John James / What’s Really Going On At Celtic

Stephen McKee

1538388927756.png

This was posted yesterday by John James, but seems to have been removed today. Is it a load of rubbish? Not having a go at John James or Harry Brady and appreciate it's just a transcript. Personally I hope we've just hit a slump in form and things are going to pick up! Sinclair's back heel on Saturday is reason to be cheerful!

JJ took it down today. He apologized and said he was misled and hoodwinked by a source. This is a rare error by him and i’d encourage all Celtic supporters to subscribe to his site and donate if possible. His writing is usually flawless and insightful. HH

Apologised for what mate?

I just listened to the full podcast(90 mins) and what he’s written is pretty much what Harry Brady and the 2 other lads say/discuss!

They do go into a bit of detail, say they have heard the same stories from different sources etc etc.

I don’t have a clue if any of it is true.

Something has been/is bubbling away under the surface though.

I think what is a given is that Lawwell and Brendan have pretty big ego’s!

View attachment 91

This was posted yesterday by John James, but seems to have been removed today. Is it a load of rubbish? Not having a go at John James or Harry Brady and appreciate it's just a transcript. Personally I hope we've just hit a slump in form and things are going to pick up! Sinclair's back heel on Saturday is reason to be cheerful!
a catch22 situation. Brendan wants to quit because he's not being backed / He is not being backed because he wants to leave. Time for Mr Desmond to make a decision. One of them, in my humble opinion, has to go.

I think this is partly true but why would Rodgers create such a stink about McGinn if he was leaving?

Also why would our players lose focus and drop the level of performance because of anything the Board had done. It had to be something concerning Rodgers.

So I think Rodgers wants to leave and the players know it. I think his complaints about McGinn etc are all attempts to shift blame from the supporters to Lawwell and the Board.

Brendan has been a good manager for us but his signings have been poor. The last few games there has been only 3 of the 20 signings in the team. He is good at coaching and that's why he has got performances from the players who were already here. His signings at other clubs have been much criticised when in post.

Apologised for what mate?

I just listened to the full podcast(90 mins) and what he’s written is pretty much what Harry Brady and the 2 other lads say/discuss!

They do go into a bit of detail, say they have heard the same stories from different sources etc etc.

I don’t have a clue if any of it is true.

Something has been/is bubbling away under the surface though.

I think what is a given is that Lawwell and Brendan have pretty big ego’s!
Has the podcast been taken down,what was the title ,i couldnt see it cheers

Think everyone knew that there was a bit of a problem considering the teams that were put out in the Hearts game and to a lesser extent the Kilmarnock game, to change half the team you lose fluency and run the risk of losing which we did but we're a bit unlucky not to have a draw from both games

Has the podcast been taken down,what was the title ,i couldnt see it cheers

Yeah it took me a lot of fannying about to find it, - I had to download it, I’ve just tried to do it again without any joy.

The reason I asked why John James had apologised is because what he’s written/the transcript(at the start of this thread) is pretty much exactly what was said.

So I’m a little confused myself.

It had(originally) nothing to do with JJ - it was Harry Brady, Remy McSwain and Lawrence Donegan discussing it.

There was a bit of surmising, but also bits that did add up.

Supposedly It was said in French during one of Lyons press conferences that Dembele had called Rodgers a hypocrite because he had proposed the idea of going to China(together)- in the summer.

I don’t have a clue but we know he called Brendan two faced. I also think the timing of the leak the other day about Rodgers knocking back these brilliant offers was a little peculiar.

Bottom line is we need to gut the squad over the next two transfer windows, get the wage thief’s out the door, and add a little quality.

I hope Brendan stays, apart from in the transfer window he’s been brilliant, but it’s not about him, and it’s certainly not about Peter Lawwell.

It always has been, and always will be - the King is dead, long live the King.

Dembelle to China?..it was sort of ok as a wee story till that...personally feel there has been a fall out re mcginn..and the other transfer failures...and David Moyes? Naw!!!

JJ took it down today. He apologized and said he was misled and hoodwinked by a source. This is a rare error by him and i’d encourage all Celtic supporters to subscribe to his site and donate if possible. His writing is usually flawless and insightful. HH
I had to read your post a few times.... Are you serious or taking the piss? Subscribe and donate to that shite!!! To quote Billy the kid in young guns "I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a bush fire". Obviously this halfwit has been hoodwinked by a Hun. This story is not worth the airtime it's been given!

Sealegslez, I read John James site at first and like you thought he was pretty good. And to be fair he comes through with a decent article occasionally. However his constant begging bowl , condescending attitude to contributors, his laughable sycophantic, made up posters e.g. the mensch and the outrageous assertions that he has to live in exile because loyalist hitmen are scouring the globe to assassinate him because his forensic examinations of sevco are too excoriating, .are frankly insulting to anyone's intelligence.
When he started he was receiving 50/70 comments per article. Now he has pissed off so many contributors that he is lucky to get into double figures. He has the the cheek to call his site the Sitonfence Speakeasy but it's only easy if you cough up a financial contribution to his lifelong ambition to separate his belly from his backbone. Says it all really.
He has been exposed as an unrepentant plagiarist, who loves to accuse others of the the same thing. Nothing he opines cannot be found elsewhere on the internet or is a regurgitated previously boring article about the iniquitous Dave King.
As a last aside, he also has a fetish with tedious sexual innuendo and a weird obsession with Delmonica's and the Polo Lounge. And a Tory dick to boot.

That made me smile mate/cheered me up!

I didn’t know much about this character(JJ) - I’ve heard Celtic fans say oh you should check out the website, others say he’s from the dark side/talks a lot of horse shit and not to bother!

