January Transfer Window Thread

Gary67

Summary of Lennon's press conference (taken from huddle board)
On 'shoot the board' banner:

"From some sections of the support it is dangerous rhetoric.

"What I will say is we all want the same thing. Those fans want success, the majority of our fans want success. The players and everybody here want the same thing.

"We don't want any divisions. I understand the frustrations and the players are feeling that as well.

"But we don't like that kind of language or expression anywhere near the football stadium. It serves no purpose really."

On fans in general:

"I can't speak on behalf of the supporters but it's a cultural thing at the moment. It's a societal, modern-day thing.

"It's not what we want. It doesn't serve any purpose. It certainly doesn't inspire anyone at the club to achieve great things.

"We all want unity. We have got that certainly from the football side of things and we just want the supporters to get behind the team, especially when they need it.

"That's what the Celtic fans do. They've done that for as long as I've been here. When things have got tough they've got right behind the team and that's what we're looking for."

On the board's statement of support:

"I think it sort of settles everyone down. I know it settles the players down for sure.

"They are really happy about that, thankfully from my point of view.

"It's full steam ahead. We just need to try to get some consistency and wins now."

On the football:

“The atmosphere is good today. The players are looking forward to the game. We all want success and the team to play the vibrant football we know they can.

“We want to use the squad tomorrow and freshen things up. Hopefully it’ll be the start of a good week, and a good run. We will endeavour to do everything we can to turn things around.

"The players are certainly feeling it and disappointed. For anyone to accuse any of our players for not understanding or not caring is way off the mark.

"We are hoping we go and put in a good performance tomorrow against Lille and then we take it from there. We are looking forward to all the games this month.

"I’ve got belief in the players. I’ve been back here almost two years and they’ve been fantastic. I have no doubt they’ll put a run together but we have to put those words into action.

“Bitton, Elhamed and Ntcham are all major doubts for tomorrow.

“We are looking at Klimala, Turnbull, Soro getting game time which they deserve and need with the run of games coming up. It’s ideal to give them an opportunity to play.”

On getting back to form:

"For me there's not an awful lot of work that needs to be done. Just that little bit of confidence. That little bit more of forward thinking, a little bit more freer in expression.

"We're just feeling a little bit anxious at times on the pitch. I get that. I've been there as a player myself. But they can play through it and that's the one thing they have to do. Train and play through it.

"Today was vibrant and we're hoping we can go out tomorrow and put in a performance against Lille and then take it from there."

"What I will say is we all want the same thing. Those fans want success, the majority of our fans want success. The players and everybody here want the same thing.

"We don't want any divisions. I understand the frustrations and the players are feeling that as well.

"But we don't like that kind of language or expression anywhere near the football stadium. It serves no purpose really."

On fans in general:

"I can't speak on behalf of the supporters but it's a cultural thing at the moment. It's a societal, modern-day thing.

"It's not what we want. It doesn't serve any purpose. It certainly doesn't inspire anyone at the club to achieve great things.

"We all want unity. We have got that certainly from the football side of things and we just want the supporters to get behind the team, especially when they need it.

"That's what the Celtic fans do. They've done that for as long as I've been here. When things have got tough they've got right behind the team and that's what we're looking for."

"I think it sort of settles everyone down. I know it settles the players down for sure.

"It's full steam ahead. We just need to try to get some consistency and wins now."

On the football:

“The atmosphere is good today. The players are looking forward to the game. We all want success and the team to play the vibrant football we know they can.

“We want to use the squad tomorrow and freshen things up. Hopefully it’ll be the start of a good week, and a good run. We will endeavour to do everything we can to turn things around.

"The players are certainly feeling it and disappointed. For anyone to accuse any of our players for not understanding or not caring is way off the mark.

"We are hoping we go and put in a good performance tomorrow against Lille and then we take it from there. We are looking forward to all the games this month.

"I’ve got belief in the players. I’ve been back here almost two years and they’ve been fantastic. I have no doubt they’ll put a run together but we have to put those words into action.

