Is the title already in the bag?

Thai Tim

All this talk about the title already won does us no good at all. Lenny indicated a while back there will be games in the run in where we can play our youngsters, indicating that he considered the title already won. This was bad psychological management. We just scraped through games against teams at the bottom of the league. We are not scoring goals. Our team are playing like we are going through the motions, no extra effort needed until maybe the last 5 minutes. The way we are playing I can easily see us losing to both Aberdeen and Sevco (both away from home). If Sevco keep getting dubious penalties to win games, I can envisage a nervy last game of the season against Hearts at Parkhead. I'm not normally as negative as this, but the complacency in the team is very worrying, plus we have Tierney, Boyata, Christie, Griffiths and Benkovic out. Lenny can't seem to motivate the players. Thank God we have Bain to help us get over the line!

All this talk about the title already won does us no good at all. Lenny indicated a while back there will be games in the run in where we can play our youngsters, indicating that he considered the title already won. This was bad psychological management. We just scraped through games against teams at the bottom of the league. We are not scoring goals. Our team are playing like we are going through the motions, no extra effort needed until maybe the last 5 minutes. The way we are playing I can easily see us losing to both Aberdeen and Sevco (both away from home). If Sevco keep getting dubious penalties to win games, I can envisage a nervy last game of the season against Hearts at Parkhead. I'm not normally as negative as this, but the complacency in the team is very worrying, plus we have Tierney, Boyata, Christie, Griffiths and Benkovic out. Lenny can't seem to motivate the players. Thank God we have Bain to help us get over the line!

As you said we have Bain who is playing out of his skin

Losing 3 goals domestically since New Year 1 a penalty and 1 a sleekit goal from a sleekit team and the Kent goal that he just couldn't get enough behind to stop he really has contributed to our Treble efforts
If he had been between the sticks on 29th December I don't think we'd have lost We may not have won but we wouldn't have list

Having lost 1 goal in the League Cup run as we as the 3 aforementioned goals I wonder had he been 1st choice from the start of the season when would the League have been sealed and how mu h further could we have gone in Europe?

Yes I know he conceded 3 goals v Valencia but might we have qualified for the Champions League We only lost out on that by the odd goal after all

I think Bain is the most underestimated player in the 1st team squad

All we need is a draw v Aberdeen and the League is ours and with Bain not conceeding I fully expect the Title to be wrapped up this weekend

Playing Hearts on the final day of the League season I don't fancy playing our 1st choice players as they may very wel be susceptible to injury in the run up to the same Hearts team in the Scottish Cup Final

HH?

The answer to the original question, not mathematically but in reality yes it is over. Since winter break we have played 15 league games, winning 12 and drawing 3. We have lost 3 goals in that time and had 12 clean sheets. Form is temporary, and even an out of form Celtic are not losing. This team turn up when it matters and I expect a tough, tight game at Pittodrie but a narrow Celtic win.

I hope your right.
The answer to the original question, not mathematically but in reality yes it is over. Since winter break we have played 15 league games, winning 12 and drawing 3. We have lost 3 goals in that time and had 12 clean sheets. Form is temporary, and even an out of form Celtic are not losing. This team turn up when it matters and I expect a tough, tight game at Pittodrie but a narrow Celtic win.
I hope you are right Gary, but currently I see us like a leading horse in the Grand National, after the last jump on the long run to the winning post, running out of steam as it grinds it's way to the finishing line and there's a horse behind catching us at every stride with a possibility of a photo finish. I think Lenny should have made it clear the league was not won until it's mathematically impossible to lose, instead of talk about finding opportunities for fringe players to get some experience "when" the league is won. When Brendan left us and Lenny took over, I was optimistic he would do a good job, but my estimation of his managerial ability has diminished. Should we lose on Saturday against Aberdeen, which I believe could easily happen given our inability to score goals, we face Sevco at Ibrox. Previous league results should be dismissed and we should be treating every game like a cup final, which unfortunately I don't see any evidence of. Maybe I'm just panicking and we have nothing to worry about but personally, I am really worried we're going to make a huge cock up of this! We need our players to start playing out of their skins from the first minute as if there's a championship to be fought for and won!

