It's only 4 years since sevco couldn't get out the Scottish championship

Timbo

Sunday 31st May 2015, the final aggregate score in the spl play off was 6-1 for Motherwell and sevco remained in the championship.

4 years later and they're breathing down our necks when the reality is they shouldn't be anywhere near us.

They've got a chance this year of preventing 9 in a row and it's a realistic chance and they know it ,even the bookmakers think so, skybet have just shortened them into 13/8 from a close season price of 4/1 with Celtic going out to 4/9 from 1/5 in places.

The reality is unbelievable that out with our defensive problems we could be an injury to Edouard away from a crises, if he gets injured who's going to take over from him? i think the jury is still out on Mickey Johnston and as much as i love Griff, i don't think we can rely on him just now.

Are sevco getting better or are we standing still or even going backwards? ok we've won the treble treble, but it's not that difficult to do against the teams we're up against in our league, it's my opinion we should have won every treble since sevco went tits up.

The common denominator for every problem we have is Peter lawwell, he's the real reason that sevco's even got a sniff of a chance of catching us, he's also the reason we've done nothing in Europe for years.

He employed Neil Lennon only because he was the cheapest option available.

I know that Peter Lawwell gets emails and videos sent to him every other week from agents trying to sell players, but before he even looks at a player his first question is "how much" Ebenezer Scrooge hasn't a patch on Lawwell..for me he's got to go and he can take Neil Lennon with him, Neil's had his day but it's over now.

The Celtic fans demand and deserve better than them...HH

Sunday 31st May 2015, the final aggregate score in the spl play off was 6-1 for Motherwell and sevco remained in the championship.

4 years later and they're breathing down our necks when the reality is they shouldn't be anywhere near us.

They've got a chance this year of preventing 9 in a row and it's a realistic chance and they know it ,even the bookmakers think so, skybet have just shortened them into 13/8 from a close season price of 4/1 with Celtic going out to 4/9 from 1/5 in places.

The reality is unbelievable that out with our defensive problems we could be an injury to Edouard away from a crises, if he gets injured who's going to take over from him? i think the jury is still out on Mickey Johnston and as much as i love Griff, i don't think we can rely on him just now.

Are sevco getting better or are we standing still or even going backwards? ok we've won the treble treble, but it's not that difficult to do against the teams we're up against in our league, it's my opinion we should have won every treble since sevco went tits up.

The common denominator for every problem we have is Peter lawwell, he's the real reason that sevco's even got a sniff of a chance of catching us, he's also the reason we've done nothing in Europe for years.

He employed Neil Lennon only because he was the cheapest option available.

I know that Peter Lawwell gets emails and videos sent to him every other week from agents trying to sell players, but before he even looks at a player his first question is "how much" Ebenezer Scrooge hasn't a patch on Lawwell..for me he's got to go and he can take Neil Lennon with him, Neil's had his day but it's over now.

The Celtic fans demand and deserve better than them...HH
I have to say that I agree with a good deal of your post and disagree with some other parts, Timbo.

The unfortunate thing is that it's a really difficult subject to debate because of the silence eminating from the hierarchy at the club.

We, the fans, don't really know what's going on and that's a problem within itself. All we can do is speculate and theorise and that doesn't help anyone in these circumstances.

The lack of awareness will soon permeate throughout the stadium and that directly affects performances. Many fans are dubious and suspicious at the moment, even advocates of the board (like myself) are finding it difficult to construct a plausible counter-argument based on the lack of information.

I don't believe we're at DEFCON 5 yet, but we're definitely swimming with the sharks nearby.

I dont believe the board will see what's happening as a failure on their part. The silence will not be because they are embarrassed by what's going on. They will remain silent hoping it all blows over.
Our board would have set out their hopes for the season before it kicked off.
Stay just ahead of the pack. Spend as little as possible. Sell as much players as possible.
The champions league would have been a side note. If we get there then good. If we dont we will make up the loses with the sale of our players.
£25 mill for Tierney. No doubt a bid coming for Ntcham soon (the reason he was played on Tuesday IMO) and possibly the sale of a couple more players.
Lawwell wont be kicked out because he hasn't failed on his pre-season remit.
They cant tell us that as they and fans want completely different things.

Daft comparison I know but, when Jeremy hunt was health secretary and the NHS was being run into the ground the public were bemused about how he could keep his position. The Tory leadership kept quiet. Not condemning or praising him. The reason for this, I believe, was because thats exactly what the tory leadership wanted. But they couldn't tell the public that. So they kept quiet. They wanted a failing NHS so as to privatise the industry. Hunt was doing what he was supposed to do.

Lawwell is doing what hes supposed to do. Lowering the wage bill. Making profit, wether that's through football or the sale of players doesnt matter to the board. How can the board or leadership get rid of a guy who's doing the job hes supposed to be doing??

