James Forrest and Pavlov’s Dogs

Verum2

I won’t post in the comments section of ‘ The Celtic Blog’ for reasons discussed long and weary on this site so I am assuming we can respond here!

His Blog this evening was one of those fine pieces of work which sets James apart from the tragic cohort that masquerade as sports journalists in Scotland
How apt is his description of both the media and their blue gallery as those well controlled animals constantly desperate and waiting to be fed (the news they want to hear .)
I found the most powerful observations in the article however are those espousing the view that in modern journalism all opinions are valid and are to be treated equally even though in many cases utter nonsense and unsubstantiated drivel is given the same platform as fact based reality
Kris Boyd at the weekend and the brexiteers perfect examples given!
His assertion that journalism is failing to provide a quality critique to help the layman separate the wheat from the chaff is spot on and that this core journalistic failure by the MSM could end up resulting in disastrous consequences for the country eg on Brexit
Closer to home and on this very point I agree with James in the assertion we can never accept Rangers being mentioned by the media in the same breath as Celtic and we should not rest until the world clearly knows and understands the malignancy ,at so many levels , of that organisation and what it did to Scottish football versus what Celtic is and what it stands for .
Great article James !

I won’t post in the comments section of ‘ The Celtic Blog’ for reasons discussed long and weary on this site so I am assuming we can respond here!

His Blog this evening was one of those fine pieces of work which sets James apart from the tragic cohort that masquerade as sports journalists in Scotland
How apt is his description of both the media and their blue gallery as those well controlled animals constantly desperate and waiting to be fed (the news they want to hear .)
I found the most powerful observations in the article however are those espousing the view that in modern journalism all opinions are valid and are to be treated equally even though in many cases utter nonsense and unsubstantiated drivel is given the same platform as fact based reality
Kris Boyd at the weekend and the brexiteers perfect examples given!
His assertion that journalism is failing to provide a quality critique to help the layman separate the wheat from the chaff is spot on and that this core journalistic failure by the MSM could end up resulting in disastrous consequences for the country eg on Brexit
Closer to home and on this very point I agree with James in the assertion we can never accept Rangers being mentioned by the media in the same breath as Celtic and we should not rest until the world clearly knows and understands the malignancy ,at so many levels , of that organisation and what it did to Scottish football versus what Celtic is and what it stands for .
Great article James !
1539119573345.jpeg
One of these ministries is the Ministry of Truth, shortened to Minitrue, dealing with history, art, news, and education. The Ministry of Truth is a propaganda machine. The irony is that all it does is lie. ... That's exactly what the Ministry of Truth does to the citizens of Oceania.28 Aug 2017

Couldn't agree more Verum 2 . Smashing piece of writing . Needs to be read by so many of these so called 'journalists' ( or stenographers as Phil Mc. likes to label them ) who scribble for a living with the MSM today .
Surely some of them must go home at night wondering why they became journalists ?
There are lassies 'walking' the streets at night with more integrity than these hypocrites !

Couldn't agree more Verum 2 . Smashing piece of writing . Needs to be read by so many of these so called 'journalists' ( or stenographers as Phil Mc. likes to label them ) who scribble for a living with the MSM today .
Surely some of them must go home at night wondering why they became journalists ?
There are lassies 'walking' the streets at night with more integrity than these hypocrites !

How do they explain the U turn is the one that gets me. Imagine if they were asked is this the truth and if not, are saying you can sell anything that comes into your heads. They are fucked and they know it.

fucking truth hurts.jpg

Read it nearly as soon as James posted it and wanted to congratulate on a inspiring piece of writing! Enjoy all your blogs, James, so refreshing and in the style of what I remember to be real journalism! More power to you, my man! This one, especially, hit a sledgehammer on the carpet tack! When I started working at 15 it was gospel, record n glass bottle of irn-bru, that was all the info we had. They told us what to think and how we should react but even then we had union wavers n shit-stirrers in they rags! The utter joy and cum-staining od Gordon Waddell and his ilk when we were going down a dead-end street at 90miles an hour for 4years will never leave me, not to mention the despicable hatchet job of front page news of Fergus n Saddam! Anywayz, a fantastic bit of writing, James! Thank you for all your efforts, they are well appreciated! Real journalism and, as always, real truth! Back you all the way! HAIL! HAIL!?

