Is this transfer turning into McGinn part 2?

I really hope thats not the case Brimcbhoy, but because of my deep mistrust of all uk media I will wait to the end of the window closing, if its same old same old I will be blowing a fuse like most of us on here mate, im also just as excited for players leaving and trimming the squad down to sensible levels, this wage bill is making PL arse tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.

Why would that have stopped the selling club creating an auction?

Ive never heard of the dude or the club which is usually what makes a players value reach for the sky.

Mcginn for 3 million in last year of contract was not worth what Celtic bid. He wasnt really guaranteed games at Celtic. And to be honest I dont think he would have improved our midfield this season.

Cant quite get my head round the Celtic supporters who buy into the msm tosh.

You can bet your life the MSM want Celtic to overspend and throw more money down the pan.

We need a high quality striker who can lead the line and play in front of 60000 fans who aint gonna hate the weather in the country. Even English people find it difficult to cope with the constant mediocre cold weather.

All our exotic players play much worse in the cold months.

Sky sports in particular talk a whole load of bumph and link Celtic with the weirdest striking options then pump out mad prices.

@ million for a complete unknown from some mad unknown team?????

If we were getting mcginn for cheap then worth a punt. I for one havent been that impressed with any players we have signed from another Scottish premier team for a long time.

Mulumbo looked good at killie
HAyes looked great at Aberdeen
Mcginn l.ooked good at Hibs

I dont think McGinn was worth 3 million. Far too much for someone who would be bit part player this season.

The young dude eboue cost 3 million or so and he hardly ever gets a game.

We need better first team players.
We need to punt bit parters
We need to get the op costs much more healthy
And we need to spend the money we have available wisely.

And trusting the MSM over the board is madness.

But here is the dilemma?

We're not privy to the finer details of the deal, we're depending upon a comment by a streda representative that an offer was made.

We don't know if there is a fixed-fee, buy-out clause, or if Streda are trying to kick start an auction?

At this stage, it's pretty harsh to determine if PL has screwed up, as Streda have skin in the game and want to maximise their profit.

If the deal gets scuppered because of genuine penny-pinching in the end game, then fair enough!

As far as we are led to believe, a proposal has been made and that's all.

My whole point, one that has clearly gone over everyones head so I'll make it again. Brendan Rodgers has identified this player as someone he wants. I presume P LAWWELL is conducting the negotiations and is once again in danger of fucking it up with his penny pinching attitude. 1.75m is a derisory bid in this day and age for a Striker.FFS.

My whole point, one that has clearly gone over everyones head so I'll make it again. Brendan Rodgers has identified this player as someone he wants. I presume P LAWWELL is conducting the negotiations and is once again in danger of fucking it up with his penny pinching attitude. 1.75m is a derisory bid in this day and age for a Striker.FFS.
I think we got the point, mate, I'm not sure you did though.

If there is a SET price for the player, then Celtic should submit the appropriate bid. If there is no set price, then who decides what the starting point should be?

The media?

We don't know if that's the case because we're not privy to the details.

Why would that have stopped the selling club creating an auction?

Ive never heard of the dude or the club which is usually what makes a players value reach for the sky.

Mcginn for 3 million in last year of contract was not worth what Celtic bid. He wasnt really guaranteed games at Celtic. And to be honest I dont think he would have improved our midfield this season.

Cant quite get my head round the Celtic supporters who buy into the msm tosh.

You can bet your life the MSM want Celtic to overspend and throw more money down the pan.

We need a high quality striker who can lead the line and play in front of 60000 fans who aint gonna hate the weather in the country. Even English people find it difficult to cope with the constant mediocre cold weather.

All our exotic players play much worse in the cold months.

Sky sports in particular talk a whole load of bumph and link Celtic with the weirdest striking options then pump out mad prices.

@ million for a complete unknown from some mad unknown team?????

If we were getting mcginn for cheap then worth a punt. I for one havent been that impressed with any players we have signed from another Scottish premier team for a long time.

Mulumbo looked good at killie
HAyes looked great at Aberdeen
Mcginn l.ooked good at Hibs

I dont think McGinn was worth 3 million. Far too much for someone who would be bit part player this season.

The young dude eboue cost 3 million or so and he hardly ever gets a game.

We need better first team players.
We need to punt bit parters
We need to get the op costs much more healthy
And we need to spend the money we have available wisely.

And trusting the MSM over the board is madness.
This is my day today for thanking you posters that can see beyond what the media want us to see so we start criticising our club. Thanks for these excellent explanations TET and SP. I just wish some fans would look a little bit further and question more where these headlines come from.

This is my day today for thanking you posters that can see beyond what the media want us to see so we start criticising our club. Thanks for these excellent explanations TET and SP. I just wish some fans would look a little bit further and question more where these headlines come from.
The article I posted was from VideoCelts smart arse.

McGinn not worth 3 million you’re having a laugh he’s doubled that value already that we can’t afford him now pl was to blame no doubt about it the scum wouldn’t have ran over him same they did the rest on Saturday pl and the board don’t give a fuck about celtic fans and you’ll see just that in this window as for tet are you suggesting we would be better off without Rodgers and keep the board I don’t believe MSM shite either but I also don’t believe or trust pl or the board same board who’s willing to ban there own fans before they’ll defend us or club

McGinn not worth 3 million you’re having a laugh he’s doubled that value already that we can’t afford him now pl was to blame no doubt about it the scum wouldn’t have ran over him same they did the rest on Saturday pl and the board don’t give a fuck about celtic fans and you’ll see just that in this window as for tet are you suggesting we would be better off without Rodgers and keep the board I don’t believe MSM shite either but I also don’t believe or trust pl or the board same board who’s willing to ban there own fans before they’ll defend us or club

False logic.

