Joshua! ?

The bigger and stronger AJ became, the slower he got, lost interest in Joshua as Eddie Hearn kept him away from Wilder and Fury. Full credit to the first Mexican heavyweight World champion, maybe not the best physique for a fighter, but streetwise enough and fast enough hands to beat a slower boxer.

Big Frank had the physique of a Greek God, but he had feet of mud.

AJ looked a bit like that last night, and to be fair - it's the worst heavyweight division in the history of the sport.

I don't think AJ would have lived with Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, or the Klitchkos in their prime.

Wouldn't have lasted 3 minutes with the true heavyweight greats.

Big Frank had the physique of a Greek God, but he had feet of mud.

AJ looked a bit like that last night, and to be fair - it's the worst heavyweight division in the history of the sport.

I don't think AJ would have lived with Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, or the Klitchkos in their prime.

Wouldn't have lasted 3 minutes with the true heavyweight greats.
Spot on SP, he's been slowly turning into Bruno as he bulked up, needs to ease up in the gym and work on his speed, the boxers you mention would take care of him with ease, smoking Joe Frazier would have him for breakfast, Fury for lunch and Wilder for supper. ?

The bigger and stronger AJ became, the slower he got, lost interest in Joshua as Eddie Hearn kept him away from Wilder and Fury. Full credit to the first Mexican heavyweight World champion, maybe not the best physique for a fighter, but streetwise enough and fast enough hands to beat a slower boxer.
Wilder isn't all that either the heavyweight division is at a bit of a low right now. I think wilder will be glad to see this but Ruiz was underestimated here. I've not seen the fight yet but the talk before it about how after this fight Joshua will this and that etc.. but he's still young. Interested to see how he comes back from this

Wilder isn't all that either the heavyweight division is at a bit of a low right now. I think wilder will be glad to see this but Ruiz was underestimated here. I've not seen the fight yet but the talk before it about how after this fight Joshua will this and that etc.. but he's still young. Interested to see how he comes back from this
Watched average quality highlights on you tube this morning Winter, AJ was hopeless, you'll be surprised when you see the punches that put him on his arse, Wilder will knock him over no probs imo, all the credit goes to the Mexican, he outsmarted the champion and was brave enough to get up off the canvas and make history, another positive for me is that Eddie Hearn no longer has his grubby hands on the heavyweight division.
Apparently Eddie slipped a rematch clause in the contract to cover his arse in case the Mexican pulled it off so I'd imagine they'll go again, but after watching the fight, he is gonnae have to make a dramatic improvement to beat this guy.

Watched average quality highlights on you tube this morning Winter, AJ was hopeless, you'll be surprised when you see the punches that put him on his arse, Wilder will knock him over no probs imo, all the credit goes to the Mexican, he outsmarted the champion and was brave enough to get up off the canvas and make history, another positive for me is that Eddie Hearn no longer has his grubby hands on the heavyweight division.
Apparently Eddie slipped a rematch clause in the contract to cover his arse in case the Mexican pulled it off so I'd imagine they'll go again, but after watching the fight, he is gonnae have to make a dramatic improvement to beat this guy.
Hearn lost his bargaining chip when Wilder/Fury drew.

They two became the big draw and AJ might have had the belts, but not the box-office.

This was a filler fight and more American exposure for Joshua.........afraid to say that he fluffed his lines and Fury and Wilder must be rubbing their mitts, because the winner of that fight holds all the chips.

Won't be shedding any tears for the Hearns, they don't want a competitive division, just more money!

Wilder isnae great but he’s got a pile driver of a punch don’t think an could take it

Wilder isnae great but he’s got a pile driver of a punch don’t think an could take it
Did you see his face when he put Fury down and the big fella got back up?

He has no finesse, K........he's a puncher, right enough, but when he lands it right, I'm no sure many would get back up, let alone AJ.

Joshua's jaw looked like an exhibit for Pilkington Glass last night, and that was the kind of beating that can mentally destroy a fighter.

Lewis took a couple of defeats, but not that kind of beating and he recovered just fine. That was a beating and that's when you start to question yourself.

Just watched decent quality highlights and I'm stunned by what I saw. 4 knock downs? Wow I said he was underestimated but I didn't think as much as that. Joshua made the mistake of going for the ko after he knocked Ruiz down , big mistake shouldve stayed back employed the jabagain and waited for the next opportunity which I'm sure wouldve come. I won't write Joshua off on this fight and I won't be surprised if he wins the rematch too much respect shown too little experience from aj but all credit to the "not body beautiful " ? Ruiz he got his tactics spot on , fought like his life depended on it. Ajit appears thought he justhad to turn up. His stamina is questionable as well. Some 3rd round though reminded me of hagler v hearns the greatest no holds barred fight I've ever seen tjat went 3 rounds

Just watched decent quality highlights and I'm stunned by what I saw. 4 knock downs? Wow I said he was underestimated but I didn't think as much as that. Joshua made the mistake of going for the ko after he knocked Ruiz down , big mistake shouldve stayed back employed the jabagain and waited for the next opportunity which I'm sure wouldve come. I won't write Joshua off on this fight and I won't be surprised if he wins the rematch too much respect shown too little experience from aj but all credit to the "not body beautiful " ? Ruiz he got his tactics spot on , fought like his life depended on it. Ajit appears thought he justhad to turn up. His stamina is questionable as well. Some 3rd round though reminded me of hagler v hearns the greatest no holds barred fight I've ever seen tjat went 3 rounds
Don't think the big man looked himself at all last night.Looked totally fucked from the 1st round and a bit gun shy.Hope he bounces back , i reckon Fury and windmill Wilder both give him serious bother .

Hearn's got AJ's future mapped out:

1. Have a psychotic breakdown
2. Test positive for Class A drugs
3. Balloon up to 30st of loose blubber
4. Get banned for 2-years
5. Comeback complete

Members online

Latest posts

Back