JF blog on Lennon as next Celtic boss

Correct : Neil Lennon's time as a Celtic manager is in the past , for several reasons .

Following on from Brendan , whenever he decides to go , is a huge ask for anyone . Lennie has given Celtic fans great memories over the years - let's not tarnish that .

Second , I would not wish on Neil the hell that being Celtic manager , for him , must have been at times during his years in the job . I challenge anyone to name a football figure in this country ( or elsewhere for that matter ) who has been treated so despicably by the ''supporters'' of Sevco's former incarnation or the media .
The man was subjected to the most virulent campaign of hate that has been visited on anyone in the 'civilised' world ; attacked in the street , attacked in his car , attacked , let us not forget , on the football pitch ! Hate mail , death threats , bullets through the post , threats to his family !
And all the while the media in this country contrived to diminish the scale and wickedness of what was visited upon him , with the godfather of fence-sitting , Hugh Keevins , having the breathtaking cowardice to claim that '' at times he brings it on himself ''rather than condemn wholeheartedly the neanderthals and bigots who perpetrated the hounding of a man whose only 'crime ' was to be Celtic manager , be a Catholic and hail from Northern Ireland .
No , Neil has done a good job for Celtic - let him find success and peace - away from the worst excesses of the Walking Dead !

Yeah I read that earlier on James’ blog.

I pretty much agree with all of it, - the perception is also important.

When Brendan does leave - we have to go for the best option, regardless of the salary.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lawwell would see it as good opportunity to save a bit on the wages, but a top manager pays for itself. I think, in general, he should be the highest paid person at any club, he’s the most important by far.

Give me someone on Rodgers’ wage instead of 2/3 squad players, who are stealing a wage, or guys like Lustig who have been average for years, every day of the week.

I don’t think the age of the manager is so important though, simply what he’s done/how highly he is regarded.

If I could choose anyone at the moment who’s potentially gettable/might be looking for a fresh challenge(even at the end of the season) it would be Eddie Howe.

I think even that could be wishful thinking though because everyone is starting to take notice of him.

Bournemouth are playing in front of less than 15,000 fans, but what a job he’s done over the last 5 years or so.

Great to watch, and probably the fittest team in the EPL.

I love Neil Lennon and given the budget he works under, i think if PL released a budget 40% higher, what could lenny do for us. He does garner that fight and respect to play, which i appreciate.

His players would run through walls for him and hibs fans must love seeing their team putting in a 100%.

And yet i find myself grudgingly agreeing with you, based on lenny’s overall experience in dealing with getting blood out a stone with PL before.

We need a really clever ball breaking genius.

HH pal ☘️

I like JFs comments about roberto Martinez - I agree that would be an ambitious follow up to Rogers when he does go, but is there anyone else suitably ‘box office’ but actually a qualified proven winner from a big league that has been mentioned? I think the board will struggle to follow Rogers and keep all fans happy - but if they are going to go with a cheaper option I think we could do far worse than Lennon

Correct : Neil Lennon's time as a Celtic manager is in the past , for several reasons .

Following on from Brendan , whenever he decides to go , is a huge ask for anyone . Lennie has given Celtic fans great memories over the years - let's not tarnish that .

Second , I would not wish on Neil the hell that being Celtic manager , for him , must have been at times during his years in the job . I challenge anyone to name a football figure in this country ( or elsewhere for that matter ) who has been treated so despicably by the ''supporters'' of Sevco's former incarnation or the media .
The man was subjected to the most virulent campaign of hate that has been visited on anyone in the 'civilised' world ; attacked in the street , attacked in his car , attacked , let us not forget , on the football pitch ! Hate mail , death threats , bullets through the post , threats to his family !
And all the while the media in this country contrived to diminish the scale and wickedness of what was visited upon him , with the godfather of fence-sitting , Hugh Keevins , having the breathtaking cowardice to claim that '' at times he brings it on himself ''rather than condemn wholeheartedly the neanderthals and bigots who perpetrated the hounding of a man whose only 'crime ' was to be Celtic manager , be a Catholic and hail from Northern Ireland .
No , Neil has done a good job for Celtic - let him find success and peace - away from the worst excesses of the Walking Dead !

Millsy
Brilliant comment !
We all love NL .. and we all Nothing better than watching him lift 10inaro title .. but I suspect we need something more powerful than that
I agree maybe he has matured!

Oh know dont say box office, slippy g will apply ffs ?
Haha - I don’t mean for the meeja to slabbed pver, more keeping the attendances up every week and keep most fans engaged....not a random famous ex pro who can barely string a sentence together :p

A cranhill YTS, they were always based around places like Queeslie etc, nae shops to buy your dinner and the places full of coffee and chocolate machines to keep you awake.

Haha olivetti or st johns ??

Haha - I don’t mean for the meeja to slabbed pver, more keeping the attendances up every week and keep most fans engaged....not a random famous ex pro who can barely string a sentence together :p

???

They would say were you from ...Calton......School atteneded RC....right got a wee course in larkhall for you to attend.

I would say... building the chapel, rc primary, painting the place green white n gold in broad daylight, singing the rebs by their masonic?...... count me the fuck in, i will work for free. ??????