All rather bizarre, and a strange way to be carrying on!

And that’s saying something coming from me! ?

You need to stay off whatever it is that’s warping your brain.

JJ is a fantasist, a beggar, posts comments to himself (themench for one) and just repeats the same old same old in differing formats

After the McGinn debacle and the not great start to the season, it is understandable to be concerned, but let's not forget that Bloggers by nature and by default have a need to write news, even if it is made up assumptive of the moment. Bloggers are a lot like spoilt wee girls in the playground fighting over who looks at them most and crying louder when not getting attention.
Most blogs should be taken with a large pinch of their self promoting salt! and especially the ones who claim to be linked to the board and in the know!

As the saying goes a stopped clock is right at least twice a day, anyone can eventually forecast a share collapse or a weather trend if they keep on repeating supposed shocking news!

But answer this!
Who did Griff (recently given a new contract) run like a child to hug when he scored the other day?
He ran specifically to a man that's according to 'in the know' is supposedly abandoning ship in a months time, one that Griff would not need to be particularly impressing or impressed with! Does not really add up does it!
Does that also answer the rumours raised here about whispers that Griff was supposedly signed above BR's head!
Griff would have heard or been told if this was the case! and if it were true then it's highly unlikely that he would have run out his way specifically to BR! Does not really add up does it!

Much stinks a lot like sevco dead zombie king last chance saloon worrying about all his chips resting on novice chaser scouse boy, stinks a lot like zombie PR darkside poo supposed news being spread out (by rumour mills) as the only avenue the zombie king has as alternative to having any actual money to lay off his losses in every way when it goes wrong.

Bear in mind the zombie king was clearly thinking of this last chance saloon, remember his talk of Celtic missing out on CL money for a year or two could be the difference of sevco catching up financially. How low he must have been when Celtic got 20 millions or so for a player that did not want to play for Celtic anymore!

Beware the eyes of muc.

btw a reality check for those who imagine BR can just be bought! BR is already a multi Millionaire! This reality was clear before he ever moved to Celtic and it was clear then he did so not for the money. BR could have got more elsewhere far closer than China!
BR is a very wealthy man, we know from recent news that Klopp rents BR's home in Liverpool, but that was just one his many houses from his property portfolio of more than 100 houses that we know of via credible sources.

Despite being a small Celtic PLC share holder from McCanns days near 20 years, I have no inside knowledge what so ever, but I can watch matches and interviews and consider the state of things, and can google and research for my own opinion based on credible sources where ever they currently may be, and then think about what it all adds up to.
It's currently clear enough that no one really knows what is going on behind closed doors, except those actually inside.

Mind you if enough of this speculative shyte is spread on behalf of the zombies last hope, then who could blame anyone for having enough.
Besides there is no need for any of us to spread speculative shyte when we have supposed Celtic supporters in the likes Commons and what ever those older wee fellas who work for sky are called.

Last edited:
Bloggers by nature and by default have a need to write news, even if it is made up assumptive of the moment. Bloggers are a lot like spoilt wee girls in the playground fighting over who looks at them most and crying louder when not getting attention.
Most blogs should be taken with a large pinch of their self promoting salt! and especially the ones who claim to be linked to the board and in the know
!

Jim - as a "blogger" I pride myself on not conforming to the above.

If i were to publish an "exclusive" I'd be going down the same route that most journalists do - always check your sources. It's best to have two in any news story. Directly quote from them where possible because it's their words, not yours.

Bloggers often have opinion pieces rather than news pieces or that that are news are regurgitated from Newsnow or Press Releases.

I'd pinpoint JJ as being the worst source of exclusives....I don't read his stuff anymore as it's utter conjecture and hearsay. As for Phil...he got it spot on 7/8 years ago but since then I've yet to see any further evidence that he's got it right again and rarely read his "exclusives". Maybe I'm being cynical or harsh to a degree but he's been telling us that the Newco will divebomb into the abyss again. I can't see it happening.

In saying that, I can't say there is anyone else of note who gets it right or has had an exclusive of note.

I had to read your post a few times.... Are you serious or taking the piss? Subscribe and donate to that shite!!! To quote Billy the kid in young guns "I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a bush fire". Obviously this halfwit has been hoodwinked by a Hun. This story is not worth the airtime it's been given!
Good quote. Made me chuckle. The original story came from a podcast by Harry Brady as far as i can ascertain, and JJ quoted it at the start of the article. He didn’t suggest it was an exclusive by him.
And yes, as you probably realise now i was being serious. There are few football bloggers who write as concisely as he does in my view. If you think he’s shite, that’s your opinion and of no consequence to me. We’re all free to read and support whoever we feel articulates incisive pieces on the issues that face Scottish football. I stand by my opinion and say he does.

Good quote. Made me chuckle. The original story came from a podcast by Harry Brady as far as i can ascertain, and JJ quoted it at the start of the article. He didn’t suggest it was an exclusive by him.
And yes, as you probably realise now i was being serious. There are few football bloggers who write as concisely as he does in my view. If you think he’s shite, that’s your opinion and of no consequence to me. We’re all free to read and support whoever we feel articulates incisive pieces on the issues that face Scottish football. I stand by my opinion and say he does.
I've seen some of his stuff and read a bit about him. I just don't trust someone who used to be a Hun and jumped ship and now he's reporting on all things Celtic. Personally I would rather donate money to charity or someone in more need than some lad hiding behind a fake name on the Internet. I'm also very suspicious as to why you are on a Celtic forum advertising for the aforementioned individual. Maybe you have nothing to do with him whatsoever? I just found your post very strange!

Latest posts

Back