Firstly, Boyd is not a journalist, he’s a bumbling, mumbling, incoherent inarticulate buffoon. He plays to a gallery of Sevconians and sees it as his duty to try and undermine Celtic in a pathetic attempt to help his beloved team.

What’s new about that?

Fuck all.

The rest of the journos all have allegiances that do not extend to our gates. Again, what’s new about that?

Try fuck all.

How we respond to it has always been a bug bear of mine. Particularly in relation to players talking to them, press conferences and general lack of balls when responding.

If I was the Celtic manager after we skelped them, I would enter the room and tell them I was surprised to see so many, as I know they must be hurting so bad their team took a helluva beating. And if anybody wanted to leave the room for a wee greet, I would hang about to accommodate that.

Let them know we know where their allegiances lie and remind them we don’t give a fuck. It motivates us. Every time we read I or any of my players is mentioned as wanting away, we say to ourselves, job done.
We are getting to you. You know it we know it. So let’s get real, ask your questions, give us praise through gritted teeth and let me get back to my packed lunch

Remember what they write, then pick them out and ask what was your motivation other than trying to cause trouble? Do you think we are fucking stupid? And use the word Fucking.

To get our knickers in a twist plays into their hands. It shows their strategy is working when we clamour online about them.

Fuck them. Laugh at them to think wringing our hands us happening, calling for them to not mention us with Sevco is nonsense. Of course they will. Fight the right fight. Let them know we know when they start their shit, it’s because their collective arses are going like a rabbits nostrils.

Remind them that their messiah and his team are behind us even though we have been shit. Ask them how that works out in relation to how good they claim Sevco are?

How does that work out? Walk me through that mind set and do your best to convince me it’s not hopeful fans fantasy.

Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.

I enjoy their biased reporting for the simple reason that it shows they are worried.

As Samuel Johnson once said

“Only but a fool worries about things they cannot change.”

The press here won’t change, rather than gnash our teeth, call them out. Take the piss. Laugh at them, tell them we are laughing at them, point out how they thought we would lose to their team. Quote them back to themselves at press conferences then ask.

Was that a football journalist who wrote that, or a fan with a keyboard?

We need to get on the front foot. Throw a punch. Let them know you are smarter than them. Let them know any praise we get is grudgingly given. Then tell them no matter what they write will do fuck all to stop us. Thank them for their source of perpetual motivation. That it saves me thinking up a motivational talk. Smile right at them all then leave.

The bottom line is, the day they aren’t having a go is the day they don’t have to. Let’s ensure that day never arrives. Fuck them. HH

Firstly, Boyd is not a journalist, he’s a bumbling, mumbling, incoherent inarticulate buffoon. He plays to a gallery of Sevconians and sees it as his duty to try and undermine Celtic in a pathetic attempt to help his beloved team.

What’s new about that?

Fuck all.

The rest of the journos all have allegiances that do not extend to our gates. Again, what’s new about that?

Try fuck all.

How we respond to it has always been a bug bear of mine. Particularly in relation to players talking to them, press conferences and general lack of balls when responding.

If I was the Celtic manager after we skelped them, I would enter the room and tell them I was surprised to see so many, as I know they must be hurting so bad their team took a helluva beating. And if anybody wanted to leave the room for a wee greet, I would hang about to accommodate that.

Let them know we know where their allegiances lie and remind them we don’t give a fuck. It motivates us. Every time we read I or any of my players is mentioned as wanting away, we say to ourselves, job done.
We are getting to you. You know it we know it. So let’s get real, ask your questions, give us praise through gritted teeth and let me get back to my packed lunch

Remember what they write, then pick them out and ask what was your motivation other than trying to cause trouble? Do you think we are fucking stupid? And use the word Fucking.

To get our knickers in a twist plays into their hands. It shows their strategy is working when we clamour online about them.