We are all Neil Lennon. The amount of pure undiluted hatred of the man by the smsm commentators sevco fans and orange order should tell Catholics one thing, stand up be proud of who you are where you come from and always be above the bigoted nonsense that we have to endure on a daily basis. No More Back OF The ?? HH ☘️

I like JFs comments about roberto Martinez - I agree that would be an ambitious follow up to Rogers when he does go, but is there anyone else suitably ‘box office’ but actually a qualified proven winner from a big league that has been mentioned? I think the board will struggle to follow Rogers and keep all fans happy - but if they are going to go with a cheaper option I think we could do far worse than Lennon
Verum2 mentioned Mancini and I am sure I read he would like to manage Celtic one day. What about him?

I do agree he underwhelmed in cup competition and maybe it was a risk at the time to appoint him, but NFL now has what 8 years experience as a boss? He’s won competitions and has gotten the best out of at best decent players at both Celtic and Hibs. Is he in Rogers’ class? Of course not but no one is, we could only get Rogers because it was the right time and place for him to rehab after Liverpool and he grew up a fan, otherwise the options were Keane and Moyes if either was ever considered again I don’t think you can pretend they’re any better than Lennon

We only got him because DD wouldn’t allow the dead laughing at him thus dug deep into his own pocket.

Yet his pockets can take that a million times over.

I would take more as a Celtic fan if he was up for it.

I think he has earned his coin more astutley and morally than the gasl.

He should pay the appropriate taxes but he isn’t the only one on a very very long list of which most comprises as blue blood aristocracy.

No, i would happily accept more for the team and club from him, if he was of a mind to give it.

Not many tims can rebalance the score but he could.

HH ☘️

Verum2 mentioned Mancini and I am sure I read he would like to manage Celtic one day. What about him?
Must have missed that earlier but yea that’s at least an exciting name, great track record and I do remember him making positive noises about us before. Guess it would come down to a future vision and the money etc both for his wages and what he could spend - inter, Man City, zenit - that’s quite a step down to our budget by comparison it never say never

JF has it spot on in his article this evening
Neil is a very good manager but Celtic have moved on from Neil
The Informed opinion in the Scottish media is that Celtic will fall apart when Rodgers goes ergo why they are desperate for this to happen
We have news for you!
No they damn well won’t
At last the board and DD have taken on board the fact that a top class manager should be the highest paid ( or thereabouts) in the club
If BR for some strange reason takes the huff and walks .. cue. Mancini , Benitez , Ranieri types etc
That’s where we are now and rightly so
Meanwhile the Torag’s across the river have a YTS manager
BR knows he has to deliver with the massive advantage he has or another quality manager will be right in behind him
I like NL. Thought he was the cheap option but did better than I thought. Hamdump sealed his fate tho. Still think he is the cheap, but popular, option. When BR leaves we will be dominant domestically and pretty much nowhere in Europe. That leaves it up to the board. We had the opportunity to strengthen ... Spend money get to CL groups, which, in my humble opinion, would have kept Dembele and attracted a few signings to bolster the squad.
The board said NO. We like the pretty bottom line, play with wot u got. After BR leaves the board will choose the cheap option, cause of they won't support Brendan, how much money do you think they will give Neil????
playing devil's advocate, maybe round the corner there will be a third Euro league that we can compete in. Maybe this is what they are waiting for???? Or, still the devil's advocate, they thought BR would lead them to the promised land and it didn't happen.
If Jim McIntyre keeps Dundee up, what you think??? He's a TIM and Tommy Burns(God Bless) nearly signed him.
Now ..... Where did I put that biscuit tin???
HH

Lots of names being mentioned. But it all boils down to this Brendan Rodgers is our manager and imo here for ten in a row. We are getting ahead of ourselves with all this speculation and heresay. Leave all that to the huns and their media pals. We are much better than them. HH ☘️

Lots of names being mentioned. But it all boils down to this Brendan Rodgers is our manager and imo here for ten in a row. We are getting ahead of ourselves with all this speculation and heresay. Leave all that to the huns and their media pals. We are much better than them. HH ☘️
We should not entertain any flight of fancy, we have been here before we are the story, the team who sits upon the treasures and riches and they want a piece of it, not for any records but for a selfish corporate snatch andrun.

Did anyone start out, here, on a yts? Mines was at an itec in cranhill for business administration.

Got kicked out after an outward bound weekend went pete tong and the place got wrecked ha ???

I was on the Youth Oppurtunities Programme at Dundee College for Motor Vehicle Maintenance way back when. Total rip off, no qualification or Certificate at the end of it. £23.50 a week.
Never mind that noo tho, bring on the Hibbies, top o league for Celtic later today. How will the pro Sevco media spin the crisis when we are tap o league? I do have a lot of time for Neil Lennon, the way this country has treated him is a national disgrace. I am amazed that he wanted to come back to Scotland. Glad that he did though. The low intelligence non book reading humanish Sevconians did not deter him. If he came back to Celtic after BR I would not complain.
COYBIG
Hail Hail
Rich

Last edited:
Back