Johnston and Henderson

Gary67

Should they now be considered first team players and play more games next season or should they be loaned out for a season?
Johnston has 22 appearances (5 goals) so could already be considered a first team squad player, Henderson has 6 appearances.
I’d keep them and play them more often.

I’d definitely consider them squad players now, putting them in against the right opposition they could change matches. They have both got undoubted quality & I’m wary of sending them out on loan as finding a proper club that’ll let them prosper is hard to find.
Maybe they will learn more staying and gelling with their Celtic team mates?

I would agree. I think if Sinclair moves on this summer Johnston could step up and play more often in his preferred position of wide left cutting in.
Henderson would benefit from having a manager who doesn’t flog the same players 50-60 games per season and trusted the squad.

I would agree. I think if Sinclair moves on this summer Johnston could step up and play more often in his preferred position of wide left cutting in.
Henderson would benefit from having a manager who doesn’t flog the same players 50-60 games per season and trusted the squad.

Johnston has the fitness there but Ewan needs to bulk up a wee bit more although to be fair to him he isn’t shy at the game.

Defo a favourite already of mine.

Positive forward play. Whats not to like. I think he should defo be considered squad player to come on, on a regular basis whilst working on filling out a wee bit more for hos protection.

But yeah lads, very exciting watching these bhoys yesterday.

Tbf they were allowed to play their game due to the pro’s clearing up the cons even through ill passing at times yeah bain. But thats as it should be and as they gain experience and fitness at that level then comes the expectation of playing their game whilst clearing up the cons.

Defo want to keep them at Celtic.

Its a really good time for them too. If they put the fight in well there’s no reason they can’t be first choice options not this season coming but season after.

If Sinclair doesn’t regain his confidence, then I think Johnston could be used, but, to me he will be behind Shved next year. For me he has to look at young Ryan, he too had and still has, bags of ability, but he was slightly built and easily muscled off the ball. He used his time to build up his strength and look at him now. Johnston needs to do the same and when he does he will go up a level. I feel the same about Henderson. Both have exceptional natural talent. This married to greater physical strength for me is the key to them holding their own in any game.

I was delighted with both of them and wee Karaoke was brilliant too. Wether they make it as first team picks requires them to be robust enough to cope when it gets physical and a battle. I hope both can do that, but until they do, for me they will not achieve their undoubted potential in today’s game. If we look at the young stars of Ajax, who are the same age. They have the technical ability as well as being strong. Christie is now one of our best players. He was about to be released and he changed that. For me these two lads should follow his example.

If Sinclair doesn’t regain his confidence, then I think Johnston could be used, but, to me he will be behind Shved next year. For me he has to look at young Ryan, he too had and still has, bags of ability, but he was slightly built and easily muscled off the ball. He used his time to build up his strength and look at him now. Johnston needs to do the same and when he does he will go up a level. I feel the same about Henderson. Both have exceptional natural talent. This married to greater physical strength for me is the key to them holding their own in any game.

I was delighted with both of them and wee Karaoke was brilliant too. Wether they make it as first team picks requires them to be robust enough to cope when it gets physical and a battle. I hope both can do that, but until they do, for me they will not achieve their undoubted potential in today’s game. If we look at the young stars of Ajax, who are the same age. They have the technical ability as well as being strong. Christie is now one of our best players. He was about to be released and he changed that. For me these two lads should follow his example.

Yeah i could agree a little more time for mikey too. But defo seems we’re on the same page there

Should they now be considered first team players and play more games next season or should they be loaned out for a season?
Johnston has 22 appearances (5 goals) so could already be considered a first team squad player, Henderson has 6 appearances.
I’d keep them and play them more often.
Both of them are good enough IMO.Wee Hendo doesny shy away from a tackle but Mickey looks a bit lightweight and needs to bulk up a bit.Would keep both in the squad.

For me Sinclair has not kicked a ball all season, and Burke is a waste of space, both need to move on.henderson, Johnston and dembele, are shaping to become brilliant players, and I would slowly nurse them into first team next season, I don’t think going on loan now would be good for them,

For me Sinclair has not kicked a ball all season, and Burke is a waste of space, both need to move on.henderson, Johnston and dembele, are shaping to become brilliant players, and I would slowly nurse them into first team next season, I don’t think going on loan now would be good for them,
I agree. Although I thought for the most part Sincy has been fairly poor at least statistically he scored and assisted a good number of goals up to Boxing Day. He has been awful in the second half of the season though (except for a one'off game here and there against poorer opposition). This is not unique because throughout his career he has nearly always fallen away badly after a good start with each new team. I love the guy and will be grateful to him for the success he has brought us but I think it would be better for both him and us if he sought a new challenge.

I agree with your point about the youngsters too. Get them on properly structured training to bulk up enough but without losing their pace. Break them in gently - I'd rather we got a dozen good performances out of them ovr the next season or two than a St Mirren or a Hibs!

Get what you mean about the Ajax players especially de Ligts ,19 year old and the boys a tank ,fuck knows what theyre feeding him ?

Get what you mean about the Ajax players especially de Ligts ,19 year old and the boys a tank ,fuck knows what theyre feeding him ?

Whatever it is, it’s working. Today’s game requires you to be strong as well as gifted. When we look at most of our younger players they look like wee boys. It’s up to them to put the time in to build themselves up to cope. If they don’t they will never be able to handle it. It’s a no brainer unless you want to play for a shit team. Ability that is smothered because you can be muscles off the ball with a fair challenge is no good to any team. The odd wee flash doesn’t cut it. Being able to help the defence by putting in challenges is a part of the game now. Both of the young guys couldn’t tackle a fish supper right now. They need to realise that is a weakness in their game and rectify it.

Whatever it is, it’s working. Today’s game requires you to be strong as well as gifted. When we look at most of our younger players they look like wee boys. It’s up to them to put the time in to build themselves up to cope. If they don’t they will never be able to handle it. It’s a no brainer unless you want to play for a shit team. Ability that is smothered because you can be muscles off the ball with a fair challenge is no good to any team. The odd wee flash doesn’t cut it. Being able to help the defence by putting in challenges is a part of the game now. Both of the young guys couldn’t tackle a fish supper right now. They need to realise that is a weakness in their game and rectify it.
Think a lot of it is genetics, obviously some players are naturally bigger built.Was told years ago you're no meant to touch a weight until you stop growing but wtf do a know ?Christie and Tierney put the work in and so will these guys HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back