Before he signed for AV he was in last year of contract at hibs.
He was not worth 3 million in our market.
But in Championship market he may well have been worth 3 million.

HAd he signed for Celtic would he have got game time that would double his value?
Doubt it.

I suspect he would have cracked under the 60k pressure like mulumbo who actaully had a EPL level exposure and was free.

Is mulumbo a 6 million player now?
HAd he signed for AV and got the same game time and played as well as he did at Killie then he would be 6 million plus in that stupid market.

But Celtic arent in that market. Our players are miles better than any Championship club but their value is much lowerthan they would be if they played at their current levels in that league.

Thats what sky subsidition does. It overinflates certain markets and crushes non sunisidsed markets and it creates havoc in the non sub markets coz non subbed markets cant compete for wages.

So had mcgin cmae to cletic and got game time he may well have been worth the 3 million outlay.

But it was a risk and when he already had better players and the fact he didnt improve the first 11 it was a stupid move. Besides the fact that was made clear to him made him choose AV who offered better terms and more game time which is what he needed and Celtic couldnt guarantee.

Personally I’d pick McGinn every time over Ntcham he hasn’t kicked a ball or looked interested in months Rogic the same Forrest been seen in flashes not enough input in games Rogic been missing for over 6 games brown not upto speed Sinclair not consistent enough value of all in you’re market tet ....... by the way I’ve seen a lot worse than what we have now but I’ve never seen. A team as poor as we were on sat. No heart no fight no guts indefensible for a celtic team McGinn worth more now than any of above players that’s a fact

I really hope thats not the case Brimcbhoy, but because of my deep mistrust of all uk media I will wait to the end of the window closing, if its same old same old I will be blowing a fuse like most of us on here mate, im also just as excited for players leaving and trimming the squad down to sensible levels, this wage bill is making PL arse tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.

Well said, Benignus. Folk on here are getting all hot and bothered about hun meeja gossip.

Reactions: TET
I think McGinn is a good player by the way. Just dont think he was worth bidding war with AV.

All the french amigos plus boyata have been underpar since the summer debacle.
Sinclair hasnt been good enough either. But i think thats down to whatever games the manager was up to in summer to make them all down tools.

I havent been impressed with team since we signed compper and Hendry

And to be honest i blame the manager for all the misshaps.
We have needed quality right back for two seasons at least.

We have needed better options up front for 2 seasosn at least

The manager has nearly doubled the players wages in that time and wasted lots of money on bit parts or projects and has managed to piss off the better players despite giving them all wage rises or at least offering them.

I also havent been impressed with rodgers media chats or his game changing tactics and a general couldnt really care less tone with the superficail smiles.

I suspect he created the havoc in the summer and i suspect the reason he is deliverately playing odd team selctions in away games is to show up the lack of depth- which if thats true then as far as im concerned rodgers can get to.

I think 50 percent of the fanbase could do a better job with our current squad than rodgers done this season. If ronny diela had produced the gash we put out at times this season and most embaracingly at sanke mountain he would be sacked.

Rodgers cant spot quality at affordable prices/wages. The fact he rates congerton with his history tells you a story in itself.

With ginger bottles the other clubs are competing with roidgers teamselections despite the obvious gulf in class between the players available.

The lack of urgency about his game plans when its not working makes me wonder if he deliberatly throwing it.

Personally I’d pick McGinn every time over Ntcham he hasn’t kicked a ball or looked interested in months Rogic the same Forrest been seen in flashes not enough input in games Rogic been missing for over 6 games brown not upto speed Sinclair not consistent enough value of all in you’re market tet ....... by the way I’ve seen a lot worse than what we have now but I’ve never seen. A team as poor as we were on sat. No heart no fight no guts indefensible for a celtic team McGinn worth more now than any of above players that’s a fact
Agree with you on Broony n Sinclair but Ntcham is sheer class n Jamsie been playing his best football of his career

Bit knee jerk reactions off many Tims because of the disappointment at sevco ASDA but we gave same performance at Hamilton etc. Aye, we were shite but we still have the exceptional players and an inspirational top class manager as well as a steel hard foundation to our club which should never be forgotten!

Don't worry about the new Huns, their criminal empire will fall just like their last one.. and the one before that... AND the one before that!

Double treble n be invincibles? I can't do that even on fifa!
GBTC ?

We are Celtic! And it is right a

We are in the best shape I have witnessed in my lifetime! These are magnificent days we're living in in n I take the bad performance against the new Huns as I did watching the 2-1 defeat at Kilmarnock

The current team is already down in history as double treble winners!

Got to agree with tet on most of the team selections away from home any decent football fan could see we weren’t up for it after 15 minutes on sat and team players and formations all wrong and should have been changed as quick as possible to play cal at lb and not where’s he’s been best this season was criminal and Mikey as an out ball shocking it’s not knee jerk reactions we’ve been guff away from home all season apart from a few last season he played strongest team away from home in league we played well made changes for home games weaker team and we dropped far too many points so in reality learned nothing as for Europe least said the better but as always faithful to to end but having an opinion on celtic and the board sometimes it has to be said we shall see if they have our club at heart or not and if he thinks Rodgers can’t be backed then he should have sacked him in summer like all good relationships no trust it’s bust and I do also think that brendan has been playing games wae team and board and if that is the case wrong in so many levels and if he hasn’t then I’m really worried .for maestro yes I also thinks Ntcham had a touch of class about him but where has he been hiding it he just doesn’t look interested at all but like all celtic fans we live in hope there’s a master plan hail hail

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back