John Kennedy- A celtic man??

CarlisleReiver

Sadly I watched the game even knowing the result-- I'm in quaratine in Melbourne so I've nothing better to do!!

What was Kennedy thinking, was he actually thinking about the future of our club? I can only say NO!

He has been around the club for years, knows all the players from youth all the way up, so last nights game was a time to give some young bhoys their chance. Below is a list of reasons why he doesn't have the future of our cub at heart.

1. Ismaila Soro was bought as a long term replacement for Brown. A 22 year player bought for a few million quid that played in just 16 games for us. He doesn't even start??? Brown who will be playing for Aberdeen next season starts. When Brown is subbed Soro doesn't even come on. WTF?

2. Loan players - Kenny & Elyounoussi both start? Do we not have 2 youth players champing on the bit to have a game? WTF?

3. Bain in goals - However, Hazard a 23years old who has just signed a long term contract doesn't start? WTF?

4. Tom Rogic & Nir Bitton - 2 Players who's time at the club is over. A new manager will NOT be building a team around these two. The Evergeen in the suez canal turn's quicker than these two.and these two aren't ever green, WTF?

5. Dembele - The youngster’s contract runs out in the summer. Was this why he got some game time? If we deemed him good enough why hasn't he played more than 4 games for us? Bizarre and WTF?

I'll stop now, but if anyone thinks that Kennedy should remain at the club in any capacity needs to answer why he did the 5 things above, because for me he wasn't looking towards the future of our club. He wasn't showing or having a look a the youth for himself or for a new manager coming in. He wasn't giving the likes of Soro a chance to get some much needed game time.

This end of the season should not be a long testimonial for Brown, Rogic, Bitton we have seen enough of them. It's all about the future. And the future just isn't Kennedy. Thanks for the service and I wish you well, but you need to get off the Celtic teat and start fending for yourself.

I'm just waiting for Patrick Duffy to jump out of the shower (older fans will understand this one!).

What an horrendous season! I can only look forward to three things, them losing a league game, them losing the Scottish Cup and the start of next season!

As to the question, is Kennedy a Celtic man? 100% Yes. Is he a future full time Celtic managet? 100% Not!

But as the OP says, I wish him well for his future.

I don’t think it’s Kennedy not being a Celtic man,
I believe this season has been down to a lack of player management, a lack game management, a lack of trust with the next generation of youth players. It’s same old same old. That’s why we didn’t win the 10 this year. There’s no zest to change things up, no appetite to try something different. There’s a stink of old pals act with the team sheet. The management setup this season was so ill equipped to navigate the rough waters of an expected Rangers resurgence. Everyone from the board down must go. I don’t know why we always wait till the horse has bolted before making necessary changes.

Definitely a Tim. Just to make it clear I don't want him in the mgmt slot but a few of your reasons I feel need an attempted answer.

Kennedy has been involved at all levels and by now should have a good idea of the quality we have at youth level.
Might be a tough pill to swallow but maybe our current crop simply aren't good enough?
If these guys are playing well consistently in training with the senior side then of course give them a bit of game time but to play them just because they are young then no I can't back that.

Bar obviously Robertson track any number of youth that have left at the 18 or a bit older bracket and say who you would buy back and start.

1. Soro I'm with you on that one. Only criticism is his positioning but he has made plenty of tackles and buzzed about whenever he has been played. It's a mystery to me why his game time has evaporated.

2. We have no RBs, Ralston simply isn't good enough and has no future at the club. No fit wide players so guys like Ely and RC will get game time even though they drift in. It's that or no width at all.
We also don't know the terms of Kennys deal. It could have game time included.

3. Connor the flap master Hazard isn't a better keeper than Bain. Positioning has shown to be shocking and the fact that Naysmith can bully him shows he can't hold his own physically despite his size. I think the new deal was just a hope to get a wee bit of coin.

4. Bitton is a utility back up player. It's only him and Welsh that are fit and can play CB. Duffy is unlikely to ever pull on the hoops again unless it's as a fan.
Rogic - needed goals. It's a long shot and no I don't think he will stay but its still Kennedys job to win matches.

