John Park is definitely the missing link.

Our Club needs a significant overhaul.....the Board needs gutting.....new blood and new innovative ideas are needed.....with a comprehensive modern strategic plan put in place for the next 5 years and beyond.....and the right people sourced to implement things.....and every effort should be made to get us out of this Hun infested league...

John Park has stopped short of saying Lawwell wants to be the school captain
where he does all the sourcing of players, negotiations, cost of players and sale of players.
Lawwell is so far up himself he does not realise the animosity he has caused between the fans and the board, will any board member have the baws to tell him ?? probably not..

HH

There's a lot of dodgy dealings going on with Agents and ALL who do dealings with them....Sure it was on Panorama or something a while ago.....Anything where big money is involved will always attract gangsters....

Have they found oot yet who torched his cars/hoose.....

There's a lot of dodgy dealings going on with Agents and ALL who do dealings with them....Sure it was on Panorama or something a while ago.....Anything where big money is involved will always attract gangsters....

Have they found oot yet who torched his cars/hoose.....
Dom Mackay jist fir 🌲 (all eg Ed ly)

HH 🌲

When John Parks joined us I said he was Celtic's biggest signing in recent years. Although there were some failures I believe overall he was an outstanding success for us.

Maybe Park's time is gone now but we need a modern-day version of him to help us find new gems, but I'd still trust his judgement on footballers rather than Lawwell or Nicholson!

If, as John Park is saying, Celtic were 'ahead of the curve' in recruitment, using analytics and data as well as having a scouting network, what happened? Who decided to abandon that and decide not to keep ahead of the curve? Who abandoned the scouting network? Who abandoned the analytics and data driven process? And just as importantly, why? If it was 'ahead of the curve', and was working why didn't they not only keep this process but improve on it?
It seems to come back to one man, no doubt doing the bidding of another.

A while back Niall wrote an article on Park and basically saying he should be brought back. He got in touch via an intermediary to praise Niall's article, making one or two observations and suggesting there would be no Celtic return while Lawwell was still there. Make of that what you will.

If I remember correctly it was Niel McGuinness, a member of Park's team who sourced most of the super signings whilst working for Park, who gets all the credit. I may be wrong. Help me out.

If I remember correctly it was Niel McGuinness, a member of Park's team who sourced most of the super signings whilst working for Park, who gets all the credit. I may be wrong. Help me out.
Neil McGuinness was Celtic's senior first team scout when VVD signed. He is now Director of Scouting at Columbus Crew having previously worked with Xavi in Qatar.
McGuinness was rumoured to be one of the names in the frame when the board were pretending to be looking for a Director of Football.

Neil McGuinness was Celtic's senior first team scout when VVD signed. He is now Director of Scouting at Columbus Crew having previously worked with Xavi in Qatar.
McGuinness was rumoured to be one of the names in the frame when the board were pretending to be looking for a Director of Football.
That's right. It was not Jonh Park.

I'd have been interested to hear from parks just what the differences are between his job at blackburn now and his job then at Celtic. I would be surprised to hear many differences at all tbh. Hes a scout and puts forward recommendations for the club to act or not act upon. This is not defending liewell in any way or our board whove actually spent more in recent seasons. Would be interesting to hear this though. Park doesnt decide who blackburn sign same at Celtic.

We really shud be setting all that back up I can't believe we done away with all that side of the set up actually its fuckin scandalous that some arsehole who's probably never even kicked a baw thought he knew better than a proven system🤬🤬

Edit...if we temporarily suspended all that because of cost way covid fair enuf but I ain't believing that

When John Parks joined us I said he was Celtic's biggest signing in recent years. Although there were some failures I believe overall he was an outstanding success for us.