Fuck them. Laugh at them to think wringing our hands us happening, calling for them to not mention us with Sevco is nonsense. Of course they will. Fight the right fight. Let them know we know when they start their shit, it’s because their collective arses are going like a rabbits nostrils.

Remind them that their messiah and his team are behind us even though we have been shit. Ask them how that works out in relation to how good they claim Sevco are?

How does that work out? Walk me through that mind set and do your best to convince me it’s not hopeful fans fantasy.

Don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining.

I enjoy their biased reporting for the simple reason that it shows they are worried.

As Samuel Johnson once said

“Only but a fool worries about things they cannot change.”

The press here won’t change, rather than gnash our teeth, call them out. Take the piss. Laugh at them, tell them we are laughing at them, point out how they thought we would lose to their team. Quote them back to themselves at press conferences then ask.

Was that a football journalist who wrote that, or a fan with a keyboard?

We need to get on the front foot. Throw a punch. Let them know you are smarter than them. Let them know any praise we get is grudgingly given. Then tell them no matter what they write will do fuck all to stop us. Thank them for their source of perpetual motivation. That it saves me thinking up a motivational talk. Smile right at them all then leave.

The bottom line is, the day they aren’t having a go is the day they don’t have to. Let’s ensure that day never arrives. Fuck them. HH

Yes , that's all very well TV , but what do you really think ?

TV
Boyd not being a journalist is the very point
Tom English ( and his employer) is the real criminal and failure in that instance because Boyd ,as you point out ,is no more than a blue cheerleading muppet who should never be given the platform to spout his bile and if he is he needs to be challenged and ridiculed.
I agree with the fundamental point that the media ,both their leadership /editors and the troops , are packed to the rafters with Rangers men and that their behaviour will never ever change.
Most of these guys if not writing utter hype and garbage would be leading off the racist singing on the buses ,underground or in the Stands
My settled opinion is just like yours. CFC need to Make sure they use their vastly superior resources to ensure they never ever slip up and just keep beating this crowd into the ground with title after title . Do the talking on the park and keep traps shut externally in the media . Give them nothing!

TV
Boyd not being a journalist is the very point
Tom English ( and his employer) is the real criminal and failure in that instance because Boyd ,as you point out ,is no more than a blue cheerleading muppet who should never be given the platform to spout his bile and if he is he needs to be challenged and ridiculed.
I agree with the fundamental point that the media ,both their leadership /editors and the troops , are packed to the rafters with Rangers men and that their behaviour will never ever change.
Most of these guys if not writing utter hype and garbage would be leading off the racist singing on the buses ,underground or in the Stands
My settled opinion is just like yours. CFC need to Make sure they use their vastly superior resources to ensure they never ever slip up and just keep beating this crowd into the ground with title after title . Do the talking on the park and keep traps shut externally in the media . Give them nothing!
What about Laffertys unilateral decision not to play for his country, nice use of a word to show his very newest club had nothing to do with his decision. Journalists.

Yes , that's all very well TV , but what do you really think ?

Don’t be contained by the reality of a situation you are unlikely to change. Find strategies to circumvent the inequalities and don’t waste your intellect just moaning about it.

Continuous woe are us proclamations, to me are tedious, repetitive and within a wider environment that sees no need to change, won’t.

We only defeat that by defeating it. By that I mean see what they are trying to do, acknowledge why they are trying to do it. It’s common human behaviour exhibited by any majority group who hold a philosophical view that sees them on top and wanting to stay there.

It’s like the line from As Good As It Gets.

“I’m drowning here and you’re describing the water.”

Pointless, figure out a way to swim, to survive, to flourish in that environment. Don’t moan about it and keep moaning about it. Accept it, then seek ways to defeat it, whilst acknowledging you will never destroy it.

View attachment 182
One of these ministries is the Ministry of Truth, shortened to Minitrue, dealing with history, art, news, and education. The Ministry of Truth is a propaganda machine. The irony is that all it does is lie. ... That's exactly what the Ministry of Truth does to the citizens of Oceania.28 Aug 2017
Boab
I don’t know when we actually morphed into this post truth society that we inhabit
I guess it happened by osmosis .
It is Incredible to think that Orwell foresaw this as early as the late 40s although I guess he used the Hitler Goebbels model of controlling the masses with myths and downright lies as a means of societal control
Whilst what we have today and there ,are many examples ,is a little softer than the 30s it’s not much softer if at all

Its not news that most footballers (not all) didn’t try that hard at school because they had talent no wonder theres no thickness as thick as the uneducated we are the people entitled huns. Its not as if their not used to just taking things that don’t belong to them.

