Is this the next Hun Skelper?

Over the last too many years every striker we have bought, excluding Eddy and Moussa have been dire. I've watched the YouTube of this guy and in that he doesn't look great. I'm hoping if we do get him he isn't another Murphy, Bagurra etc. Time will tell.
Think Murphy just got caught for cocaine use,probably on it when he played for us cos he was pish!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think that Murphy just got caught for t had
were unvv who the fuck our scoutsme windercocaine use,probably on it when he played for us cos he was pish!!

They have all been pish. Some so unbelievably shit that you wondered who the fuck was in charge of recruitment. This guy doesn't look great, Bayo looked as good and that's a worry because he is in the same b
.mould as the rest who moved us nowhere except to a lower bank balance for fuck all. At least we are not looking in the £2m punt bin that never ends well.. hopefully he is quality. It would make a totally unexpected change. The money we have wasted on shit strikers could bail out Greece.

Got to agree that what's on youtube doesn't inspire about tho fella but that's never a good conductor to how good he really is, does seem to enjoy a hell of a lot of time on the ball over there.
Been a few decades since a transfer has been splashed all over the media, a desperate move perhaps?
Hopefully our days of signing the £2-3 mill dreck with scouting that makes no sense are over, Teemu Pukki sticks out for me even tho he's doing okay now, but he was really bad in his time here!

What's everybody's thoughts on the boy Brophy?

I know he's not top quality, but he has a track-record in this league and he's a known quantity.

I reckon Griff is the better option, but as a mid-season stopgap, does anybody reckon he's worth a punt?

I haven't seen enough of him to form a proper opinion, but he puts himself aboot and might just tide us over for the run-in.

£7 mill seems a bit of a gamble for Sporar. If we're intending on spending that amount, would it no be better to go the extra mile and bring in some proven quality?

Then again, I'm struggling for quality names in that bracket...........any suggestions?

I know he's not top quality, but he has a track-record in this league and he's a known quantity.

I reckon Griff is the better option, but as a mid-season stopgap, does anybody reckon he's worth a punt?

I haven't seen enough of him to form a proper opinion, but he puts himself aboot and might just tide us over for the run-in.

£7 mill seems a bit of a gamble for Sporar. If we're intending on spending that amount, would it no be better to go the extra mile and bring in some proven quality?

Then again, I'm struggling for quality names in that bracket...........any suggestions?
Hes a decent player SP but would you rather take Cosgrove at Aberdeen?Not a massive fan of either player but think i would take Cosgrove because he offers somethin a bit different.

Hes a decent player SP but would you rather take Cosgrove at Aberdeen?Not a massive fan of either player but think i would take Cosgrove because he offers somethin a bit different.
I'm inclined to agree, Art.......could do with a big physical target man just to mix it up a bit against packed defences.

Like yourself, cannae say either of them get the juices flowing, but it's definitely a position where we need a bit of depth.

I'm not much of a fan of Cosgrove or Brophy but both have a good goal scoring track record in the SPFL and we need that to win the league, as well as a European quality player so maybe either is worth a punt.

Like Pedmc I think Dykes may be OK for us too. Although against us he played more like a sevco player - he wouldn't get away with those countless niggly fouls playing in the hoops!

Then again, I'm struggling for quality names ts the best of his clios. in that bracket...........any suggestions?
For £7m in another shit league, he looks average and not worth anywhere near that amount. I have a feeling he will be shit if thats the best of him. We play a tight passing game outside the box and his touch looked not up to that. I may just be suffering from the ghost of Strikers past, who have all been a waste of fucking time and money. Apart from a select few, our bought strikers have been farcical. My hopes for this guy from his YouTube seems another waste of even more money and for that money I would have hoped he looked as if he had a bitmore than just a big forward. Bayo is another in a long line of duds and this guy looks in the same class. £7m looks far too much to pay on the evidence we have. High hopes but zero confidence it won't turn out another waste of money.

Really can't have utter shite like Cosgrove, brophy n dykes anywhere near Paradise unless they're more cannon fodder for other Scottish teams. They are really awful players, McKenna?...please!!!! We need to understand Celtic needs n deserves a higher quality of player than these carthorses.
Congertons gone! Onwards n upwards Celtic 🍀

Really can't have utter shite like Cosgrove, brophy n dykes anywhere near Paradise unless they're more cannon fodder for other Scottish teams. They are really awful players, McKenna?...please!!!! We need to understand Celtic needs n deserves a higher quality of player than these carthorses.
Congertons gone! Onwards n upwards Celtic 🍀
Well said Maestro! merry Christmas! ☘ 🎅🍺

Back