January Transfer Window Thread

Suppose we really should start a thread for the transfer window. First up is the imminent departure of Elhamed...

Family Matters the reason for Elhamed’s Poor Celtic Form as January Exit beckons...​

With the current management team in place? Not convinced it would make any difference who comes in. If things go on as they are at present it won’t be long before they are demotivated too.
With a new management team? I would leave that call to them and see how it works out.

Nothings going to happen. Lennon will start promising signings in about a week....probably after we lose another league game. Then it will hit January and the media will get is all fired up by throwing random names out every day...Still nothing will happen. About 2 weeks into January Lennon will start to drop little comments in about how he has a big enough squad, how we dont need anyone and how he's happy with the players he has. Then on transfer deadline day we will make a couple of loan signings from mid to low table premiership teams....but not in positions we need. Probably another CM that can't get a game down south and maybe a young striker who isnt getting a look in at his own club. Its the Celtic way.

Nothings going to happen. Lennon will start promising signings in about a week....probably after we lose another league game. Then it will hit January and the media will get is all fired up by throwing random names out every day...Still nothing will happen. About 2 weeks into January Lennon will start to drop little comments in about how he has a big enough squad, how we dont need anyone and how he's happy with the players he has. Then on transfer deadline day we will make a couple of loan signings from mid to low table premiership teams....but not in positions we need. Probably another CM that can't get a game down south and maybe a young striker who isnt getting a look in at his own club. Its the Celtic way.
The unfortunate thing Lubo is that sounds all too plausible.

Me too. We probably all do.

I think we will find out in the 1st week or so. You'd hope the manager and the board know exactly what we need at this point and work is already being done behind the scenes so that, if any new players are coming in, the deals will be done quick. Unfortunately, wether we like it or not, we arent going to sign any top class, 1st team ready players, especially in January. So its going to be a, fingers crossed and hope for the best, transfer window......if we actually sign anyone.

Would you accept gettin' our ar*e felt tonight to see some of our young squad getting game time ?
Harper with Eddie - Soro, Connell and Turnbull with Calum, Ralston at right back etc ?.
Good start to my Celtic day reading the Celtic family blog - Right or wrong he always looks for positives regarding Celtic :unsure: 🍀🍀🍀
We've had our arse felt that often this season that I can't sit down. The ridiculous thing for me is, the players you mentioned should only not have been introduced, if the team was flying. We have been fucking woeful, so that should made it seem a no brainer to give these young guys a go. Turnbull, Soro, Luca in particular should be in the team on the current form of those holding a jersey. Fuck, on current form, I should make the bench, never mind these boys getting game.

That's all down to Lenny. He has kept with using the same midfieid that is too slow too predictable and too easily bypassed.

We are now at the last stand stage. It looks as though we are letting Sevco waltz into our board room and take the trophy unhindered. What is needed is to bring in new troops and fight to the fucking death to hold what is ours.

We hate losing, but what keeps me on the valium is the total lack of fight. The shrug of the shoulder mentality. The half arsed attempt to stop the opposition. The lack of confidence to take a man on and create space, preferring the shitebag ball sideways or back. And let's be honest, they are shitebag passes. The, you take it, you try I don't want to. That makes my heart fucking sink. In life it's when you hit hard times that people of character hold their ground and take the fight to the problem. So far, all I have seen is wee boys, who had it easy, now having to fight and not having the stomach for it.

Tonight Lenny has to introduce these players and fucking keep them in. Not a single player could complain at being dropped. If they did, all you need to say is, go and watch your performances and after come back and tell me why you should be playing son.

They need to get off their fucking knees, believe in themselves and fight for our jersey. Forget all we have done and focus only on what needs to be done.

By 10 bells tonight, we will know the answer.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I’m no longer convinced that Lenny has the faintest idea what is needed. He’s almost said as much in his pressers. Based on that do you think the board will let him spend big if he’s still there? I doubt it.
Although if he’s only there until the final somebody new coming in might get some slack.
Incidentally if the only reason for their ‘support’ is that he gets the quadruple treble then I am really pissed. I want the 10 more than the quadruple. As it is the record of the treble treble will not be done again any time soon. That’s good enough fir me.

Keep them in? You know he won’t. Even if he uses any of these guys tonight he will simply revert to his current pets for the weekend in the vain hope that everything will come right.
Then he is not only giving the rope to hang himself, but building the gallows. He has no choice, if he doesn't, the baw is well and truly burst. I keep hearing how intelligent Lenny is. My response to that is, compared to what? Because looking at his decisions the absence of intelligence is stark.

We need Forster. We need to get shot of Duffy under the Trades Description Act if 1976. We need to use the kings ransom squandered on him.and give it to a guy who is faster than me. We need A winger and should have got wee paddy back, but, what do I know? It is his ability to beat a man and find a great forward pass we miss, and when Forrest comes back we will still need that. Sell Ajer Ntcham, and use the money to buy better.
I can't say I think we will act decisively though. Let's face it, that's virgin territory for Lawell. The cunt will still be haggling over ten bob.

Members online

Back