James Kelly MSP booed in Scottish Parliament for asking question on Irish Racism in reference to Neil Lennon

The fundamental question is why were they booing?
Either are they by and large Anti Catholic racists at heart and do not wish the subject to be aired at all ?
OR they are cowards and afraid to confront it for obvious reasons ?
Or is it both?
Big Question !
Why the booing ?
That SNP cohort are either by and large Anto Catholic racists themselves OR they are cowards scared to take the subject on
Or are they both?

Either are they by and large Anti Catholic racists at heart and do not wish the subject to be aired at all ?
Or is it both?

Big Question !
Why the booing ?
That SNP cohort are either by and large Anto Catholic racists themselves OR they are cowards scared to take the subject on
Or are they both?

Who said it was the SNP booing?

This is Scotland 2018!!!

Elected representatives of the people booing another elected member who has the audacity to condemn racist and sectarian behaviour.

It would appear that the "nationalism' as defined by Trump is also alive and well in the Scottish Parliament.

The very same house which would have made football fans criminals for similar displays of intolerance.

Come the next series of elections......these same cretins will come courting the Catholic vote and will attempt to describe how they are eliminating inequality in Scotland.

I have watched as the aforementioned Trump has used racist scaremongering and rhetoric to rally his core vote in the run-up to the mid-term elections.

It would appear that certain Scottish Parliamentarians have adopted this strategy and decided to court the majority group in this country with an abhorrent attempt to undermine the racist sectarianism which blights this country.

It is a common theme amid all political colours in Scotland.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that one or two of JK's "honourable friends" were venting their own opinions.

Aye that's my belief as well.

Just to clarify what i posted above, i wasn't outright defending the SNP it was just Verum only mentioned the SNP and i was curious if someone had reported that the jeering had all come from their camp.

Aye that's my belief as well.

Just to clarify what i posted above, i wasn't outright defending the SNP it was just Verum only mentioned the SNP and i was curious if someone had reported that the jeering had all come from their camp.
As a former member of the Scottish Labour Party, I can categorically confirm that within the national organisation's hierarchy there was a culture of dismissing Catholicism.

There were also the usual stereotypical "Paddy & Mick" jokes along with the downvoting of Catholic nominees for pivotal positions (this was also common in the Trade Union movement).

Looks as if the more things change, the more they stay the same!

I am still awaiting an email from Nicola Sturgeon, on why she did not
make a public comment on the Ultras March to Ibrox a few months ago.
it took place in her Constituency .
I am well aware that these marches are not illegal,but some of the bile
displayed was shocking.
I think she would have gained respect if she had shared her views.
She is just another politician to shy away from any real issues,
it is all about votes and keeping their position.
How long can the Irish Catholic Racism in Scotland be ignored.

Or is it both?

Big Question !
Why the booing ?
Or are they both?
Being a member of the SNP, i have to say I've never heard any anti Catholic or anti Irish crap from any fellow member. In fact, most of the SNP members I know are either Catholic and/ or Celtic fans. One of Glasgows SNP councillors for Glasgow East is Irish and a Celtic fan. Not saying it's impossible, just I'd be surprised.

Watching the Parliamentary video when James Kelly spoke , there was a number of outbursts when he asked for ''urgent action '' - not clear where from .
The attacks ( recent and past ) were vigorously and categorically condemned by the First Minister and should be supported by all parties .

However, it is unfortunate and shameful that in the 21st C in Scotland we still have people in all political parties who are clearly prejudiced against Scottish/Irish Catholics and are sitting in Parliament ( both Holyrood and Westminster ) and in local councils . This is unexceptable particularly when some have been taken to task for their extreme views and yet still remain within their party.
Identify them - and don't vote for them !

Should we be surprised by the reaction to the question as this what we have to put up with everyday the know your place and watp brigade are in positions of power and are holding on tightly it runs through the government and the judicial system

I think that part of the problem now is that the ''watp brigade '' are no longer the force they were in the positions of power and this they cannot stomach .
They are nostalgic for the past , their Good Old Days , when they ruled the roost ( or thought they did , but were simply tools of the divide and conquer elite ) . We see this in the desperation of the DUP in N.Ireland , yearning for the times when they were ''in control'' , we saw it in the death throes of the White Supremacists in S. Africa as their power slipped away .
I hope that our generation will see the end of this blatant bigotry - but I won't hold my breath .

Back