5. Dembele - where do I start with this wee guy. Reports are that he doesn't apply himself in training and his attitude is poor. Can't comment on how he trains but he has posted several things on social media and liked comments he shouldn't have.
Liked frimpongs pop at the club
Liked a post saying furloughing celtics u18 was a joke
Liked a post saying a big club was showing interest in him
The more paranoid could sniff a dig if you read between the lines with the response to luca moving out on loan and getting game time
“Finally 👀🔥” Okoflex
“Good to see my guy playing 😍🔥” KD
"Yess love it 💕" frimpong

Mibi not but its the same three that pop up in a few of these social media efforts.
Griff got hammered for his social media. Dembele is gone

Unfortunately the next season is going to be all about building a first team as cover is needed everywhere. We need to spend money everywhere. It's going to be tough for the youth to break through as these new signings will have to be played.

I would love to see more homegrown stars emerge but not many guys make it to top level players.

Last edited:
I've no problem with the team JK picked, I've a big problem with the way that team performed. A big problem with, it but not surprised in any way by it. A contradiction ? Absolutely. But as far as I'm concerned it kind of sums up the malaise we've experienced this season. I'm sorry, but I've still to be convinced our youngsters are as good as we think they are. I certainly HOPE the majority of them do make the grade, and perhaps if they had been playing regularly we would have seen three or four of them last night. Also, the youngsters nearest to a first team run are out on loan are they not ?.

Our problems stem from a complete failure of our recruitment of players. The " buy with a view of selling on for a healthy profit " has been a disaster. In fairness to the club they actually did try to sign players they thought could make the difference this season Barkas, Ajeti permanent . Duffy, laxalt, Kenny . All on loan. All for serious money by Scottish standards. And all serious failures.

The scouting department will be, and has been, tried and found guilty. Lenny had to go, no question about that; but he carried the can for several others in positions of importance.

Speaking for myself, I'm finding it pretty much impossible to get the juices flowing as regards the games we have left. Games against The Dons are always relished. Not last night. Just another game we needed to play before ending the season.

Is JK a Celtic man ? Of course he is. I'm sad to be even having to answer that question.
Should he be the gaffer next season ? No.

This has been the season from hell. I for one could never have imagined it would be as bad. But you know what ? Now that it's over there's a part of me already looking forward to the challenge ahead. New manager, new scouting personell, new CEO. A new dawn. It's still a pleasure to be a Celtic supporter.

I've no problem with the team JK picked, I've a big problem with the way that team performed. A big problem with, it but not surprised in any way by it. A contradiction ? Absolutely. But as far as I'm concerned it kind of sums up the malaise we've experienced this season. I'm sorry, but I've still to be convinced our youngsters are as good as we think they are. I certainly HOPE the majority of them do make the grade, and perhaps if they had been playing regularly we would have seen three or four of them last night. Also, the youngsters nearest to a first team run are out on loan are they not ?.

Our problems stem from a complete failure of our recruitment of players. The " buy with a view of selling on for a healthy profit " has been a disaster. In fairness to the club they actually did try to sign players they thought could make the difference this season Barkas, Ajeti permanent . Duffy, laxalt, Kenny . All on loan. All for serious money by Scottish standards. And all serious failures.

The scouting department will be, and has been, tried and found guilty. Lenny had to go, no question about that; but he carried the can for several others in positions of importance.

Speaking for myself, I'm finding it pretty much impossible to get the juices flowing as regards the games we have left. Games against The Dons are always relished. Not last night. Just another game we needed to play before ending the season.

Is JK a Celtic man ? Of course he is. I'm sad to be even having to answer that question.
Should he be the gaffer next season ? No.

This has been the season from hell. I for one could never have imagined it would be as bad. But you know what ? Now that it's over there's a part of me already looking forward to the challenge ahead. New manager, new scouting personell, new CEO. A new dawn. It's still a pleasure to be a Celtic supporter.
new avator for you

Untitled.png

At the end of the day, Kennedy is contracted and duty bound to pick the strongest team possible and to win games for Celtic...the integrity of the club and the league would have been made a mockery of if we picked a younger weakened side.Other teams still have position and European places to play for.. On paper the side he picked is our strongest but ultimately 70% of these players are not on their game for whatever reason.
To question his "Celtic man" credentials is an absolute insult..he has given his life to the club...sure he might not be worthy of the full time gig just yet but I can see him at the helm in the future...Give the guy a break FFS

