Johhny Hayes and simunovic

Winter

Super to see Johnny Hayes and big simunovic playing blinders today especially Hayes best performance in the jersey for me when he's fit you can see why we bought him long may he stay fit and simunovic also played well as I've seen from him for some time. 9 men or 11 Celtic were always going to win that game to quote paccy B it could have been 5 or 6 another beautiful Sunday bring on the smelly farts triple treble is coming to town HH COYBIG YNWA ☘☘☘x3

Sorry guys i just don't see what Hayes brings
Hayes did really well Kelly it's his instincts to take his man on down the line and has an end product good cross into the box I dont agree no disrespect with williebhoy 1967 I believe Sinclair is still the better player and his stats back that. Hayes has been unlucky through injuries and hes had to fill in at the back under BR when we've been missing KT honestly though a fit Hayes can play but still has a long way to go to emulate sinky HH

Hayes moves the ball well and he's quick. I am not sure comparing Hayes and Sinclair as an either/or is valid choice -- Scott moved the ball pretty well himself today. Of the two I would still go with Sinclair, even though I think Hayes is improving dramatically (and it appears he's a favorite of Lennon's, so . . . ).

Hayes moves the ball well and he's quick. I am not sure comparing Hayes and Sinclair as an either/or is valid choice -- Scott moved the ball pretty well himself today. Of the two I would still go with Sinclair, even though I think Hayes is improving dramatically (and it appears he's a favorite of Lennon's, so . . . ).
Hayes and Siclair gave us choices allowing us to keep a shape but allowing a change to dimensions. A squad has to have a nucleus of players to get us over the line, if we pull off even just a double, let alone a treble, it will have been achieved due to the availability of the squad we had to choose from. Of course we will strengthen but lets not throw out players, we may regret, not holding onto.

Jozo brought it out from the back brilliantly today and it came as a bit of a shock to the sheep (as well as the rest of us) however he didn't have that much to do defensively as Aberdeen carried no threat going forward. It's his clumsiness and positional awareness where his frailties lie imo so although I understand why his performance is being praised tonight I still think we need a more assured CB brought in during the summer.

Hayes showcased everything that's good about his game today, his pace, directness, crossing ability and strength to hold players off when cutting in was all on show and he had the biggest effect on the game than any other player on the pitch imo. As I said on another thread Hayes play spooked Aberdeen and it put them on the back foot allowing us to get an early foothold in the game which set us up for the rest of the match. The guy deserves a lot of praise for his performance today.

I like both Hayes and simunovic, but injuries really been their worst enemy.

Hayes looks confident in himself which I think he lacked through lack of gamete, but at Aberdeen I thought he was great. Perhaps his confidence was raised when Christie got his chance and raised him game?

I simunovic can stay fit I think he is decent defender when he is motivated.

For me Sinclair is too easily dispossessed, he takes far too many touches and seems to have lost his ability to take players on and beat them. Hayes is far more direct and a better crosser of the ball. I also noticed on a several occasions today when kt got forward, Hayes dropped back to cover for him. I know you can compare goals scored, but Sinclair got a lot of game time under Rodgers where Hayes got virtually none. I'd have Hayes all day long.

For me Sinclair is too easily dispossessed, he takes far too many touches and seems to have lost his ability to take players on and beat them. Hayes is far more direct and a better crosser of the ball. I also noticed on a several occasions today when kt got forward, Hayes dropped back to cover for him. I know you can compare goals scored, but Sinclair got a lot of game time under Rodgers where Hayes got virtually none. I'd have Hayes all day long.
can also play ball with left or right. inside or outside

I like both Hayes and simunovic, but injuries really been their worst enemy.

Hayes looks confident in himself which I think he lacked through lack of gamete, but at Aberdeen I thought he was great. Perhaps his confidence was raised when Christie got his chance and raised him game?

I simunovic can stay fit I think he is decent defender when he is motivated.

I think we should do the opposite of what we done with Ajer and turn Jozo into a no nonsense centre mid :D :unsure: He may be a bit clumsy but he's a solid big bastard and if he can keep up those driving runs then who knows he could do a job there in the more physical games.

HH TET.

Hayes and Siclair gave us choices allowing us to keep a shape but allowing a change to dimensions. A squad has to have a nucleus of players to get us over the line, if we pull off even just a double, let alone a treble, it will have been achieved due to the availability of the squad we had to choose from. Of course we will strengthen but lets not throw out players, we may regret, not holding onto.

Too sensible, Boab. (y)

I think he is shit at crossing but his work rate is good and he was fearless. So gets props on that.
Are he serious Maria? I don't know how you can say that. When he was at Aberdeen, he had the most assists in the league. He's the best crosser of a ball at Celtic, by a mile. Every ball is put into the danger area, but our forwards have been that used to a shit delivery, that none of them gamble on a good ball in. He should also be hittin the corners too.

Back