James Forrest blog

Maybe because it’s Friday and I’m in a “glass half full” mood, but the comment Rodgers made about no new centre half’s could - could - be aimed at an ongoing negotiation? (McKenna??)
Saying to a selling club not going to increase an offer as we don’t really need the player just yet?
I know - probably all bollocks on my part but just trying to look on the bright side.

Maybe because it’s Friday and I’m in a “glass half full” mood, but the comment Rodgers made about no new centre half’s could - could - be aimed at an ongoing negotiation? (McKenna??)
Saying to a selling club not going to increase an offer as we don’t really need the player just yet?
I know - probably all bollocks on my part but just trying to look on the bright side.
I hope your right my friend

I think much of what he says is correct, but bloggers, or any writers in fact who have a mass audience, can often amplify and exacerbate certain situations to make it feel hopeless. Look, I can't understand why the fuck we have to sell before we buy, if indeed we do (this is another problem with the mass media these days: there's barely any means to actually ascertain 'truth', beyond actual empirical events i.e. someone actually signing or someone stating something clearly without spin masquerading as opinion), but I can kind of understand Brendan's reasoning.

I don't agree with it, but I understand it within the context of the financial model imposed upon the club by Mr Lawwell and, we can only assume, Mr Desmond.

While I like James Forrest's writings and check his blog at least once a day when I can, I am also acutely aware that there is a certain culture among bloggers to be the King Monkey. And, though James generally isn't guilty of this (though some of the people he rather blindly follows are), this leads people to getting involved in a kind of arms race of negativity or indeed false positivity.

I never trust bloggers or indeed mainstream journalists who rely *solely* on 'unnamed sources'. We've been told by a certain blogger, who constantly claims to have predicted everything in known history and loves nothing more than a bit of self-congratulation (James Forrest, in contrast, usually admits when he's wrong), all this stuff about Sevco and all this stuff about us and none of it is ever true. When a certain claim is made and it later turns out to be false or it doesn't happen, the blogger in question just moves on and writes it out of history. Never addresses it and then censors those who ask questions.

Don't get me wrong, it's normal and necessary for writers to have unnamed sources, but when *all* your sources are unnamed, my bullshit sensors start tingling.

In other words, my own view is simply to wait until the end of January before fully getting depressed, hahaha. If we end up in January only with the kind of signings we've made so far and no right back, it's time not simply to be pessimistic, but I think Celtic fans in our totality have to get active and make it known that we're not happy with the direction our club is being taken.

I think Pat Bonner said recently that Rodgers and Lawwell would never be forgiven if we lose the league and, while I don't think we will lose the league even if we don't have a great January, we have to take action for the future. Because, regardless of what some people claim about Sevco, they're getting money from somewhere and they are clearly determined to stop us.

Last edited:
Take the last two and a half seasons as a benchmark.Most of the players and management are still here,they are the ones that created the success.James Forrest illustrated the division within a big club,the supporters perception and the boards rigid view of minimum investment to create maximum profit.The dark side are everywhere from MSM,Bent Referees to sevco and the desperation to win something,a trophy maybe.It reminds me of the dark art which manifested itself in the fight for the Presidency in America.When one individual backed by experienced campaigners will tick every box marked Do what you need to do to win an election.Unfortunately this is what happens when you become unbeatable in all cup competitions.Outside of Celtic everyone wants us to fail.Man united in the nineties experienced the envy of other clubs,their supporters and certain media hacks.Now we have Celtic supporters turning against the club,some are critical of the board and some are critical of BR and his management team.The players have ebbed and flowed and unfortunately havent hit the heights of the Invincible season.Our success of winning trophies means Sevco are starved of success and their club with the backing of #Unknown their board and fans are using the same dodgy underhand tactics we see in Elections.BR needs to be shrewd and use his knowledge and experience to recruit players that will enhance the team.What are we the supporters meant to take from his comments about not bringing in quality players as they wont break into the first team yet we have an over inflated squad.He needs to trim the squad not to generate money .He and the players have delivered trophies and its time for them players with the new additions to maintain their dominance.For me regardless of new players we are still the team to beat.Hibs were the last team to win a domestic trophy in 2016.As a wise man once said you can use the dark arts to destabilise your opponent many times without success but you only die once.HH

There has to be a middle ground between us being a business or a football club but we certainly don't want to go down the route of rangers and sevco by borrowing, spending then gambling. I'm sure that as a businessman PL knows that if we lost the league this season then we would kiss ta ta to the CL money next season and bonuses and dividends would decrease. We are still the team to beat and the window isn't closed yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed that we remain a financially stable club with players who deserve to wear the jersey.

If you compared everyblog during the transfer windows it always doom n gloom which is what we expect , it gotoff to a flyer this january and the felll flatter than a withches tit from then on in

Everyone goes on about operation stop the ten

what about operation ours to throw it away

it really is a shitty state of affairs

Everyone and their dug knows we need defenders but so far nowt or like last year we bought dross , as for Lawwell he has to much power and with the amount of dross he spent from lenny and delias time he should be nowhere near transfers

Questions been asked of cancellation Cowdenbeath feel the game could have went ahead.
Hugh Keevins stating Cowdenbeath taliking about pies going to waste and thats the difference in the spectrum Cowdenbeath 4th division v T anger s , not long ago sevco was in the same division. How quick the media forget their old arse. Cowdenbeath would have paid vat on the pies and hospitality let that sink in, has the face painter been paid yet.
£93m to HM Revenue and Customs but there is also £70 to a florist, £61 to a cleaning supplies company and £40 to a face painter.

Members online

Latest posts

Back