Jonny Hayes!

Brimcbhoy

So i'm reading Jonny Hayes is saying Aberdeen haven't ruled out 2nd place. Fair enough, if we keep drawing that is possible.
I'm wondering about the wisdom of letting him go though, for nothing. He even deffered his wages at Aberdeen for a year to make it happen.
We have suffered down both flanks this season, you would have seen more crosses in a mosque. I don't know whos decision it was, probably Lawwell, but as well as letting Lustig go for zilch, how can you say that is a good business decision when we paid more money to replace them with inferior players?
And if you look back further, I'm sure you will find many examples of players we've let go on the cheap. KT is now looking like the bargain of the century for Arsenal. So when P Lawwell is bumming up his CV regarding moneyball, it should read, COULD DO BETTER.

Last edited:
So i'm reading Jonny Hayes is saying Aberdeen haven't ruled out 2nd place. Fair enough, if we keep drawing that is possible.
I'm wondering about the wisdom of letting him go though, for nothing. He even deffered his wages at Aberdeen for a year to make it happen.
We have suffered down both flanks this season, you would have seen more crosses in a mosque. I don't know whos decision it was, probably Lawwell, but as well as letting Lustig go for zilch, how can you say that is a good business decision when we paid more money to replace them with inferior players?
And if you look back further, I'm sure you will find many examples of players we've let go on the cheap. KT is now looking like the bargain of the century for Arsenal. So when P Lawwell is bumming up his CV regarding moneyball, it should read, COULD DO BETTER.
When the next manager comes in, he must pick the players that he wants. Not Lawwell. Plus I hope the new boss isn’t a yes man. Hayes should never been allowed to leave. Or Gordon. Even Simnovic would have been better than Duffy. All those decisions show the arrogance of Lawwell.😡

He's average...has heart but average...Aberdeen is definitely his level
Average meh, he is a winger first of all and would have been a great squad player, he would have been ideal cover for our regular left winger, o thats right we dont have one. On the left side of a four or five man midfield he would have done us a job, his big problem was he didn't tell Peter he would play for nothing till covid was over, had he done so he would still be here.

Johnny had pride in the jersey which elevated his talents and desire to deliver for us.
Celtic man through and through .
Lawwell doesn't recognise those attributes im afraid. Big mistake.
More and more, it looks like the only thing that Lawwell recognises is the opportunity for a bonus and any ploy to hold onto his cushy number at Celtic (where it seems that this employee tells his employers what to do).

Average meh, he is a winger first of all and would have been a great squad player, he would have been ideal cover for our regular left winger, o thats right we dont have one. On the left side of a four or five man midfield he would have done us a job, his big problem was he didn't tell Peter he would play for nothing till covid was over, had he done so he would still be here.

Plenty doing nothing for a wage at the moment

One of the daftest things we done in summer get rid of our experienced LWB for an untried unknown LB who's never watched scottish fitbaw never mind played it wit a difference the bhoy wid have made to our defence this year and our attacking btw

Couldn't see why he was let go but don't understand why it's worth discussing now. It was the same with John McGinn, folk still go on about the past when it's the present and the future that are of more importance.

Back