KARAMOKO DEMBELE IN CUP FINAL SQUAD?

BILLCOWIE1958

After watching this kid light up the 2nd half at CP yesteday I think a place in the squad at least on Saturday would be a realistic shout

The wee fella has skill trickery energy vision and by the looks of it no fear

If you're good enough you're old enough in my books

He could be the spark that the team has been crying out for during our lacklustre draws and late goal narrow wins since January
If Burke is crocked as seems the case he gets my vote Even If Burke is fit he STILL gets my vote

Get yer baws oot Lenny Give the kid a chance

HH?

I haven't seen a player come on and light up CP like that for a long time. The moment when one of those hammer throwers tried to fell him and he just got back up and kept running was amazing by itself. Would've been wild if he scored. He's smaller than some of the ball boys, but what a player. His confidence is astounding for someone that age. Imagine being that age and having 60,000 people chanting your name? He should absolutely be in the cup final squad. Oliver Burke, who had about one touch in 45 minutes and was absolutely abysmal, is apparently struggling with injury, so Karamoko should get his squad place.

I wouldn’t give Burke a Cup Final squad place even if he is fit! That would just be a waste of a jersey. Young Dembele has more class & a clever football brain on him at his tender age than Burke will ever have. He gets bums off seats & that’s what the punters pay to see.
It’s an entertainment business & the young fella is an entertainer. I’d have him on the bench & bring him on the last 30 mins depending on the situation. Winning trophies this season will only give him the hunger to go get more next season.
Treble treble ???
14310A58-BA94-4809-8AFE-14F0F632D02A.jpeg

Last edited:
I was at the game and after a pretty dire and flat first half (though that Johnston goal and the interplay between him and Henderson was awesome), as soon as I saw him at the side of the pitch, my heart leapt and so did 60,000 others'. He's just got that presence about him. Almost Lubo-esque (I'm not getting carried away, you know what I mean) - he's confident but not cocky, silky without being lazy etc. Really excited about him.

I wouldn’t give Burke a Cup Final squad place even if he is fit! That would just be a waste of a jersey. Young Dembele has more class & a clever football brain on him at his tender age than Burke will ever have. He gets bums of seats & that’s what the punters pay to see.

Absolutely. He's an utter liability. We've tried him in every position in the front line and, other than a couple of games, he's been absolutely pish. It might be a confidence thing. I remember he was v good away at Tynecastle - Lennie's first game back.

Absolutely. He's an utter liability. We've tried him in every position in the front line and, other than a couple of games, he's been absolutely pish. It might be a confidence thing. I remember he was v good away at Tynecastle - Lennie's first game back.
I’m just glad it was a loan deal & we can close the chapter on that one. I think with some players they have a raw talent ( Burke has a great turn of speed) but the penny just doesn’t drop with them.
Dembele on the other hand has a football brain, you can tell just watching him off the ball. He knows what he’s going to do 2/3 moves before the ball reaches him.
The boy is pure class ?

Back