Never mind the poor souls that actually spend time on social media, all media, english journo courses for 4 years learning their craft and being qualified for the roles eh, i mean who would want that madness eh?

Not when there’s a couple of uneducted thick huns wanting to sell the lie and sh*t on Celtic.

Fuck them all. They probably get someone to turn the computer on, then type then shut the computer down.

Qualifications eh

True journalism should be unbiased however we know personal objectives and opinion forms most of rags.

Well that and lies.

I have a genuine no vote in confidence in them

I love Scotland, my inherrent problem is that its hard to Love the Scotland National team due to the SFA underhanded cheating and clear distaste for anything Celtic or Catholic.
You would think in this day and age they would have been further forward than 1690 ffs.
Whilst they do not seek change on their own institutional ways, i will always love Scotland
and the idea of what it could be, but in all honesty struggle to support our national team based on the cheating lying bigots that controls it.

Boab
I don’t know when we actually morphed into this post truth society that we inhabit
I guess it happened by osmosis .
It is Incredible to think that Orwell foresaw this as early as the late 40s although I guess he used the Hitler Goebbels model of controlling the masses with myths and downright lies as a means of societal control
Whilst what we have today and there ,are many examples ,is a little softer than the 30s it’s not much softer if at all

The American entry into WW1 saw the start of news influencers as an industry. Wilson was elected in 1916 on an anti war agenda. The public relations industry then went into overdrive to help Wilson get America into the war less than a year later. I remember reading that somewhere, I think it may have been Noam Chomsky. I would recommend Chomsky to anyone who wants to know the truth aboot things.

I love Scotland, my inherrent problem is that its hard to Love the Scotland National team due to the SFA underhanded cheating and clear distaste for anything Celtic or Catholic.
You would think in this day and age they would have been further forward than 1690 ffs.
Whilst they do not seek change on their own institutional ways, i will always love Scotland
and the idea of what it could be, but in all honesty struggle to support our national team based on the cheating lying bigots that controls it.
M
I think you articulate the very vexing problem many of us have with regards to the Scotland football team nowadays
We love Scotland dearly!
I first watched Scotland play Poland at Hampden in ‘65 in front of 100000 . Big Billy Scored on a rare appearance although they lost late on...I was sold on it for life .. or so I thought !

I have lived and worked around the world and sold Scotland to everyone .. so my love of my country will NEVER wane but like you I feel the Football team has been taken from me or kidnapped by Charlatans or bigots or whatever.. I have absolutely Zero interest in tomorrow’s game and result and won’t worry One iota if they lose as it will hopefully precipitate the departure of the EBT cheat
I feel sorry for the young Celtic kids who are in the team . At a personal level I do wish them and some of the other young men playing well..

M
I think you articulate the very vexing problem many of us have with regards to the Scotland football team nowadays
We love Scotland dearly!
I first watched Scotland play Poland at Hampden in ‘65 in front of 100000 . Big Billy Scored on a rare appearance although they lost late on...I was sold on it for life .. or so I thought !

I have lived and worked around the world and sold Scotland to everyone .. so my love of my country will NEVER wane but like you I feel the Football team has been taken from me or kidnapped by Charlatans or bigots or whatever.. I have absolutely Zero interest in tomorrow’s game and result and won’t worry One iota if they lose as it will hopefully precipitate the departure of the EBT cheat
I feel sorry for the young Celtic kids who are in the team . At a personal level I do wish them and some of the other young men playing well..

Its a conundrum for sure pal, its like those who don’t let you join in bullyboy tactics. Its ma ball and am away home pish.

They do this and say we are unpatriotic its like they always look for the angle to paint us according to their inbred hatred.

HH pal ☘️