....

Hail Hail.

To all of the above replies of which I've read and agree with so much of what you've all contributed, however I know we must bring and buy new blood regardless of what we are trying to achieve.

But realistically, a few quid gained by progress into another group in the Europa will not help much, especially when PL's bonus needs to be reconfigured.

His needs are paramount........ and dire....have you seen his last year's winter electricity bill?
Heated driveways are a 45A circuit, (15kw) per every length of 4m squared of driveway (at the least) at 22 pence per KWhr.....added to that the temperature stat switches on at a temp drop just above freezing which for you guys in the west coast is 24hrs per day running costs between December 1st and April 1st......providing there's no more late cold snaps.......Phew!!!
Now.......assuming he lives in a 2 bed bungalow in Newton Mearns.............

So a quick calc says he needs at least 120 days x 24 hours x 15 kw x £0.22p = £9504 minimum.
Thats £9504 plus 5% vat......... and I cant be bothered working out the vat costs....ON TOP!!!
Sorry, but we aint gonna see diddly squat of that Europa league progress money........ its already in his bank 'fraid.

So its as I say guys.....lets take the players we can get and run like fuck until the ten is in the trophy room getting dusted down for our perusal.

......when the ten is a long weekends memory behind us .... and 40 bottles of Stella later, now emptied...unless you're sleeping in michael duffy's.....then lets hit the champs league again, or it'll be diluted too much with other competitions, distractions and concentrations.......between then.....
and like michael's Stella...one dilution too many...........and ten just may be a trophy too far........

..hope its a mild winter down your way this year.....

Hail Hail.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! ah'll drink tae that tgjc! HH

Back