January Transfer Window Thread

I still don't believe we need to strengthen as much as we think Steviebhoy2.
Of course the CB position is a priority but as things stand we still can be overloaded in many positions even with the want aways out of the door. It may leave us short on experience, so a good coaching set has to be a priority if we intend to stick with the quality youngsters that are readily available. Bring in that little bit of experience and we will still be in a fairly strong position for remainder of this season and not to bad for next and the Bank still intact
I get that pal totally. Other than a CB we should look within and give the guys a chance. My worry is that our revenue compared to outlay on wages and in particular the highly paid loanees are now more than revenue we have without selling.

I get that pal totally. Other than a CB we should look within and give the guys a chance. My worry is that our revenue compared to outlay on wages and in particular the highly paid loanees are now more than revenue we have without selling.
I think we will definitely be selling this window, Stevie. Hopefully we get a decent bid for Ntcham, and I suspect Eddy and Christie may go too. We may only buy a new striker if those 3 go and a CB. My concern is Ajer going as he is the only one performing at a half-decent level at the moment.

I think we will definitely be selling this window, Stevie. Hopefully we get a decent bid for Ntcham, and I suspect Eddy and Christie may go too. We may only buy a new striker if those 3 go and a CB. My concern is Ajer going as he is the only one performing at a half-decent level at the moment.
With you 100%. Hes had his critics but i would love him to stay.

I still don't believe we need to strengthen as much as we think Steviebhoy2.
Of course the CB position is a priority but as things stand we still can be overloaded in many positions even with the want aways out of the door. It may leave us short on experience, so a good coaching set has to be a priority if we intend to stick with the quality youngsters that are readily available. Bring in that little bit of experience and we will still be in a fairly strong position for remainder of this season and not to bad for next and the Bank still intact
Agree re CB. We have Julie and Kris as the mainstays at the minute. Hatem and Welsh as back-ups. But if Ajer leaves we will be short there.
Bitton should not be allowed near CB again. So a decent CB is a bit of a necessity. Elsewhere is less needy but do we need another winger to cover for JF and MJ?

Agree re CB. We have Julie and Kris as the mainstays at the minute. Hatem and Welsh as back-ups. But if Ajer leaves we will be short there.
Bitton should not be allowed near CB again. So a decent CB is a bit of a necessity. Elsewhere is less needy but do we need another winger to cover for JF and MJ?
Not so much if we stick with the current formation as wingers would possibly give us a better dimension when the game becomes more open and as both will be coming back from long time out injured there game time will be fairly limited due to fitness levels, so could be next season before we get them back at full flow, mind you having a decent left winger would do us no harm either imo

The way he's goin about his business I'm not so sure about the future given the pandemic. Revenues have plummeted for everybody. Every penny is a prisoner. Our recent accounts confirm the downward spiral. Even still being in the Europa league would have helped. Where's the money coming from? I'm just waiting for the announcement of players being sold to keep the books balanced.
My concern as well Stevie. I think we need to sell just to balance the books

I like the idea of Gallagher and Porteous coming to Parkhead two real Scotthish players who know how to get in there and mix it up with anything thrown at them.
Would love to see Gallagher in a hoops jersey,from what I have read I think it would be the best day of his carreer going back to Parkhead once again as a Celtic Player..and if there is a few bob left in the purse it might be an idea to get in a target man like Ross Stewart or big Cosgrove of Aberdeen,
we could do a lot worse..

HH.

I like the idea of Gallagher and Porteous coming to Parkhead two real Scotthish players who know how to get in there and mix it up with anything thrown at them.
Would love to see Gallagher in a hoops jersey,from what I have read I think it would be the best day of his carreer going back to Parkhead once again as a Celtic Player..and if there is a few bob left in the purse it might be an idea to get in a target man like Ross Stewart or big Cosgrove of Aberdeen,
we could do a lot worse..

HH.
Couldn't argue but we'll need to sell before we can buy.

The way he's goin about his business I'm not so sure about the future given the pandemic. Revenues have plummeted for everybody. Every penny is a prisoner. Our recent accounts confirm the downward spiral. Even still being in the Europa league would have helped. Where's the money coming from? I'm just waiting for the announcement of players being sold to keep the books balanced.
Mibbe we should just mire ourselves in the same situation as der hun. Confetti for money, it works for them so why can't it work for us?

Members online

No members online now.

Back