James Forrest - three more years.

Good bit of business signing him for 3 years, as the club moves forward having guys like him & Calmac around will be invaluable. They have both bought into Anges mindset and philosophy's and can only be of benefit to the younger guys both coming through and coming in from abroad to the club

Good bit of business signing him for 3 years, as the club moves forward having guys like him & Calmac around will be invaluable. They have both bought into Anges mindset and philosophy's and can only be of benefit to the younger guys both coming through and coming in from abroad to the club
Welcome to the Noise Ryan.

Yes, this is an excellent point. We will have a large number of young foreign imports in our club so it will be very important to have a few older heads around the dressing room and in training to help them integrate and settle, as well as to keep them right about our history and what the club means to the fans. Players like CalMac and Forrest will be invaluable for this.

Also, Joe Hart will share his extensive experience to help out along with the coaching staff. Bain apparently is supposed to be good at supporting colleagues too and so is popular with the other players.

James service and contribution to the club is their for all to see. He is one of own and his trophy haul is impressive and he is close to achieving a goals tally of 100. All of which suggests he has earned the right for an extension.
However I think their is enough room for question marks over the length of the new contract given he had another year left on his current one.
I would have expected possibly a one year extension for a player who is getting that wee bit older and who relies heavily on his pace and bursts of speed to be an effective contributer.
The last two seasons from Jamsey would suggest he has lost that yard of pace and injuries seem to be expected.
I hope he gets those 100 goals and can a strong squad contributer ...time will tell.

Back