At the end of the day, Kennedy is contracted and duty bound to pick the strongest team possible and to win games for Celtic...the integrity of the club and the league would have been made a mockery of if we picked a younger weakened side.Other teams still have position and European places to play for.. On paper the side he picked is our strongest but ultimately 70% of these players are not on their game for whatever reason.
To question his "Celtic man" credentials is an absolute insult..he has given his life to the club...sure he might not be worthy of the full time gig just yet but I can see him at the helm in the future...Give the guy a break FFS
Send is some a that Portuguese Buckie mate 😂😂😂😂

Personally I was pleased that Big John got the chance to show his capabilities - unfortunately he has also come up short and clearly needs some time away to develop his own managerial style. With any luck history can repeat itself and in time we can welcome him back to lead the team to create even more history,

Sadly I watched the game even knowing the result-- I'm in quaratine in Melbourne so I've nothing better to do!!

What was Kennedy thinking, was he actually thinking about the future of our club? I can only say NO!

He has been around the club for years, knows all the players from youth all the way up, so last nights game was a time to give some young bhoys their chance. Below is a list of reasons why he doesn't have the future of our cub at heart.

1. Ismaila Soro was bought as a long term replacement for Brown. A 22 year player bought for a few million quid that played in just 16 games for us. He doesn't even start??? Brown who will be playing for Aberdeen next season starts. When Brown is subbed Soro doesn't even come on. WTF?

2. Loan players - Kenny & Elyounoussi both start? Do we not have 2 youth players champing on the bit to have a game? WTF?

3. Bain in goals - However, Hazard a 23years old who has just signed a long term contract doesn't start? WTF?

4. Tom Rogic & Nir Bitton - 2 Players who's time at the club is over. A new manager will NOT be building a team around these two. The Evergeen in the suez canal turn's quicker than these two.and these two aren't ever green, WTF?

5. Dembele - The youngster’s contract runs out in the summer. Was this why he got some game time? If we deemed him good enough why hasn't he played more than 4 games for us? Bizarre and WTF?

I'll stop now, but if anyone thinks that Kennedy should remain at the club in any capacity needs to answer why he did the 5 things above, because for me he wasn't looking towards the future of our club. He wasn't showing or having a look a the youth for himself or for a new manager coming in. He wasn't giving the likes of Soro a chance to get some much needed game time.

This end of the season should not be a long testimonial for Brown, Rogic, Bitton we have seen enough of them. It's all about the future. And the future just isn't Kennedy. Thanks for the service and I wish you well, but you need to get off the Celtic teat and start fending for yourself.
I will never understand dropping soro just wen he was coming onto a game and settling into team the tried n trusted let us all doon this season so why does Kennedy keep playing same shite players?? Because he's a fuckin coward is this really the type of gaffer people want who's too bloody scared to try new things???

Personally I was pleased that Big John got the chance to show his capabilities - unfortunately he has also come up short and clearly needs some time away to develop his own managerial style. With any luck history can repeat itself and in time we can welcome him back to lead the team to create even more history,
That's a good assessment. As to the question of whether John Kennedy is a Celtic man, the answer is clearly absolutely. Is he Celtic manager material? Not yet, despite being in the wings for a while.

Kennedy is more Celtic than many of the posters here. He gives his everything to Celtic. He is the incumbent manager and if he is not appointed then the Board has to appoint someone better. That's a fact. He is on a job trial and is as successful as Lennon was. If we thrash Sevco next week his chance of retaining the post go up.

Kennedy is more Celtic than many of the posters here. He gives his everything to Celtic. He is the incumbent manager and if he is not appointed then the Board has to appoint someone better. That's a fact. He is on a job trial and is as successful as Lennon was. If we thrash Sevco next week his chance of retaining the post go up.
No don't agree so ur saying it all rides on the meaningless hun game???hes had the helm for few weeks and its just the status quo same old shite 😴

This whole idea of anyone ''being a Celtic man '' is part of our problem and certainly contributed to this miserable season turning out to be utter SH*TE !

What difference does it make if someone is viewed as ''a Celtic man '' ?

We have employed many 'Celtic men ' who have let us down , while we have prospered with many , many who have NOT been 'Celtic men ' .

And it is not just the supporters who are prone to this ''Celtic man '' affliction - the Board have certainly been culpable at times and this has been particularly damaging at times .

Let's employ people who are good at what they do regardless of their background .

HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back