Its the Season of goodwill. Somebody tell Police Scotland, Bastards.

Once more the Calton steps up to help out
Absolutely incredible that someone would write tickets, instead of asking to move the vans a wee bit, typical jobsworth move..."Just doing my job man..."
Orange marches stopping traffic in the city is OK, but helping those most in need at this time of year, that's a fine !!
Fuck off

Calton Books

@CaltonBooks

·
7h

Replying to
@FACKilltheBill
@CaltonBooks
happy to pay the four fines. disgusting that we have foodbanks & disgusting that fines are being issued for collecting food.
@GlasgowCC
get it sorted please.

If this happened anywhere else within Europe, I would say that there would be a huge public outcry, yet in Scotland it's deemed as being OK, just because its Celtic.
Yet the same force allow the bigot OO marches to take place and even seem to join in with the jollys of it still.
Surely a great advert for tourism Scotland to be proud to run with

The irony being is that the food collected gets dispersed to families and individuals of all persuasions, denominations and ethnicity.

Calton Athletic led the way in taking desperate, wretched individuals and giving them a sense of purpose and pride and the Calton, as a whole, has continued to carry on the good work by attempting to feed unfortunate folk who are finding it difficult to make ends meet.

Irony number 2 in this wee fascistic cabaret, is that those folk who may desperately need the support provided by food parcels, may be more inclined to turn to crime in order to provide for themselves and their family.

That's the Scottish fuzz in a nutshell - enforcing a civil ordinance issued by the local governing authority and then wondering why crimes rise significantly when people can't feed themselves.

All fuzz are feckin fools - especially those ones that took the soup and played pretendy prods in the ludge (aye, that's you Bernard).

By doing this disgraceful act, Police Scotland have shown their hand.....there’s more in the pipeline coming methinks...
it'll come on thursday at the Hearts game folk need to start filming this stuff and getting it put up online and for there own protection

and watch how you walk around as going by reports that can be seen as walking in an aggressive manner ,,,,,,fk knows what you'll have to do if yer touching cloth ,,,feckin worlds gone mad

Have to ask the club why after 10 yrs of foodbank collections were these vans not allowed a parking spot on stadium grounds

most other clubs around the uk have a designated collection point and it'salways in or around the stadium

You can't change on what has been done, but you can demand answers to such disgusting acts that were carried out yesterday, especially when so many standing to benifit from the acts of generosity.
We as a club have always been proud to state "more than just a football club" and it's actions of the support yesterday that proves that fact.
So as far as I am concerned this is a potential serious matter that the board needs to clarify, so either they release a statement to explain what went wrong yesterday and condemn such actions, or I would be left with nothing to conclude that they were also a huge part of what went on yesterday, so hence not any of them are fit for purpose to actually govern our club, if its prepared to go totally against everything the club was actually built upon imo.

What we need to ask is, was this the actions of individual officers, which I doubt, or were they instructed beforehand from higher up? I think this is the case, so you have to ask, has Bernard Higgins got something to do with it? It's funny (not) they have just decided, after many years of allowing these collections, to start issuing fines THIS Xmas. He surely still has friends high up in PS.

I'm sure the board would have taken up this issue if they had seen it from their ivory tower... No? What a surprise. Obviously too busy sampling Bankier's whisky yesterday and still no comment from them.

An additional comment: it seems bloody strange that Higgins would do this if he is hoping for a job at Celtic and thus taking the step to alienate even more of the support. On the other hand, he could have been told he is definitely getting the job and is using the police to do some dirty work before he even starts. The lack of comment from the Celtic board does make me wonder.

Also, moving on the vans that have been in the same place for years for food collection looks like a strange one to justify when the police were busy giving it the softly, softly message during the lockdowns/ travel restrictions (though maybe it depended on the name of those they stopped). Discretion used for spreading covid but none whatsoever for a charitable collection.

Last edited:
On a day of respectful poignant memory at Celtic Park.

On a day of human decency and caring actions at Celtic Park.

On a day of Celtic supporters being true to the honourable traditions of their founding fathers.

Police Scotland shamed themselves.

Members online

Latest posts

Back