JF blog on Lennon as next Celtic boss

He has lost mine also. I don’t want him back now. I can’t believe he said that.

Likewise for me, for any Celtic minded individual to suggest any official to have an affinity towards Celtic is out of his mind, he has to be well aware from his own experience just how outrageus and offensive that statement was. That apart he carries to much unwelcome baggage and the focus would be more on him each week rather than what was happening on the pitch.

Neil Lennon has his faults.......as do we all.

What he said was out of character which I don't condone. No doubt however there is more to it which we we'll probably never hear about unless he writes a book one day.

What I do know for sure is that no man has endured more than he did imo for the Celtic cause and I will never forget his unflinching sacrifice and resolve in the face of unrelenting Hun attacks.

Hun skelper extraordinaire and unrepentant Fenian.

Neil Lennon I salute you!

Neil Lennon has his faults.......as do we all.

What he said was out of character which I don't condone. No doubt however there is more to it which we we'll probably never hear about unless he writes a book one day.

What I do know for sure is that no man has endured more than he did imo for the Celtic cause and I will never forget his unflinching sacrifice and resolve in the face of unrelenting Hun attacks.

Hun skelper extraordinaire and unrepentant Fenian.

Neil Lennon I salute you!

All of what you wrote just underlined how pathetic and offensive Lennon’s comments were. To use that term of 12 men sickened me and I personally find it more out of order precisely because of who he is and what he endured.

We should have scored 8, we ripped them apart, to come out with that shite was like a knife going in.

He will be remembered as a great Celt, but, imagine Nicholas had said it. What would have been the reaction there? I will tell you, he would have been called a puppet and a traitor. And rightly so. Lennon has shat in the nest and for me he can fuck of if he wants to return.

That statement was a disgrace and one he will live to regret. If he was given the job, the instance he complained about a decision it would be dug up and used to deflect. We can’t have that. He’s fucked up. Him, no one else. He’s shot himself in the head with that. Makes me sad, but, he has fucked up.

If there's one man that deserves a second chance it's Neil Lennon. I don't know why he said what he did maybe he wishes now he didn't. I hope so.

His fight with depression is well documented perhaps it played a part in what happened. Who knows with any degree of certainty if this was the case or not.

All I know is that it was totally out of character for him to say what he did knowing his love for Celtic.

So, until I am firmly convinced there was no extenuating circumstances at play I will give him the benefit of the doubt. It's the least he deserves.

Back