Johnston : Academy Breakout of the Year

Watched him a lot in the reserves and it looked far too easy for him at times.Think he'll be a big player for us soon enough?

I hope you are right.
In one of my infrequent thoughtful moments I was considering when was the last time I watched Celts and heard a genuine buzz from the crowd when a specific player got the ball. I think the most recent ones till this season were Henrik and Naka. While Johnson might get to that point it really was quite a buzz to see young Dembele come on and set the crowd alight. He looks and indeed sounds the part.
Give him the 7!!
HH

I hope you are right.
In one of my infrequent thoughtful moments I was considering when was the last time I watched Celts and heard a genuine buzz from the crowd when a specific player got the ball. I think the most recent ones till this season were Henrik and Naka. While Johnson might get to that point it really was quite a buzz to see young Dembele come on and set the crowd alight. He looks and indeed sounds the part.
Give him the 7!!
HH
Was thinkin the other day when was the last time we had so many promising youngsters come through at the same time.Johnstone ,Dembele,Hendo and theres a few others .The futures looking good for us if these guys keep improving .

I was delighted to read that Lennon agrees with me that he needs to bulk up. Improve his core strength for the simple reason that if he doesn’t his true potential will not be realised in today’s game. I hope he listens and I’m sure he will work in that. If he does we have a real top class player, rather than one that can do a couple of fancies then drifts out of the game. Over to you son.

I was delighted to read that Lennon agrees with me that he needs to bulk up. Improve his core strength for the simple reason that if he doesn’t his true potential will not be realised in today’s game. I hope he listens and I’m sure he will work in that. If he does we have a real top class player, rather than one that can do a couple of fancies then drifts out of the game. Over to you son.

Mind you said he was a step back too ???

Only messin

Mind you said he was a step back too ???

Only messin

If he doesn’t beef up that’s exactly what he will be. I never questioned his natural ability, what I said repeatedly is if you can’t comoete physically we are a man down in tough games, and not just with hackers, good strong players playing fair can easily muscle him away.

If you are going to quote me lady, give the whole context of what I said. :)

Last edited:
If he doesn’t beef up that’s exactly what he will be. I never questioned his natural ability, what I said repeatedly is if you can’t comoete physically we are a man down in tough games, and bit just with hackers, good strong players playing fair can easily muscle him away.

If you are going to quote me lady, give the whole context of what I said. :)

Well Sir, i was referencing your Lenny comments ?? not MJ, i know you have football nous.

Lol. You are becoming a right laugh on this forum. I like the new you ????

Well Sir, i was referencing your Lenny comments ?? not MJ, i know you have football nous.

Lol. You are becoming a right laugh on this forum. I like the new you ????

Lenny still has to prove he has a better eye for a player this window. I like how’s hes started as Turnbull I think will be really good. It’s the defence which has always given me nightmares. A few of the players mentioned, although we don’t realky know if we are actually going for them, because there are dozens linked. But, the Danish and Julien I like. I like the young Luca too. I love Lenny but I don’ t let love blind how I will assess how’s he’s doing.

He knows what’s at stake and doesn’t want to be blamed for fucking it up. That’s good, because it will make him stronger in convincing our money men what he needs, not justvto win 10, but to give us a right chance to qualify for the CL and once there, knock a few teams on their arse.

I think he will.

Lenny still has to prove he has a better eye for a player this window. I like how’s hes started as Turnbull I think will be really good. It’s the defence which has always given me nightmares. A few of the players mentioned, although we don’t realky know if we are actually going for them, because there are dozens linked. But, the Danish and Julien I like. I like the young Luca too. I love Lenny but I don’ t let love blind how I will assess how’s he’s doing.

He knows what’s at stake and doesn’t want to be blamed for fucking it up. That’s good, because it will make him stronger in convincing our money men what he needs, not justvto win 10, but to give us a right chance to qualify for the CL and once there, knock a few teams on their arse.

I think he will.

You do know I’m pulling your leg ??

I think he will.

Yep 100% agree about our defence. Its gave me sleepless nights worrying about that over the last couple of seasons ??

I k ow, but my mother used it and she never meant any racial or cultural slur, just that it meant you were thick. Unless we can’t say people are thick now, then I’m fucked.

I dont get a racist vibe from you don’t worry.

I personally hate that term or when my gran used darkie. I like people for what they bring to the table as humans and i like variance in skin colours.

My only hatred is for the manky hun.

I dont get a racist vibe from you don’t worry.

I personally hate that term or when my gran used darkie. I like people for what they bring to the table as humans and i like variance in skin colours.

My only hatred is for the manky hun.

I’m not worried. :)

The terms you cited are fucking awful. I look at rightwing Nazi types proclaiming white supremacy whilst unable to spell on their placards and I think, you’re a thick uneducated prick. I would keep quiet about proclaiming yourself superior to anything mate.

Members online

Latest posts

Back