It's Christie's Turn

If these two Bhoys want to move on then we dont need to ask the question,is it for silverware or just silver..
If what we see here today and the clubs quoted to be interested in these Bhoys then I think we can safely say it is on their part not silverware but silver,and on the clubs part I would say it is about survival in the English Premiership.
If this is the mentality of their ambition then maybe we have given them a wee bit more credit than they were due..
Still two great players on their day,but how will the feel when they realise they are little fish in a BIG pond..

HH.

If these two Bhoys want to move on then we dont need to ask the question,is it for silverware or just silver..
If what we see here today and the clubs quoted to be interested in these Bhoys then I think we can safely say it is on their part not silverware but silver,and on the clubs part I would say it is about survival in the English Premiership.
If this is the mentality of their ambition then maybe we have given them a wee bit more credit than they were due..
Still two great players on their day,but how will the feel when they realise they are little fish in a BIG pond..

HH.
I think its a bit too simplistic to say its silverware or money. Every player with ability will want to test themselves against the best. They will never do that here. They will never gain the recognition of their ability playing in our shithouse of a league. Did VVD go to Southampton thinking that was it? Did he fuck, he knew it was a stepping stone to bigger things, same deal if Christie goes to Burnley. I never have a problem if players want to test themselves, and they have every right to look togainas high wages as every other working man. This romantic notion of staying with us because we win things is just that, a romantic notion that pays no regard to reality. The issue for us is not that they will leave for new challenges, but that we use the money to continue edging forward. I have more difficulty in that scenario than any player wanting to move on. The former is inevitable,the latter is never done. Thats the bastard thing we should be fucked off with.

Members online

Back