January Transfer Window Thread

So Ben Davies opted to sign for Liverpool instead of Celtic. So far, despite their centre backs being crocked, he hasn't played a single minute for them. Instead, they are playing a midfielder & a youngster there and he never even got on the bench for the last 2 of the 3 games they've played since he signed for them!

Do we just go sod him, and laugh as he is getting exactly what he deserves or do we make contact and open discussions with them to hopefully bring him to us next season (when we thought he'd join anyway)?

Think he signed a 2 year contract didn't he and can't be doing to much to impress at the moment.
Thing now is if he can't make it at Liverpool then a move for him in the summer could still be an option but is he really any good?
But could also be a long term signing if a new manager thought he was suitable, can't comment on him as I know nothing about his ability

Reading Bayern have signed Upemecano from Leipzig for €51 million, he plays for the french u21s with eddy, makes a laugh out of eddy leaving for 15 million
Differance been winter he must be already proving himself in a top league, whereas eddy form has been so poor this season even now with scoring a few his all round play still is very questionable as to weather he is worth such an investment

Differance been winter he must be already proving himself in a top league, whereas eddy form has been so poor this season even now with scoring a few his all round play still is very questionable as to weather he is worth such an investment
Part of the Leipzig side we kod from Europe and it is eddy who's the star man in the French u21s, think hes proved himself already despite his wee blip which was partly through his injuries and his managers strange team selections , if we can sell a defender for 25 million then eddy is worth at least that even with covid factored in. The only thing that might reduce that for me is time left on his contract and that's about a year and a half I think . Celtic will sell we all know that in the summer, if we can sell wee pingpong onto a big 5 league we can imo do that again with eddy for more than the 15 that's being banded about HH

Part of the Leipzig side we kod from Europe and it is eddy who's the star man in the French u21s, think hes proved himself already despite his wee blip which was partly through his injuries and his managers strange team selections , if we can sell a defender for 25 million then eddy is worth at least that even with covid factored in. The only thing that might reduce that for me is time left on his contract and that's about a year and a half I think . Celtic will sell we all know that in the summer, if we can sell wee pingpong onto a big 5 league we can imo do that again with eddy for more than the 15 that's being banded about HH
I see where you are coming from winter but with the current climate in the transfer window maybe 15m would be a more realistic fee to expect for eddy.
He has plenty of talent no question but has also been so poorly managed its of no surprise his value has tumbled downwards.
At a guess I would say that there was little if any interest in him in the last window, hence the reason for his upturn in form. That is not a great advert for a professional, I'll only play when it suits me.
Still has much improvement needed on his all round game to hit the really big heights and there is no way he will achieve that in our current set up

I've seen that we are in for Robbie Brady from Blackburn.
Lennon apparently has planned the team rebuild around him
Blackburn playing tonight Brady:
Came on as a sub late in first half
Booked.
Lucky to escape a second yellow for pulling a Fulham.player back.
Gave away a corner
Was the man in the line took a swing and.deflected the ball into the net for the Fulham goal.
Subbed back off on 60 minutes

He's the only player in the EPL to be subbed on and off twice this season.

Sounds like our sort of player let's get him signed.
If nothing else he'll be a like for like replacement for Duffy.

I've seen that we are in for Robbie Brady from Blackburn.
Lennon apparently has planned the team rebuild around him
Blackburn playing tonight Brady:
Came on as a sub late in first half
Booked.
Lucky to escape a second yellow for pulling a Fulham.player back.
Gave away a corner
Was the man in the line took a swing and.deflected the ball into the net for the Fulham goal.
Subbed back off on 60 minutes

He's the only player in the EPL to be subbed on and off twice this season.

Sounds like our sort of player let's get him signed.
If nothing else he'll be a like for like replacement for Duffy.
Seen him try to play for Ireland and he is muck and always has been, if that's the sort of shite we are chasing then Lord help us

Seen him try to play for Ireland and he is muck and always has been, if that's the sort of shite we are chasing then Lord help us
Have to remember that we are still working off peter lawells remit and wont know what changes are coming until McKay stamps his authority on his position ( or Peter's head not bothered if it's the latter but expect big changes from this CEO or else he will find big changes the board havent factored in to their zero response statements, from the loyal support , HH

Interesting comments on Duff.
Would love to see Duff return.
My son sent me a rumour last night that Duff will come back to work under Enzo Maresca with Fergal Harkin as DoF. Also said McManus would be part of coaching set up

Members online

Latest posts

Back