January Transfer Window Thread

Anybody fancy signing Benkovic and Gallacher and getting rid of Duffy.

And Jozo, back on a pay-for-play basis , to get round his fitness problems. Those three covering central defence freeing big Ajer up to rampage at right-back. Go all-in for 100% results.

The season's been a disaster for luck and injury. But there's only so much the universe can throw at you until it tires. Hopefully, after that anomaly in the matrix of Jan 2nd, we're due a kick-back.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Polar opposite for the Hun bottle-merchants.

Time for Celtic to say, 'Fuck it' and get at it without inhibition.

And Jozo, back on a pay-for-play basis , to get round his fitness problems. Those three covering central defence freeing big Ajer up to rampage at right-back. Go all-in for 100% results.

The season's been a disaster for luck and injury. But there's only so much the universe can throw at you until it tires. Hopefully, after that anomaly in the matrix of Jan 2nd, we're due a kick-back.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Polar opposite for the Hun bottle-merchants.

I suggested not long ago the same. Pay as you play. No brainer for me given our predicament.

Nust seen rodgers on SSN talkin about demarai gray hes available for transfer can play either wing but Rodgers said probs better on left dont know wit he wid cost but great wee player way potential who just wants a game somewhere and by the way hes 24 now perfect age
The problem we face with such players cairnsybhoy is matching or as most players want there age is possibly an improved contract.
Would say at a guess his wage demands would be way out of our bracket throw in a big transfer fee on top and would it be value for money? I don't believe we could afford it

Leicester have given Celtic permission to open talks with Filip Benkovic over a move. The deal would be an initial loan with an option to buy in the summer.
Better get him on a pay per play made off plastesine

If we sign Gallagher he will have to wisen up heard he still plays fives with his mates ,if that's true it's got to stop you need to be mad to do that,playing for Scotland near the end off a contract and probably loads of teams willing to give him a better future ,heard he wants to go to England so better move quick if we want him ,and him and his pals are all Celtic mad

If we sign Gallagher he will have to wisen up heard he still plays fives with his mates ,if that's true it's got to stop you need to be mad to do that,playing for Scotland near the end off a contract and probably loads of teams willing to give him a better future ,heard he wants to go to England so better move quick if we want him ,and him and his pals are all Celtic mad
We let him go 10 years ago mate and i seriously doubt any club would allow their player to play 5s but i could be wrong.

Do you think he tells them?
I think if you know about it then his club will definitely know about it. And they'd refuse to allow it to continue. At my work about 15 years ago we had an ex-Aberdeen youth player who played for Forfar Athletic and then moved to Peterhead FC. He was very strictly banned from playing any sort of 5s or football of any kind out with that for the senior teams. This even continued as he slipped down into the Highland Leagues after he had left our work.

I think if you know about it then his club will definitely know about it. And they'd refuse to allow it to continue. At my work about 15 years ago we had an ex-Aberdeen youth player who played for Forfar Athletic and then moved to Peterhead FC. He was very strictly banned from playing any sort of 5s or football of any kind out with that for the senior teams. This even continued as he slipped down into the Highland Leagues after he had left our work.

Just after the 1st lockdown in England, when players were supposed to be in team bubbles, my friend went to a driving range in Surrey and James McArthur was there with a load of mates. My friend is a Crystal Palace fan and asked for a photo but McArthur said no as he would get into trouble if his club found out...what I'm saying is players can be fucking dumb sometimes 😂

Just after the 1st lockdown in England, when players were supposed to be in team bubbles, my friend went to a driving range in Surrey and James McArthur was there with a load of mates. My friend is a Crystal Palace fan and asked for a photo but McArthur said no as he would get into trouble if his club found out...what I'm saying is players can be fucking dumb sometimes 😂
Oh yeah - let's be honest, most footballers are a wee bit thick! But he is a lot less likely to get injured at a driving range than playing 5-a-side with a bunch of Motherwell nutters.

The problem we face with such players cairnsybhoy is matching or as most players want there age is possibly an improved contract.
Would say at a guess his wage demands would be way out of our bracket throw in a big transfer fee on top and would it be value for money? I don't believe we could afford it
No so sure we couldn't afford him bud cause the likes of rogic and other first team squaders will be moving on freeingup the wages hes been at Leicester since he was 17 I think so his last contract wid have been maybe 4 year ago no sure as long as he disnae sign new deal after winning the league that year I think wages wid be fine for an asset we wid make money on

No so sure we couldn't afford him bud cause the likes of rogic and other first team squaders will be moving on freeingup the wages hes been at Leicester since he was 17 I think so his last contract wid have been maybe 4 year ago no sure as long as he disnae sign new deal after winning the league that year I think wages wid be fine for an asset we wid make money on
You may have a point but would be very surprised if we could land him as I do rate him but think his current wages may be the stumbling block

Back