“We are looking at Klimala, Turnbull, Soro getting game time which they deserve and need with the run of games coming up. It’s ideal to give them an opportunity to play.”

On getting back to form:

"For me there's not an awful lot of work that needs to be done. Just that little bit of confidence. That little bit more of forward thinking, a little bit more freer in expression.

"We're just feeling a little bit anxious at times on the pitch. I get that. I've been there as a player myself. But they can play through it and that's the one thing they have to do. Train and play through it.

"Today was vibrant and we're hoping we can go out tomorrow and put in a performance against Lille and then take it from there."
Cloud cuckoo land.

Should we lose more than 3 in this game we will have equalled the record number of goals conceded in the group stages. More than that and we will be the proud holders.
One other we will probably set which will never be equalled is that it was the TOP SEEDED TEAM in the pot that achieved this remarkable record.

Should we lose more than 3 in this game we will have equalled the record number of goals conceded in the group stages. More than that and we will be the proud holders.
One other we will probably set which will never be equalled is that it was the TOP SEEDED TEAM in the pot that achieved this remarkable record.
Meant to say lose 3 goals not more than 3.

Same old RHETORIC from Neil, a response of deflection and deception.
He should of been a politician a lot of talking but never any clarity or possible solutions.
Waste of an interview.
Just tweet the injured list and do yer talking on the pitch.

The sooner we all realise that Lennon is a fuckin bluffer who has now been found out, the better for the lot of us. The more I hear from him the more I wouldn't let him run a bath let alone a club the size of Celtic. A monkey could have set Celtic up to win over the last couple of years simply because there was no opposition. First bit of a challenge and he hasn't a fuckin clue how to respond. First class bullshitter!

Last edited:

On fans in general:

On the football:

On getting back to form:

So fans being upset is a modern day societal thingy🤔 the players are happy the boards backed him🤔it's just a wee bit of confidence that's missing🤔somebody give Neil a hanky to wipe the shite aff his chin plz it's not a good look😡

Sadly suspect that if this team he selects plays even close to as poorly as we have done in the last 3 months then he'll say that he gave in to the clamour to play Soro, Turnbull and Klimala and they failed so they end up back on the bench.

Remember when Turnbull got on at half time, played brilliantly & turned the game around and so started the following week. He (like everyone else) played poorly and he was hauled off at hslf time (you know, like never happens to Ntcham and the rest who regularly under-perform) and has been mostly rotting away in purgatory until this last weekend.

Last edited:
Sadly suspect that if this team he selects plays even close to as poorly as we have done in the last 3 months then he'll say that he gave in to thr clamour to play Soro, Turnbull and Klimala and they failed so they end up back on the bench.

Remember when Turnbull got on at half time, played brilliantly & turned the game around and so started the following week. He (like everyone else) played poorly and he was hauled off at hslf time (you know, like never happens to Ntcham and the rest who regularly under-perform) and has been mostly rotting away in purgatory until this last weekend.
It's an utter joke, so the main players who have been playing woefully domestically all season will continue to play the domestic games if Klimala, Soro, Turnbull etc have a nightmare against the team two points off the top in France behind PSG?

Frightening levels of incompetent management.

It's an utter joke, so the main players who have been playing woefully domestically all season will continue to play the domestic games if Klimala, Soro, Turnbull etc have a nightmare against the team two points off the top in France behind PSG?

Frightening levels of incompetent management.
Picking the same guys and hoping that they’ll take pity on you and start trying a leg isn’t much of a strategy Neil. If you’re going to lose I would suggest doing it with the guys who will probably bust a gut for you. The fans will appreciate the effort if not the outcome.

Its 33/1 on bet365 for lille to win 4-1. After our last couple of games in Europe, I think its a great bet. Got a tenner on it hopefully some pocket money for the Christmas holidays

Its 33/1 on bet365 for lille to win 4-1. After our last couple of games in Europe, I think its a great bet. Got a tenner on it hopefully some pocket money for the Christmas holidays
Not sure about flagging this as a like. But should it happen you’ll at least be able to block the result out in an alcoholic stupor. With enough left over for the weekend just in case.

Back