SP, I'm genuinely concerned about us this year, i think the game coming up against sevco will tell us more, it's obvious we've got plenty of problems and I've not even mentioned the keeper situation yet.

For me it's not about who's the best keeper but it's who's not as bad as the other as they're both liabilities.

I'm hyperventilating just thinking that sevco can even think about getting near us this season,i know they'll be a load of sleepless nights between now and may next year..shitting maself is an understatement.

I dont believe the board will see what's happening as a failure on their part. The silence will not be because they are embarrassed by what's going on. They will remain silent hoping it all blows over.
Our board would have set out their hopes for the season before it kicked off.
Stay just ahead of the pack. Spend as little as possible. Sell as much players as possible.
The champions league would have been a side note. If we get there then good. If we dont we will make up the loses with the sale of our players.
£25 mill for Tierney. No doubt a bid coming for Ntcham soon (the reason he was played on Tuesday IMO) and possibly the sale of a couple more players.
Lawwell wont be kicked out because he hasn't failed on his pre-season remit.
They cant tell us that as they and fans want completely different things.

Daft comparison I know but, when Jeremy hunt was health secretary and the NHS was being run into the ground the public were bemused about how he could keep his position. The Tory leadership kept quiet. Not condemning or praising him. The reason for this, I believe, was because thats exactly what the tory leadership wanted. But they couldn't tell the public that. So they kept quiet. They wanted a failing NHS so as to privatise the industry. Hunt was doing what he was supposed to do.

Lawwell is doing what he is supposed to do. Lowering the wage bill. Making profit, wether that's through football or the sale of players doesnt matter to the board. How can the board or leadership get rid of a guy who's doing the job hes supposed to be doing??

Lubo to maintain the top spot or even in other clubs position remain in the game, you have to cut your cloth accordingly, we exited CL, so you cut your cloth to fit the domestic, do you see anything thats not cutting our cloth accordingly domestically, undefeated and in three cups, so the season has not yet begun to assess wether we have stagnated domestically.
The game continue tommorow different tournament an the quest to retain a treble.Just for the record Sevco are firing on debt steriods, there will come a time in the season that the debt has tobe repaid, all has went quiet in the media, Celtic stories and negativity are allowing people to take their eye off the ball. HH

SP, I'm genuinely concerned about us this year, i think the game coming up against sevco will tell us more, it's obvious we've got plenty of problems and I've not even mentioned the keeper situation yet.

For me it's not about who's the best keeper but it's who's not as bad as the other as they're both liabilities.

I'm hyperventilating just thinking that sevco can even think about getting near us this season,i know they'll be a load of sleepless nights between now and may next year..shitting maself is an understatement.
If you cannot accept been beaten then football is not the sport to follow, there are 36 games of football to be played outwith cup runs. Show me the team with the legs and finance to take this on. It will be Celtic to claim their rightful 9.

Lubo to maintain the top spot or even in other clubs position remain in the game, you have to cut your cloth accordingly, we exited CL, so you cut your cloth to fit the domestic, do you see anything thats not cutting our cloth accordingly domestically, undefeated and in three cups, so the season has not yet begun to assess wether we have stagnated domestically.
The game continue tommorow different tournament an the quest to retain a treble.Just for the record Sevco are firing on debt steriods, there will come a time in the season that the debt has tobe repaid, all has went quiet in the media, Celtic stories and negativity are allowing people to take their eye off the ball. HH

That's my point boab. A lot of people are calling for PLs head and I understand why.
They believe shareholders and board members should be forcing Lawwell out. But why would they. He is achieving what hes probably been asked to achieve.

As depressed as I was I dont think we are in crisis player wise.
I believe it was gross tactical ineptitude from Lennon/Kennedy.
Gimme Hayes at left back,Calum in the middle and Christie supporting Edouard and I think we would have pumped them with the only change being Hayes for Johnstone. So there !! :cool::cool::cool:

As depressed as I was I dont think we are in crisis player wise.
I believe it was gross tactical ineptitude from Lennon/Kennedy.
Gimme Hayes at left back,Calum in the middle and Christie supporting Edouard and I think we would have pumped them with the only change being Hayes for Johnstone. So there !! :cool::cool::cool:
Thats what it's about CU opinions we all know how we like to see the game played, which is why we are fans.

Make profit. Win the league.
Champions league would be a bonus but not vital.
As a business man what would you do if you were told to make profit. Spend a shit load of cash in the hope of possibly making the champs league knowing that you could still fail. Then what. You have wasted a load of cash for nothing and failed in your targets....or.....understand that you are sitting on expensive assets (players) that you could make you that profit...the champions league would be a bonus but not the be all end all.

3x3 he has and the proof is in the pudding.

The question is then, do the board tell us the truth? That this is how they want to run the club.
Probably not. An attitude like that wont shift season tickets.
Which means the fans, who are happy with winning domestic trophies, but want to see Celtic in europe will be disappointed and angry with the board when we fail.
The people running the club need to start speaking with the fans. It's all well and good talking about hotels and having festivals. But what is their vision for the actual team.
Champions league??
Europa league??
Domestic success??