Maybe Park's time is gone now but we need a modern-day version of him to help us find new gems, but I'd still trust his judgement on footballers rather than Lawwell or Nicholson!
John Park was the under 16/17 coach when my son played for Motherwell He has a great eye for a player and knows exactly what and who is needed I wished he had never left Celtic All the snakes fault 🍀🍀😡

John Park was the under 16/17 coach when my son played for Motherwell He has a great eye for a player and knows exactly what and who is needed I wished he had never left Celtic All the snakes fault 🍀🍀😡
I'm not saying you're wrong SGhirl but is it really Rodgers the snakes fault? I was of the impression rightly or wrongly that Parks problem was with lawell. Though I'll admit right off that I'm unsure why? I can understand Parks feeling undermined or feeling irrelevant if his good recommendations are almost always completely ignored if hes the chief scout and head of the network of scouts Celtic have worldwide. As a scout though we know parks advice was followed through on by the board to hugely benefit the club van dijk wanyama many others as well. I said earlier in a post I'd be interested to know what the differences are between his job as Blackburn's chief scout compared to being Celtic's. I'd hazard a guess not much except for a personal relationship with his task master. Obviously not good with lawell given that what hes been saying of late all about Celtic ? Not great at blackburn either else hed be speaking of them. His scouts find value for money players nearing end of contract and its passed up the chain to him to follow up on or bin the scouted player(s) those he chooses are recommended for the club and the finance department ( Peter lawell) to consider yes or no. Whys Parks getting so wound up by this ? He doesnt choose Blackburn's side nor Celtic's never did so it's a personal clash of characters I believe. Is it lawell though? Could be DD we know very little. I dont think parks is saying much yet anyway I'd rather he just came out and said lawell has too much influence and we'd all get it. The personal issues, family reasons etc is brain fog the massive majority of Celtic fans could deal with the truth , we already suspect it anyways HH

I'm not saying you're wrong SGhirl but is it really Rodgers the snakes fault? I was of the impression rightly or wrongly that Parks problem was with lawell. Though I'll admit right off that I'm unsure why? I can understand Parks feeling undermined or feeling irrelevant if his good recommendations are almost always completely ignored if hes the chief scout and head of the network of scouts Celtic have worldwide. As a scout though we know parks advice was followed through on by the board to hugely benefit the club van dijk wanyama many others as well. I said earlier in a post I'd be interested to know what the differences are between his job as Blackburn's chief scout compared to being Celtic's. I'd hazard a guess not much except for a personal relationship with his task master. Obviously not good with lawell given that what hes been saying of late all about Celtic ? Not great at blackburn either else hed be speaking of them. His scouts find value for money players nearing end of contract and its passed up the chain to him to follow up on or bin the scouted player(s) those he chooses are recommended for the club and the finance department ( Peter lawell) to consider yes or no. Whys Parks getting so wound up by this ? He doesnt choose Blackburn's side nor Celtic's never did so it's a personal clash of characters I believe. Is it lawell though? Could be DD we know very little. I dont think parks is saying much yet anyway I'd rather he just came out and said lawell has too much influence and we'd all get it. The personal issues, family reasons etc is brain fog the massive majority of Celtic fans could deal with the truth , we already suspect it anyways HH
I agree with you 100% The point I was making was BR wanted John Park away so he could bring in his own man Lee Congerton I just place John Park above Lee Congerton in terms of scout IMO

I agree with you 100% The point I was making was BR wanted John Park away so he could bring in his own man Lee Congerton I just place John Park above Lee Congerton in terms of scout IMO
And I agree with you shottsghirl though normally at most clubs the manager gets to pick the team they want. Not so at Celtic. If as you say about it being Rodgers fault for wanting his own man. ( which I respectfully disagree with but agree that parks better than congerton hands down) why then hasnt parks come back home? Hes had a few opportunities to since BR but chose to work for lower league clubs instead. This Is what makes me think that parks problem isnt or wasnt with Rodgers but more likely imo lawell. Will we ever know? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I just wish if parks is talking about Celtic then tell us the whys and why nots as every time he says something it's never told me anything . Perhaps hes gagged though I'd find that hard to believe or hopefully he does see himself back at paradise in the future so doesnt want to rock the boat HH

the bottom line is that to progress we need rid of dik and his followers. they feed on the blood of others. gathering untold riches. dd the guy tht had money but no credibility. the ultimate failure

Members online

Latest posts

Back