I can envisage a nervy last game of the season against Hearts at Parkhead. I'm not normally as negative as this, but the complacency in the team is very worrying, plus we have Tierney, Boyata, Christie, Griffiths and Benkovic out. Lenny can't seem to motivate the players. Thank God we have Bain to help us get over the line!
I said the other day that it will be Bain who gets us over the line by keeping clean sheets, and he will. Still, it would be nice if at least one of our goal scorers found their shooting boots. Eh Eddy, Jamsie, Callum, big Tam, gonny eh gonny just score.

Sounds a wee bit like some Dingwall propaganda to me.

I don't remember Lennon indicating what you claim.

Reference please.

Scraped through games my arse. Not burying many doesn't mean we scraped through at all. Again you want to claim something subjective, and clearly so subjective it borders on the ridiculous, then put up the statistics of the games you claim Celtic were lucky to win.

Your not normally as negative as this? I beg to differ, you talk utter negativity every single time you open a thread, or worse than negativity introduce some really toxic nonsense, or anything designed to irritate the irascible appetite.

the complacency in the team? Again grinding out victories isn't same a s complacency.

Fair play to Sevco for at least keeping the gap down, but maybe just maybe the anybody but Celtic machine is doing enough to get them points at all costs.

Lenny can motivate the players fine. In fact I would say our form under Lennon has been much better than under Rodgers, and he managing to do it with players we actually own.

From beginning of season till now we have been pretty dire with underperforming players and a very unbalanced squad. And with hindsight I put that all down to dodgy Rodgers.

When Rodgers bailed out with many, many more games to go than presently Lennon has done a fine job of steadying a wonky ship, and taking the team through some dodgy matches to keep the treble treble alive.

I salute Lennon. These are not his players. Not his unbalanced team. Not his half hearted, perhaps over bloated wage players.

Lets look at the team a little closer.

Bain has been good in goal, deserves his run in team. But Gordon wasn't exactly the worst player in team. I like both keepers. I trust both keepers.

lustig has been much better under Lennon. that alone is one of the reasons team looks safer at back. still need an upgrade. Lennon has motivated Lustig imo.

Simunovic. Again I've been happy with his performances under Lennon. well done Lenny.

Ajer been good under both Lennon and Rodgers imo.

Tierney out injured, injury probably reason he hasn't really been as on fire this season, still best left back in Scotland imo, replacements have been ok if not spectacular. but hardly awful.

brown and McGregor have been solid in midfield under Lennon, nothing spectacular but its been a long hard season with lot of guff to deal with, a final push from the engine will push us over the line.

Rogic been injured again, quality when he flowing, but coming into some regular match appearances, might just be the spark we need to win next match.

Sinclair has been rank rotten all season, but still his goals have been very valuable, so despite being gash at doing his dribbles he still been very good goal machine along with James Forrest. who for me was our player of season. can be frustrating but still some of his goals and skills this season have been awesome.

big eddy up front. not a cf for me. id like him to replace Sinclair and get hold of 30 goal hitman in number 9 slot.

And that's the position that cots us a much easier title this season. IMO

Dembele left never replaced and tbh I wanted someone more gaol friendly than Dembele, Griffiths is my favourite striker at club. but guess he is just no well. But I would love someone who can do what Dembele did and score 30 goals + as well. Expensive I guess that why we haven't got that player at moment.

But this doom and gloom shish kebab is Dingwall propaganda.

3 games go 9 points ahead

WTF

Now I never count chickens before they hatch.
But Lennon has not lost game yet. we have hardly lost any goals even though we haven't been fnishing off chances we normally would have, we are not losing games every week.

Now don't count your chickens but at least be bloody confident.

I think we will win last 3 games
But I always think we can beat every team.

I at worst would see us getting 2 points out of last 3 games, but I suspect we will beat Aberdeen next match.

Should we be running about celebrating before then.

NO

But if you listen to The Dingwall stooges then why bother watching Celtic.

Despite all the problems off field we have better players than deadco
We have more stability on and off the pitch
We have more experienced managers
We have real money in the bank
We have incredible experience at getting over the line.

But flat earth man is nervous about our chances.

And his wonky eyes, which just so happen to coincide with the blue pounds mad cap theory that Celtic struggling to score gaols means we will lost our last 3 matches.

Take your toxic nonsense tt and give it to the fishes.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back