Make profit. Win the league.
Champions league would be a bonus but not vital.
As a business man what would you do if you were told to make profit. Spend a shit load of cash in the hope of possibly making the champs league knowing that you could still fail. Then what. You have wasted a load of cash for nothing and failed in your targets....or.....understand that you are sitting on expensive assets (players) that you could make you that profit...the champions league would be a bonus but not the be all end all.
I would give up CL and Europa for the 9 tommorow, remember Sevco have to stay in Europa for a wonga wedge to give to creditors, they are not turning any profit anytime soon and are condemmed tothe loans, King will not set foot in Glasgow once the bills are formalised in the courts. Forfeit Europe and go for the titles and crush them.

If there's one positive to come from Tuesday, it's that we now know that we're not as good as we thought we were and that there are problems in the team that should have been addressed earlier, but need to be addressed now.

I'm still not convinced by sevco, but we've struggled against the high-press and we sometimes get hustled out of games.

Lenny has two two weeks to come up with the solution, Timbo, I sincerely hope he does, but this game against them can be season defining and he has to get it right!

We are not in crisis - but that is not the point of most of these posts . The original post stated that 4 years ago Sevco were in the Championship and struggling .

If we had done the right things we would be light years ahead by now with no possibility of being caught . Can anyone truthfully say that that is the case today ?
Yes , there is still everything to play for in the domestic game - but fans are not convinced that we are going in the right direction . The signals from the Board are that we are happy to cut our wage bill and still make a profit - even if that means selling our best players and weakening the team .

I have growing doubts about the managers ability to make the correct tactical decisions after the fiasco of Tuesday night . These doubts are not eased by the actions of the Board who appointed him , and their continued silence in the face of growing supporter disquiet is too reminiscent of a Board which was eventually kicked out in the 90's .
Keeping your head down and hoping things will blow over is no way for a management which shares supporters pain to behave . But , do they share our pain ? From their actions it is clear that they do not share our ambitions .
Are they , like some supporters , only hoping that Sevco will implode financially and that will get us off the hook ? That is a poor business plan and certainly shows no real ambition for Celtic .

HH

The question is then, do the board tell us the truth? That this is how they want to run the club.
Probably not. An attitude like that wont shift season tickets.
Which means the fans, who are happy with winning domestic trophies, but want to see Celtic in europe will be disappointed and angry with the board when we fail.
The people running the club need to start speaking with the fans. It's all well and good talking about hotels and having festivals. But what is their vision for the actual team.
Champions league??
Europa league??
Domestic success??

the people running the club need to start speaking with the fans. It's all well and good talking about hotels and having festivals. But what is their vision for the actual team.

Maybe that is the long term vision, maybe the breakaway is coming soon, someone quopted if the coefficients change Celtic may need to face Ajax in a first round qualifier, reverse that, you really think Ajax would treat us as minnows and be happy about it, knowing on our game we beat anyone and have done.
Ajax would see this as a potential bannana skin and would not be happy, therefore i can see the future maybe in a more competitive level Europe free from the money grabbing cabals and the Hotels and other projects coming to fruition, maybe getting nine and ten done and dusted is priority and then we go ourselves into a new era with likeminded clubs, Ladbrokes pulling out is showing the stagnation of a SPFL and SFA who have stood back and watched time leave them still. Just my vision before the reality of tommorow its back to the treble quest.

the people running the club need to start speaking with the fans. It's all well and good talking about hotels and having festivals. But what is their vision for the actual team.

Maybe that is the long term vision, maybe the breakaway is coming soon, someone quopted if the coefficients change Celtic may need to face Ajax in a first round qualifier, reverse that you really think Ajax would treat us as monnows and be happy about it, knowing on our game we beat anyone and have done.
Ajax would see this as a potential bannana skin and would not be happy, therefore i can see the future maybe in a more competitive level Europe free from the money grabbing cabals and the Hotels and other projects coming to fruition, maybe getting nine and ten done and dusted is priority and then we go ourselves into a new era with likeminded clubs, Ladbrokes pulling out is showing the stagnation of a SPFL and SFA who have stood back and watched time leave them still. Just my vision before the reality of tommorow its back to the treble quest.

I've always believed the hotel and museum was part of a bigger picture.
A breakaway European league. With the top clubs from smaller leagues. Having a hotel would be vital for away fans.
But if this is the case, would the fans be happy to be told this by our board. Now obviously I know we cant go shouting about breakaway leagues but if our board were to tell us that 9 and 10 are the most important things to CFC at the moment. We have big plans for the future of the club. But our main focus is achieving 10 in a row.
How would the fans react to that?? Who knows but at least we would know a sort of direction we were being taken.

Latest posts

Back